Mod Swapping Bug for TW & GA - [MERGE]

Replies

• Here's the thing, this issue with mods is a BUG. It is NOT an exploit. And exploit is a piece of software used on other software in order to change or access that software. This bug, according to the TOS, should be classified as an "undocumented feature" or "design error." It's not a cheat or a macro, nor is it hacking the game. The BUG is part of the software that EVERYBODY has, so the only people who should have their panties in a wad are the devs, since they will need to finally fix this BUG.

It's a bug and using it knowingly is an exploit.
    Changing the game (RAM) with 3rd party software = hack.
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • eviloce
    35 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    DeeOhGee wrote: »
    I say as long as it is part of the game everyone should exploit it until its fixed. Its the only way we can get them to fix it...If they even can fix it.

Just a heads up, a comment posted by Carrie in a Discord channel about this: e42x18173wha.png

Probably not worth risking a ban for some slightly better but still underwhelming rewards, lol.

WHat is the link for this Discord chat? @Vos_Landeck
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Wow this is a massive bug. I loosed GA because of this and CG decided to just ignore it.

We should get compensated heavily for this as we all know that you will not ban anyone over this.

Really, this game is not going through a good patch right now. I would suggest your drop your 5 years plan and work on a 5 days plan. It will probably gives more adequate result that this broken experience you keep pushing on us.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    @CG_LucifersDaddy can we get an official word for this exploit?
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    BeralCator wrote: »
    This simplest solution from a development perspective would be to get rid of the roster lock entirely, and just let people use their best mods without restriction (assuming they have the credits to do so).

That would kill GA and TW features. It's a stupid "solution"... just like restrain mods swapping that someone said before are another, since we have several features running at same time as GA or TW.

The real solution and the one I'm expecting to see is the root cause solution.... SQUAD SELECTION have a bug and that need to be solved. If needed just disable squad selection until they solve it.
  • arbster
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    My biggest concern right now is that I need to know how to make sure every attack I make in TW and GA DOES use the mods I carefully assigned to each character before character lock to make sure they were optimal for the teams I wanted to use. I don't want to exploit this shoddy bug, but I also don't want to be punished by it because I don't understand what causes it to use the wrong mods! Some guidance please CG!
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Another day, another "will fix it in August" issue.

Quality control is clearly something that only happens in other companies.
  • BeralCator
    790 posts Member
    AceCV wrote: »
    This simplest solution from a development perspective would be to get rid of the roster lock entirely, and just let people use their best mods without restriction (assuming they have the credits to do so).

That would kill GA and TW features. It's a stupid "solution"... just like restrain mods swapping that someone said before are another, since we have several features running at same time as GA or TW.

The real solution and the one I'm expecting to see is the root cause solution.... SQUAD SELECTION have a bug and that need to be solved. If needed just disable squad selection until they solve it.

I didn't say it was a GOOD solution, I just said it was the solution that requires the least amount of developer time and resources to implement. As such, I'm fully expecting it to be their "solution".
  • AceCV wrote: »

Whew this is better than what I thought would happen... mod lock forever!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    The simplest short term fix would be to disable the squad selection button in GA & TW which sucks as it makes managing your assets in those modes so much easier but given the apparent gravity of the issue it would be appropriate.

Longer term, they need to fix the user interface inconsitencies so that you are always looking at the appropriate locked-in state when you are in TA & GW, even if the page you are looking at is a reused part of another UI flow and they need to fix the squad assembly page so that it ensures it has the appropriate copy of each character before allowing you to deploy / attack.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    I say as long as it is part of the game everyone should exploit it until its fixed. Its the only way we can get them to fix it...If they even can fix it.

Just a heads up, a comment posted by Carrie in a Discord channel about this: e42x18173wha.png

Probably not worth risking a ban for some slightly better but still underwhelming rewards, lol.

That must be the Discord Official Forum I read about in-game.

Lol, what a great response.
    The bug has been reported for months now...but we get:
    “Oh no, we just all went to lunch! Just tell everyone to totally not do it or we will ban them or something”
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Finally got around to watching the video

Good on DarthMicrotransaction for sharing m this exploit guess game changers aren’t lamechangers

Honestly those people telling him not to share this is what offends me, and I don’t see how anyone can enjoy playing a rigged / fixed game; like it’s not fun
  • I have my sqauds laid out in such a way that I have my 5vs5 squads, I have my 3vs3 squads, I always deploy my stuff like this, thats what most people do, and last Padme event I kept remodding and remodding and trying and trying, moving mods left to right to beat this event ,so if a GA was running and I deployed my stuff either I am on their radar for having deployed stuff but on the other hand, my defense was weakened cuz I took mods away from my good squads to place on my droids (which I don't use in GA), so I am being screwed both ways now. Again I say, CG might kick innocent players and it would be an absolute disgrace if people in my boat who remod for special events and raids get banned just cuz they used their squad layouts to deploy in GA. Sad state of affairs.
  • Apparently this isn’t just a mod bug... if you select your team the same way it works on gear as well... so if your character is G12 instead of G10 you play with the higher geared one too.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    Heh. Tough talk about banning...except for when they see that a bunch of those potentially being banned are also reliable spenders in-game.

Poof! Consequences will vanish like a poot in the breeze.
  • fq8esue6mppy.jpg
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    I wouldn't wait for any news from the devs today. It's not friday yet.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • dalosto147
    282 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Of course, no Word for CG.
    This "modgate" could broke the intire game.
    Thats work on TW too?
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    eviloce wrote: »

WHat is the link for this Discord chat? @Vos_Landeck

I don't know because it was a repost of the image from another Discord server....not sure which Discord channel they got it from.....not any Discord channel that I'm a part of.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I have my sqauds laid out in such a way that I have my 5vs5 squads, I have my 3vs3 squads, I always deploy my stuff like this, thats what most people do, and last Padme event I kept remodding and remodding and trying and trying, moving mods left to right to beat this event ,so if a GA was running and I deployed my stuff either I am on their radar for having deployed stuff but on the other hand, my defense was weakened cuz I took mods away from my good squads to place on my droids (which I don't use in GA), so I am being screwed both ways now. Again I say, CG might kick innocent players and it would be an absolute disgrace if people in my boat who remod for special events and raids get banned just cuz they used their squad layouts to deploy in GA. Sad state of affairs.
    Everybody who uses the squad UI has inadvertently done this, with the vast majority not even realizing it. CG is going to have to set the bar a lot higher than that to identify actual abuse.
  • Ryanodo
    82 posts Member
    I wonder when lunch is over?
  • dalosto147 wrote: »
    Thats work on TW too?

Many are saying that yes, it does.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    Thats work on TW too?

Many are saying that yes, it does.
    My screenshots earlier in this thread are from TW, clearly showing my Enfys Nest selectable at 4* (locked-in state) and at 5* (current state), so yes it affects TW as well as GA. This is big and ugly.
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    So my current opponent in GA has no mods on his toons. Do I....

A ) report them for cheating
    B ) message and say if he attacks I’ll report
    C ) live with it and battle him
  • Bb3po wrote: »

Make screenshots frequently with timestams/date und if it's suspicious after the battle, report him.
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Bb3po
    368 posts Member
    Created a separate thread to prevent this one being derailed
  • DarthAndy
    105 posts Member
    Bb3po wrote: »

Just beat him anyway and laugh

No mods isn't cheating. As the other poster said, take screenshots and report if something sus happens
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member

Cool...so now everyone can report everyone else.

They won't do a thing about it because they will lose their big spenders and overall more would get banned than have quit the past few months.

They will quickly fix it...cute how they can fast they can fix things when they feel like it....and nothing more will be done.

That said...I hope they ban everyone that used it....just for the fun reading it would provide.
This discussion has been closed.