Mod Swapping Bug for TW & GA - [MERGE]

Prev1345
Magilla262
70 posts Member
edited May 2019
Here's what CG should say:
1. We've known about this issue since before the launch of TW. As you know, we have relegated our beta-testing to the player-base and told them to post any bugs to the to Answers HQ. Here's one from March 2018 https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TW-player-lock-in-not-locking-mod-stats/m-p/6673870/highlight/true#M9968. Thanks for letting us know! Still, we decided to ignore this problem while we rolled out JKA re"tune" #1, JKA re"tune" #2 / nerf, along with a host of things that will make your experience more annoying.

2. Will we be compensating the player-base for our screw-up? Not. A. Chance. We do not consider this an exploit of the game because it doesn't result in players getting more gear without paying for it...in fact, it may result in players spending crystals to get credits so that they can swap mods back and forth. The only exploits we have found lately include C3PO making the Sith Raid too easy, JKA making Malak too easy to beat, etc. ALSO, swapping mods is, in fact, permitted in the game.

3. Yes, we will overreact now that someone has livestreamed how to do this. We will threaten the ban hammer on people who swap mods in and around lock times for TW / GA. Of course, since TW / GA locks sometimes happen on the same day but at different times, your normal swaps might appear to us to be consistent with the now prohibited mod-swapping. For you krakens out there, beware of your $20,000+ investment in this game getting erased because of a few errant mod swaps.

Replies

• SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Now that it’s known by the masses, obviously.

llpuxhqabizg.png
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Docx
    94 posts Member
    With the bug found for loading in your arena mods for your entire offense and possibly even defense while placing, how many zetas have we all lost because of it?
  • Not to mention the gear which you’ve lost for not coming first in grand arena events, the guild and store credits for 2nd in wars... that’s a very expensive mistake
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Yes CG... this matter will not be forgotten... it's being talked everywhere... so just SOLVE THIS as yours TOP PRIORITY.

The issue in here isn't mod swapping... is roster lock. GA and TW should have ROSTER LOCK... and that includes mods.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Docx wrote: »
    With the bug found for loading in your arena mods for your entire offense and possibly even defense while placing, how many zetas have we all lost because of it?

Well I mean coming in second isnt that bad. Considering, you get 1 less zeta and like 7-8 less gear pieces
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Docx wrote: »

Well I mean coming in second isnt that bad. Considering, you get 1 less zeta and like 7-8 less gear pieces

Now multiply the 1 less zeta and 7-8 gear pieces by the amount of wars and grand arenas since squad management was released... that’s quite a lot
  • Nope @Eleslalegenda This has been a known issue since TW was put into the game.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie Addressing, fixing and remedying this issue should be the highest priority in the game right now.
  • Magilla262 wrote: »
    Nope @Eleslalegenda This has been a known issue since TW was put into the game.

That’s insane. Don’t fix it in TW... then role out a new game mode with an identical problem? Yeah my trust is way down for this game now.
  • I checked my best competitor in grand arena today and thought it was stupid how his maxed out darth revan has no mods (he runs JKR in arena). Now I'm thinking I will be at a disadvantage because he might intend to use this exploit to win.
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member
    I bet those who have been exploiting this will not get banned. I think cg is stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one. I think it would be prudent for the devs to send a game wide message to all the players letting them know any further use of this exploit will result in immediate bans...
  • BeralCator
    790 posts Member
    Massena777 wrote: »
    I checked my best competitor in grand arena today and thought it was stupid how his maxed out darth revan has no mods (he runs JKR in arena). Now I'm thinking I will be at a disadvantage because he might intend to use this exploit to win.

I noticed this yesterday. My opponent had no mods on a number of his G12 zeta characters (like Carth). I thought it was just a mix-up on his part (maybe moving mods for the Padme event), but now I'm thinking he's just using the same set of mods over and over.
  • You're trying to get better.
    Is still money in the game.
    And others cheat themselves through the game.
    I do not have a single € more.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    There are user interface inconsistencies so depending how you access the characters stats you may be looking at the current state or the locked-in state. (Demonstrable with abilities as well as mods)

That is confusing in itself. It does not however explain the toon apparently having the incorrect speed in combat.
  • Community is pretty juiced about this. A game dealing in frustration keeps getting caught up in very frustrated points.

I can’t see how they can track that many ppl doing it over that long of time.
    Also no compensation will come close to if all the planets aligned and someone lost multiple times to ga and tw due to this.

I see it being like one of the modgates where people brought mods to 15 for no charge and sold them.

Atleast there is a merged thread for venting and yelling now.
  • Massena777 wrote: »
    I checked my best competitor in grand arena today and thought it was stupid how his maxed out darth revan has no mods (he runs JKR in arena). Now I'm thinking I will be at a disadvantage because he might intend to use this exploit to win.

If you play him, ceck to see if his defensive toons have mods. If so there’s a good chance.
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    I'll start with saying the bug is dissapointing to see especially if it is old.

With that said, in all fairness that linked bug report does not correctly indicate how to reproduce the issue. There is nothing in there that says using the squad presets is necessary to reproduce the issue. If they tried swapping mods then selecting their team from the left hand side they'd say 'works for me, no bug here' and move on. With the sheer number of false bug reports having one that doesn't have EXACT steps to reproduce is asking for it to be missed
  • MoBlaq wrote: »
    I bet those who have been exploiting this will not get banned. I think cg is stuck between a rock and a hard place on this one. I think it would be prudent for the devs to send a game wide message to all the players letting them know any further use of this exploit will result in immediate bans...

What they really should do is immediately cancel the current GA and TW until this is fixed and give everyone first place rewards...wait this is CG, they'll give everyone less than second place rewards as "compensation" if they did that.
  • DaBro1197
    35 posts Member
    I would very much like to see GA put on pause until they can fix this and matchmaking. Pretty sure that won't happen. To assume GA is THE competitive mode in the game is to assume each participant given equal effort and ability has a chance to win. That is not the case. CG has no idea how to make it that way.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    LOLing 2 similar topics were relegated to bug report and turned off. So exploits are allowed? Is that the message?
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »

I noticed this yesterday. My opponent had no mods on a number of his G12 zeta characters (like Carth). I thought it was just a mix-up on his part (maybe moving mods for the Padme event), but now I'm thinking he's just using the same set of mods over and over.

Could be for Padme....like a dummy, I moved mods for the event about 15 minutes before the GA lock....wasn't even paying attention to the lock time. Not missing huge amounts of mods but have at least 1 missing on like 8-9 of my best characters for this GA....dohhhhhh.
  • dalosto147
    282 posts Member
    Community is pretty juiced about this. A game dealing in frustration keeps getting caught up in very frustrated points.

I can’t see how they can track that many ppl doing it over that long of time.
    Also no compensation will come close to if all the planets aligned and someone lost multiple times to ga and tw due to this.

I see it being like one of the modgates where people brought mods to 15 for no charge and sold them.

Atleast there is a merged thread for venting and yelling now.

They cant. They cant even do the game works properly.
  • DeeOhGee
    118 posts Member
    I say as long as it is part of the game everyone should exploit it until its fixed. Its the only way we can get them to fix it...If they even can fix it.

This has been sweep under the rug for so long. And Darth Microtransaction deserves a massive thank you from this community for posting that video. So thank you! I will be subscribing to his channel.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    Really, with the GA complaint thread posting thousands of replies I think they need to move GA rework to the front burner.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Wonder how long before this gets a response. 100 replies? Who wants the over/under?
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    DeeOhGee wrote: »
    I say as long as it is part of the game everyone should exploit it until its fixed. Its the only way we can get them to fix it...If they even can fix it.

Just a heads up, a comment posted by Carrie in a Discord channel about this: e42x18173wha.png

Probably not worth risking a ban for some slightly better but still underwhelming rewards, lol.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    So the people who have been exploiting this will simply walk ( doubt they even know who did) and then they will be rewarded with compensation rewards on top of that. Long live the sneaky people! What a joke.
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    Jeric wrote: »
    Wonder how long before this gets a response. 100 replies? Who wants the over/under?

I'll take some of that action. I predict that it will be like the other GA megathread with 94 pages, the one I stopped reading at 34 pages. No replies. I'm really surprised that THIS one hasn't been moved to bug reports.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
This discussion has been closed.