Arena fair?

Amigo
4 posts Member
edited May 2019
I’ve been playing this game for about 3-4 years now. I have 18 characters not 7* minus darth raven, darth traya, darth Malak. All the rest of the characters are 7*.

I have 29 gear 12, 44 gear 11, 19 gear 10, 21 gear 9. 2 character gear 5 (rose tiko and CUP) and the rest are gear 7 and 8.

Every character I have has maxed out ability material MK 3’s, and 51+/- a couple zetas. All characters have mods on them.

My galactic power total is 4,256,574 at the time of writing this.

Here’s the issue. I’ve been placed in grand arena with players that have 66+ gear 12 characters. There is absolutely no way I can win agains those teams. This has been an ongoing issue. I don’t want to stop playing grand arena but it’s no fun when you never win and always get wiped out. It’s like I’ve been punished for playing this game over the long run, I’m almost to the point where I’m going to join grand arena and then wait for the rewards. Playing the grand arena is tilting and ruins the fun factor of this game.

Is there anyway to improve the match making? It’s horrific.

Replies

• GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    Focus on top tier squads, and you will be in better shape. Having roster depth is not a bad thing, but having squads and not using them well, causes more issues. Also, work on gearing your fighting squads up, that will help a lot.
  • Talen
    20 posts Member
    Same boat, love being punished for having played longer. love how GA is a just a rewards program new whales...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You're not punished in any way. Nothing is taken away from you and it's the same for everyone:

The stronger your roster is (for GA), the better your strategy is and the better you execute your strategy, the higher chance you have of winning in GA.

• Amigo
    4 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I don’t think strategy applies here. If I have exactly the same g12 characters and comparable mods, then yes strategies would be in affect. But I don’t, and when their team goes 2-3 times before I can get one turn in or if I do go but they have so much health and protection that I can’t break through, then there really isn’t a strategy.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    Amigo wrote: »
    I don’t think strategy applies here. If I have exactly the same g12 characters and comparable mods, then yes strategies would be in affect. But I don’t, and when their team goes 2-3 times before I can get one turn in or if I do go but they have so much health and protection that I can’t break through, then there really isn’t a strategy.

Roster planning is as much a part of game strategy as anything else.

That said, I agree that the matchmaking often throws up completely unbeatable opponents (usually me, in my case) and that's not fun for anyone.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member

That said, I agree that the matchmaking often throws up completely unbeatable opponents (usually me, in my case) and that's not fun for anyone.

I don’t think it is fair to just point to bad roster planning. If GA was in the game since beginning than yes. But adding it after three years made it impossible for many players to fix their roasters without massive investments.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2019

There were events and metas that have come and gone before some people playing the game now, even started. Many long-time players have many characters that needed to be geared and leveled for those events age metas. Character's whose kits and abilities are now very outdated wave virtually useless.

It's not about roster management - as there is no way to unlevel, ungear or unzeta those characters. And all of that gear adds zetas is actually dead weight in more ways than one. Would you rather have a 7*, g9, JKR with 1 zeta or a 7* g9 QGJ with 1 zeta? The answer is obvious - but both count the same in GP.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Here’s the thing.
    You have gotten all of the bloat out of the way now! From here on out, every single incremental GP will be from gearing your top PVP squads, so you will very quickly close the gap and the boost will become less and less significance.