Plo Koon, is he the tankiest tank that doesnt tank?

It is a serious question.
He has no taunt
No stealth for others
No counter attack
He is like a really tough passer by in battles that is barely participating

Any other "tanks" that do worse?

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Some non-tanks do better....
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Oh, JKG is pretty bad. Also no taunt, weak attack. Plo at least bluffs defense and debuffs offense, and buff immunity if IRC. Jkg might land an ability block.

Funny now, but there was a time when zMaul was getting popular and I thought plo would be the anti meta with his stealth removal.
  • Hortus
    621 posts Member
    Any other "tanks" that do worse?

Did you ever look at Mace Windu?
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    excatly what i thougt about him and i also cant get the vid with him in a revan squad.

• Larx wrote: »
    excatly what i thougt about him and i also cant get the vid with him in a revan squad.

I like taking pics of droids led by Lobot in Arena
  • Mob Enforcer
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Teebo is not only a tank that doesn't taunt, he even runs away.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Mob Enforcer and Mace Windu.

Tanks don't necessarily need to taunt, they can alternatively get stronger or do things when they're not attacked (Like B2 or Jedi Rey gaining TM) or have a boatload of hp and protection and do solid damage so that you're punished for ignoring them (Like 5s).

But Mob Enforcer and Mace Windu have none of that! At least Plo Koon has all those sweet utility abilities and a boatload of hp and protection. Enforcer and Mace just have hp.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    But Mace has a ship. A big ship!

You just wait until we are allowed to call it in for squad battles.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Zeb
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Zeb

But he actually brings some tankiness to the team with Prot regen.

I wish they would tweak Jedi Guardian and Consular though. Don't have to make them awesome, just relevant. Give Guardian a pre or auto taunt to make her useful.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Zeb

I wish they would tweak Jedi Guardian and Consular though. Don't have to make them awesome, just relevant. Give Guardian a pre or auto taunt to make her useful.

Agreed. Any taunt is half way useful when you need to place 11 squads on defense in 3v3, and have offense left over. I get good mileage out of Royal Guard as simple as his kit is. Jedi knight guardian could be a downright OK toon with some kind of autotaunt, and nothing more.

Mace and Plo need overhauls though. They're awful.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Zeb

They did. Jolee & Juhani.
  • Jolee is the tankiest not tank in the whole game. I just had to clean up a jkr team in tw that had GK, jolee, and bastila left. It was easier by leaps and bounds to kill GK than Jolee.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Zeb

Agreed. Any taunt is half way useful when you need to place 11 squads on defense in 3v3, and have offense left over. I get good mileage out of Royal Guard as simple as his kit is. Jedi knight guardian could be a downright OK toon with some kind of autotaunt, and nothing more.

Mace and Plo need overhauls though. They're awful.

They have a niche’, so not completely awful (like Consular & JKG) but Mace and Plo will be getting reworks soon (in the next 2-4 weeks)
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Jolee is the tankiest not tank in the whole game. I just had to clean up a jkr team in tw that had GK, jolee, and bastila left. It was easier by leaps and bounds to kill GK than Jolee.

Jolee is quite boss