Rancor Raid Bug or just me being stupid?

px49z4l6qa2f.png

If the picture cant be open, then let me explain with words

I'm in a rancor raid with only Hera left, but i can't use any of my ability. I was thinking "maybe i got an ability block" But no. There is no ability block. And i read the rancor kit 1 by 1 and i didn't find any reason why my Hera can't use her ability.

Can someone explain to me?

Replies

• DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    I don't know if I've ever had just hera left, but maybe they blocked them because they only work on allies? The middle is call an assist, the 3rd is the revive. Neither can actually target herself.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    I don't know if I've ever had just hera left, but maybe they blocked them because they only work on allies? The middle is call an assist, the 3rd is the revive. Neither can actually target herself.

It's not that, because the "escape" button is ability blocked too.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    How are you in the rancor raid and join the guild (chat msg) at the same time though?!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • CYG77
    75 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    How are you in the rancor raid and join the guild (chat msg) at the same time though?!

Alternate account?
  • Enrico2807
    14 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    leef wrote: »

I don't remember, it's been a while. I think
    I join the guild then i attack the rancor?
  • Mucro
    101 posts Member

It's not heroic, as you see Hera is only 4*, so it will always appear as blocked.

Likely it's what has been suggested; abilities appear as blocked if there are no allies to use them on.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    You can't escape below heroic?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    You can't escape below heroic?

That's news to me too. Can't check the raid details page for low level Rancor for a couple of hours, got a herioc waiting to SIM. I reckon you can escape, otherwise what would be the point in the button being there?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    https://swgoh.gg/db/raids/the-pit/

According to gg it's available on all levels.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    https://swgoh.gg/db/raids/the-pit/

According to gg it's available on all levels.

Well done. It's just the odds of escaping shrink as you move up the tiers.
    Mucro wrote: »

It's not heroic, as you see Hera is only 4*, so it will always appear as blocked.

Likely it's what has been suggested; abilities appear as blocked if there are no allies to use them on.

Incorrect about the escape button.
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    Are you in one of the computer generated guilds? Or beginner auto guilds?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    @Enrico2807 Actually, there is a bug, but not where you thought.

Turns out Hera can only use her basic as there are no allies to target. This happens in normal LS and Cantina nodes (it was really hard trying to get a weak ally that would die fast for this screenshot):
    dd8c8kocdu15.png

However, this self-imposed ability block SHOULD NOT affect the "Escape" button in the Rancor raid. You should report this bug at Answers HQ. Or I can for you if you don't mind me stealing your screenshot?
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member

Turns out Hera can only use her basic as there are no allies to target. This happens in normal LS and Cantina nodes (it was really hard trying to get a weak ally that would die fast for this screenshot):
    dd8c8kocdu15.png

However, this self-imposed ability block SHOULD NOT affect the "Escape" button in the Rancor raid. You should report this bug at Answers HQ. Or I can for you if you don't mind me stealing your screenshot?

I was mostly right? I was just grasping for a reason...
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member

dd8c8kocdu15.png

I was mostly right? I was just grasping for a reason...

Yeah. Not a fan of how they've done this. They should have made it so the special buttons become greyed out when she's last one standing, but it looks like she just triggers ability block on herself. But, as seen in the Rancor raid, this gives unintended consequences.
  • @Enrico2807 Actually, there is a bug, but not where you thought.

dd8c8kocdu15.png

Sure, just report it