How many TW are invalidated because of this bug?

StarSon
7411 posts Member
So, apparently all the threads are being closed as bug reports? However, in this one
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/203626/tw-and-ga-mods-can-be-switched-after-player-lock#latest
Kyno says "they are now aware."

Well, what about when they were told in April of 2018? Or December of 208? Or a month ago, on Answers HQ? Why wait for a video to come out to fix it? And, finally, how many TW's were won or lost because people were using this?

Replies

• TVF
    36524 posts Member

Our guild is 52-12 in TW.

The answer is obviously 12.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Our guild is 52-12 in TW.

The answer is obviously 12.

:D

Sure. But in the broader sense, from what I can gather this bug has existed since the beginning of TW. CG has known about it, and done nothing. They haven't been "banning" for it. They clearly haven't been fixing it. What is even the point of trying in these events when there are so many easy ways to cheat and no recourse for those cheating?

It's extremely disheartening, and makes me consider quitting.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I suppose if my guild were 12-52 I'd be more concerned ;)

Did I mention I'm in a guild that is 52-12? Just putting that out there. Totally in context of your thread and not for any other reason.
  • BeralCator
    790 posts Member
    I mean it's impossible to know, and I don't think there's any meaningful way that the devs could tell. Who knows how many people were inadvertently cheating (or self-sabotaging) by changing mods during GA/TW? Simply looking at game logs doesn't determine intent or whether the changes resulted in meaningful differences. I personally only had one instance of each event where I lost by such a slim margin that I'd question the legitimacy of the outcome.

That said, I think the current GA and TWs in-process should probably be scrapped with first place rewards given to everyone, as the exploit has blow up on the forums/YouTube/Reddit. Continuing to run the events while aware of such a massive exploit is irresponsible and frankly pretty insulting to the customer base.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Did I mention I'm in a guild that is 52-12? Just putting that out there. Totally in context of your thread and not for any other reason.

I have 24 TW wins. How many losses were because the other side was changing mods? Heck if I know.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

I have 24 TW wins. How many losses were because the other side was changing mods? Heck if I know.

All I know is if you were in my guild you'd have 12. ;)
  • TVF wrote: »

How many if the 52 times did u have someone who moved mods during a tw? Was it intentional or not? These are important if devs are breaking out the ban hammer u guys may not exist much longer. Even if it was just incidental the devs aren't the best with splitting hairs in data. I'd be concerned...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    ........ I'd be concerned...

xD
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited May 2019
    StarSon wrote: »
    So, apparently all the threads are being closed as bug reports? However, in this one
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/203626/tw-and-ga-mods-can-be-switched-after-player-lock#latest
    Kyno says "they are now aware."

Well, what about when they were told in April of 2018? Or December of 208? Or a month ago, on Answers HQ? Why wait for a video to come out to fix it? And, finally, how many TW's were won or lost because people were using this?

The earliest reports of this could not be replicated, at least not that I am aware of. Several of us worked with members of the Answers HQ team to try and prove mods were not locking. I am not 100% sure when this very specific method was posted.

I'm not sure when they became aware, but as Crumb said they didnt publish it, because they didnt want it to spread while they were working on a solution.

It is impossible to know how many were effected by this, as not everyone has the same moral compass and even people that know things like this do not use them.

As per the Forum Guidelines, the discussion of cheating and how to cheat is not allowed. This post will be closed. If you wish to further this conversation, please feel free to do so in a private message with CG_SBCrumb.
This discussion has been closed.