Another Video Grain of Salt

USAFmedic129
1538 posts Member
So does this mean Empire Teams are getting nerfed even further? Mind you this is a game changer video so...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HvovtRp0Q7Y

Replies

• hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    This vid would have been useful before I spent everything on getting Padme. Durn.
  • I can never quite tell if the SWGOH community wants a rock-paper-scissors arena or not. Everyone's asking for this, but only until they've unlocked the latest shiny meta bauble. Then it's suddenly an outrage when any team can beat them on offense.
  • I can never quite tell if the SWGOH community wants a rock-paper-scissors arena or not. Everyone's asking for this, but only until they've unlocked the latest shiny meta bauble. Then it's suddenly an outrage when any team can beat them on offense.

If you have the meta team, you do not want a more easily attainable team to beat it.

If you do not have the meta team, you want a chance to be able to climb in arena with an available counter.

If you have top tier speed mods, you embrace metas where turn order and not TM manipulation rule.

If you do not have top tier speed mods, you deride the metas where who goes first wins most often.

These are constantly changing positions within the community based on the what is currently happening in the game and where people find themselves relative to others. I genuinely think CG is trying, but JJ Abrams'd themselves into a corner with the advent of Traya. That's when the super-synergy teams really started becoming prevalent and metas became less fluid and more prescriptive. Squad arena used to be more vibrant and eclectic. Now, having the "meta" is table stakes to make crystals so you can enjoy the other game mods.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I want what's best for me. I subscribe to the Larry David Me First policy.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I can never quite tell if the SWGOH community wants a rock-paper-scissors arena or not. Everyone's asking for this, but only until they've unlocked the latest shiny meta bauble. Then it's suddenly an outrage when any team can beat them on offense.

I think people are okay with rock/paper/scissors. I just think people don't like when 2 year old scissors, that everyone has can beat brand new paper. If it were JKR or DR teams that were pounding Padme teams on offense, I think people would be fine with it.

I also think people are more than a little suspicious when the same people who allegedly "tested" Padme to make sure she was strong enough, post an easy counter a few days after her release. Maybe CG isn't the only one playing the "misleading videos" game? If I'm being honest, Ahnald lost a lot of credibility on this one.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ahnald lost a lot of credibility on this one.

How do you go lower than 0?
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Even if I had a fully maxed out padme team in arena, it’d be my pleasure to let someone wipe me clean with that team. Let people enjoy the game a bit more than they do by theory crafting teams to beat it.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/