For the good of the game and its players...

...roll back the game and remove JKR, DR, Malak, Padme, and everything that came along with them. This game has gotten very un-fun ever since JKR was introduced, a sentiment that is echoed everywhere.

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Disagree.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I'd love to take a break from events. Maybe get some kit touch ups and some marquees. Would be a nice time to relax.
  • I have them all and have never had less fun playing.
  • Tbirds01
    1235 posts Member
    Don’t remove padme, had to work hard for her!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    ...roll back the game and remove JKR, DR, Malak, Padme, and everything that came along with them. This game has gotten very un-fun ever since JKR was introduced, a sentiment that is echoed everywhere.

Yeah let's just delete months / years worth of progress. Be forced to issue refunds as well as face potential lawsuits from the playerbase because people "don't like them."

I can tell you are very young as you definitely don't understand how business works. As well as the consequences of doing absurd actions like the one you suggested. Let me put in into your terms,

it's like handing in a project to your teacher that you spent time and money to create. Then, your teacher says "I decided to omit the project" after you spent time and money on it. You would want to get your time (impossible) and money (possible) back because of it.
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    SemiGod wrote: »
    [I can tell you are very young as you definitely don't understand how business works.

How condescending of you. I'll bet your annual salary that I am older than you. How many years before Episode 4 was released in theaters were you born?

Your analogy is as bad as your presumption. These characters are driving this game in a direction that has no future. I have personally witnessed more people quit since DR was introduced than my entire time playing the game up to that point, and I've played since right after launch. Some times you have to bite the bullet, admit you were wrong, and take steps to remedy. Sometimes those steps are drastic by necessity.
  • duey
    2 posts Member
    The **** with the nightsisters isn't even a fair fight..****..u kill one they come right back..u kill another..they all come back full health and unreal turn meter advantage..**** ****
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Nope.
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Yes, MT sisters is a perfect example of a 3v3 squad that is totally out of balance. There are others. The mode does not work with this game, it should be removed, but that's a different complaint post of mine.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    [I can tell you are very young as you definitely don't understand how business works.

How condescending of you. I'll bet your annual salary that I am older than you. How many years before Episode 4 was released in theaters were you born?

Your analogy is as bad as your presumption. These characters are driving this game in a direction that has no future. I have personally witnessed more people quit since DR was introduced than my entire time playing the game up to that point, and I've played since right after launch. Some times you have to bite the bullet, admit you were wrong, and take steps to remedy. Sometimes those steps are drastic by necessity.

It would be nice to slow to launch of characters but 0 desire to turn back the clock. I am a definitely on the opposite side.
  • Can’t disagree more. As someone like myself that has dropped trou for all of the above, why should I be punished? What the game needs is more content. New characters are nice but not content. Give us something to use these new characters on other than PvP. A new TB is a good start. Hopefully it’s not a reskin of existing TBs and there is something new. A new raid is definitely needed. Perhaps dusting off old raids and adding a mythic tier?

The problem is a new raid will lead to nerfs and nerfs and nerfs of existing toons once players figure out how to beat it. We will be scolded for exploiting synergies and abilities will be reworked just like p3 sith raid has done.

A new raid, or any new content is dangerous to all players because our whole investment could be made unless if we farmed characters that are successful in the new content.

What they need is a special arena that costs 100 crystals to fight each battle and who ever is #1 gets a self congratulatory IG post by the official SWGOH page daily. people can pay to be the top name mentioned and we can enjoy all the characters we farmed up.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

As ridiculous as your suggestion is a little condescension is in order.

I totally understand your frustration. Do you have a solution that wouldn't destroy the game?
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

Except your proposed idea is only making the game die. If you rollback all that has been done in the past year CG loses money because people who payed for those characters will be outraged. On top of that, majority of those players would quit because they don't trust the game devs anymore. You proposed an idea that would destroy the game in seconds. You really expect EA to be fine with CG losing millions of dollars? Because they wouldn't the only thing they would do is pull the plug and SWGOH will be another dead game. Those characters don't need to have a future. The games future relies on star wars movies / popular games being produced so they can create characters based on those to drive sales. I dont have to admit I am wrong when I am not. The person who is wrong is you.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    I don't understand why you are getting offended after proposing a ridiculous idea. Its the internet.
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    @SemiGod
    I think you struck a nerve there. Haha I liked the bit about not understanding business. I feel like that’s a big part of the complaints on here. People not understanding that money is the fuel for the game. And that a business is primarily there to make money , and it will sacrifice a few for the many. As it should!! I don’t think that lack of understanding is restricted to age though.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Stick wrote: »
    @SemiGod
    I think you struck a nerve there. Haha I liked the bit about not understanding business. I feel like that’s a big part of the complaints on here. People not understanding that money is the fuel for the game. And that a business is primarily there to make money , and it will sacrifice a few for the many. As it should!! I don’t think that lack of understanding is restricted to age though.

Yeah ik I lowkey included that as a cheap insult. But I always forget people can't take jokes nowadays so I kinda regret saying it because I'm about to be in an online argument lol.
  • My own thoughts is that there is a too wider gulf between factions. Saying that, my gp is in the low 2 million and in a 50 odd million guild. We still see a wide variety of factions pitting against each other in TW and GA. I would find a revan wall in TW a very dull prospect. I just want to blow up the other toons (after I blow off their gentleman veg) not to study the speed of a Raven vs a speed of another and another and another and another and another and another and another and another and finally find one that is one speed slower than mine. Think I would be moving on from the game if I saw that.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member

L B)
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I don’t necessarily agree with getting rid of them all but this game is clearly a pay to win game.

Yes, some teams will obviously be stronger than others and SHOULD be. But a more rock-paper-scissors META would make it more fun.... Even more than a 3 team META would be even better... DR, JKR, MT, EP, JTR, CLS, Padme teams all competing for top spots would be awesome. Now it’s just DR and JKR teams, and seeing a top 10 JKR team is becoming rare these days.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    because I'm about to be in an online argument lol.

Naw, I don't argue online because I'm always right. B)
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    because I'm about to be in an online argument lol.

Naw, I don't argue online because I'm always right. B)

You cant be right when everyone in the world knows your wrong lmao.

I'll admit you probably are very young because you think you are right but your proposition is the worst idea in the world. I bet if you told this to the devs they would laugh at you.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Remove no one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    remove revans and malek yes but not padme. padme cant own every team in game like revan can, not even close. shes on par with palp team maybe treya thats about it.

You're acting like they arent going to get sued/ lose millions of $ if they remove those characters.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Let's leave it out please with the "I'm older than you...." comments, there's no need and it's only fueling an argument.