The truth about the Padmé event

Replies

• KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    ocpsz8hlcard.jpg
    That's no luck. They got blasted all over the place.

It is luck. You managed to keep BI on GK which let you focus down Jolee and take a cool screenshot of a big boom.

Not really with 130% potency

My B2 has over 150% potency. Still not as lucky as you.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    ocpsz8hlcard.jpg

It is luck. You managed to keep BI on GK which let you focus down Jolee and take a cool screenshot of a big boom.

Jolee and his 300% tenacity laugh at your 130% potency. And I know that he does, because I was running B2 with 130% potency as well, and it took hours to get a run where BI was on GK at that point in the event.

You don't want it to be luck, because you feel that takes away from your achievement. But it's 100% luck.

You can believe that. But never did I more then 20 attempts at any event. My luck is unreal.

Can't really equate other events to this event, especially since they all require drastically different gear levels and team compositions. But I know (not believe, know without a doubt) from your screenshot that it's luck.

The only circumstance in which the Padme event is not luck is if you have a full g12.5, 6E modded Sep Droid team. Then you do it in 4 attempts, which is about how long it takes to figure the event out. 20 attempts, while good luck, is still luck.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    ocpsz8hlcard.jpg

Jolee and his 300% tenacity laugh at your 130% potency. And I know that he does, because I was running B2 with 130% potency as well, and it took hours to get a run where BI was on GK at that point in the event.

You don't want it to be luck, because you feel that takes away from your achievement. But it's 100% luck.

You can believe that. But never did I more then 20 attempts at any event. My luck is unreal.

Me neither. Until this event.

And what starSon said...
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    ocpsz8hlcard.jpg

Can't really equate other events to this event, especially since they all require drastically different gear levels and team compositions. But I know (not believe, know without a doubt) from your screenshot that it's luck.

The only circumstance in which the Padme event is not luck is if you have a full g12.5, 6E modded Sep Droid team. Then you do it in 4 attempts, which is about how long it takes to figure the event out. 20 attempts, while good luck, is still luck.

You don't know what luck is I guess.
    It's unachievable for you and everything you can't do is luck. Playing life on recruit difficulty.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I got my 7* Padme on Friday. I know what the event entails. I know how to beat it. I know that it was luck when I beat it, even though I had a 4/5 at g12, with g12 pieces, and 6E mods.

You can try to attribute your achievement here as skill, but if it were skill it wouldn't have taken you more than 5 tries. Sorry.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    In PVE, is there still always 15% chance of landing a debuff despite any level of tenacity? Or am I getting my mechanics messed up
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Deleted per below.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    In PVE, is there still always 15% chance of landing a debuff despite any level of tenacity? Or am I getting my mechanics messed up
    You got it backward, there's always a 15% chance for the debuff(s) to be resisted. :)

• evoluza wrote: »
    ocpsz8hlcard.jpg

Just curious, what’s your GG HP look like?

As an aside, since BI only has a base 80% chance to proc anyways, yeah, there’s still some luck involved no matter how high your potency.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    Finally got her 7 stars.

All through skill and strategy of course.

Worst ...... event ...... ever!!!
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    ocpsz8hlcard.jpg

It's unachievable for you and everything you can't do is luck. Playing life on recruit difficulty.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I got my 7* Padme on Friday. I know what the event entails. I know how to beat it. I know that it was luck when I beat it, even though I had a 4/5 at g12, with g12 pieces, and 6E mods.

You can try to attribute your achievement here as skill, but if it were skill it wouldn't have taken you more than 5 tries. Sorry.

3 tries. See the event, see it again and then beat it. G12 5/5 and better mods.

All that means is your luck is amazing, because that's what it was. I never said the event was "hard," it's just a matter of waiting it out until you get the right RNG. That will take longer for some people than it will others.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    ocpsz8hlcard.jpg

All that means is your luck is amazing, because that's what it was. I never said the event was "hard," it's just a matter of waiting it out until you get the right RNG. That will take longer for some people than it will others.

Lazy excuses. Get a better team, then you don't need hour's.

Lol honestly. I have seen plenty with g12.5 teams that take hours. Just because your luck was amazing, doesn't mean it wasn't luck. There is nothing you can do in those three tries to keep Jolee from granting protection up after you cleanse the first set of stacks. And nothing you can do to keep GK from cleansing the first BI you manage to stick. And nothing you can do to force B2 to trigger right away.

But, it's cool, you continue to troll everyone and claim "git gud", but every single other person in this game understands it's luck.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    First off I wanted to say that the top half of GG’s leader isn’t working for this event (maybe not at all, I’ll have to check that also). I put Asaj in as the leader and my whole team still does the same amount of damage! The Crit avoidance is pretty hard to judge, but the -50% defense should definitely be recognizable. Another thing I’ve noticed is that I made my team stronger by putting their mods to 6dot, added a zeta, raised their gear max/almost max, and that Galactic Republic team also got stronger. Everything I did they have a counter for, everything. Events like this are far from fun and they shouldn’t have to be a rng fest to obtain a character. I feel sorry for the young kids that play this, they have no chance at all. I hope they go back to the regular way of doing these events because this crap makes me want to stop playing all together

Well, there's one thing they don't have counters for: Droideka's invulnerability. But you have to pay for that...
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Why do I come to that conclusion. The mechanics are chaotic at best. One time Padmé (without buff) kicks a solid toon for 45k damage and other times debuffs are not only immediately dispelled, but turn into buffs. Not even mentioning the 100% turn meter gains.

It helps to know the kits you're dealing with. GK cleanses debuffs and turns them into the opposite buff. Padme and Anakin gain bonus turns, which is an immediate turn....has nothing to do with TM (which is why TM manipulation and speed can't prevent their bonus turns).
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I want fish-face. Dude has tenacity of about 3000%, one shotted a full health g12+3 Vent and can rez.

He's in the game....he's called Jolee, albeit it he has a 3 turn cooldown on his rez unlike Jolee's 5 turn cooldown. Otherwise it's the same kit....and Jolee has +100% tenacity on his unique so the Mon Calamari guy probably has that too.

You do realize that your talking to people who know the game well right? Also Jolee doesn't one shot g12 ventress soooo... xD
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    ocpsz8hlcard.jpg

Lol honestly. I have seen plenty with g12.5 teams that take hours. Just because your luck was amazing, doesn't mean it wasn't luck. There is nothing you can do in those three tries to keep Jolee from granting protection up after you cleanse the first set of stacks. And nothing you can do to keep GK from cleansing the first BI you manage to stick. And nothing you can do to force B2 to trigger right away.

But, it's cool, you continue to troll everyone and claim "git gud", but every single other person in this game understands it's luck.

Sad for you guy's. Everyone with good teams, did it no time. Then you and other's (I am sure with as good chars and mods) with unfortunate luck, can't do it in no time.
    Really sad.

Just one simple question: Did you have Droideka in your team?

If yes, I am not surprised it only took you 3 tries, but you basically paid for Padmé (while others got her for free)

If no, you got lucky. No shame in admitting it. You just embarrass yourself claiming it was anything else.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    They do. Lots. Read GK's kit.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Danoris
    51 posts Member
    Knowing the event and knowing the character abilities still doesn’t equate to not needing luck to win. I have been trying for T7 longer than probably anyone but I’m not quitting till the event leaves tomorrow.

Dooku has a 100% chance to shock / stun a Jedi, but even with 113% potency, it only lands about 1 in 10 attempts. If it does actually stun the target, it’s shrugged off and they instantly make their move (like the lightning is giving them full TM). GG’s horror should stun but it only lands 1 in 5 times. Fish Jolee can’t be stunned or ability blocked, no matter how many times I’ve tried (once I tried with GG and AV 4 times in a row, nothing landed). Even with all abilities in check, I watched Mace ( not Anakin or Padmé ) hit me 3 times in a row after I killed “I can’t believe it’s not a Jolee”. What skill gives him that many bonus turns?

The squad I’m using is GG (G12+3, 2 zeta), AV (G12+3, 2 zeta), Dooku (G12+3), B2 (G11), and Magna (G9). Even at 54k health, GG still seems to hit like a wet noodle.

I think I preferred the Thrawn event by trying with G7-9 Phoenix without zetas, it seemed easier on the rng lol
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Basically you need almost maxed out Grievious with the zeta unique. Inportant his to give his gear 12 piece which gives > 6000 health each.
    I gave him just one of those piece and i noticed a big difference

l52c7j3yofkd.jpeg
  • evoluza wrote: »
    KyoO1234 wrote: »
    ocpsz8hlcard.jpg

Sad for you guy's. Everyone with good teams, did it no time. Then you and other's (I am sure with as good chars and mods) with unfortunate luck, can't do it in no time.
    Really sad.

Just one simple question: Did you have Droideka in your team?

If yes, I am not surprised it only took you 3 tries, but you basically paid for Padmé (while others got her for free)

If no, you got lucky. No shame in admitting it. You just embarrass yourself claiming it was anything else.

No droideka. Already said it.
    It's more embarrassing to call it luck, because you can't do it.
    It's free, it's easy. You need some maxed stuff, but that's it.

Don't listen to this guy he is always promoting spending money and is just a huge troll for ea
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    I’ve played that mission @500 times now and not once have 3 of them got foresite at the same time early/middle of the match. That only happens to me at the very end...all 500 times

Maybe it helps, but what finally made the difference for me was to use GGs AOE instead of his creepy crawly attack (especially since Mace constant dispelled the health up)