Mod Swapping Bug for TW & GA - [MERGE]

Replies

• DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    Ryanodo wrote: »
    I wonder when lunch is over?

August.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    why wasn't my comment with the link of my earlier link published?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201436/grand-arena-and-mod-lock#latest

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »
    DeeOhGee wrote: »
    I say as long as it is part of the game everyone should exploit it until its fixed. Its the only way we can get them to fix it...If they even can fix it.

Just a heads up, a comment posted by Carrie in a Discord channel about this: e42x18173wha.png

Probably not worth risking a ban for some slightly better but still underwhelming rewards, lol.

Cool...so now everyone can report everyone else.

They won't do a thing about it because they will lose their big spenders and overall more would get banned than have quit the past few months.

They will quickly fix it...cute how they can fast they can fix things when they feel like it....and nothing more will be done.

That said...I hope they ban everyone that used it....just for the fun reading it would provide.
    Newsflash: if you use the squads UI for GA/TW then you used it (along with much of the player base) even though you may have been blissfully unaware of that fact (along with most of the player base).
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    i got the information, that all posts in this thread will be checked before they go public. i only wrote a link of an earlier thread of me to explain the "other side" of this mod-lock problem.
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    Bb3po wrote: »
    Created a separate thread to prevent this one being derailed

Hope not.... but probably it will.... so as the new one you create and a few more that will come after.... then as this will not go away.... you will see some contingency measure that will not work.... and in August (not know the year) this will be solved.

Just kidding a bit but, this is a serious problem and affects gameplay and fairness. I already saw a few big issues since game launch and normally this matters bring the worst from both sides... community only seeing the bad things and overreacting... and CG making it worst trying to hide the problem while they think about it and try to find the balance between cost/benefit.

What I want is a fix on the cause of the problem (squad selection), to be able to play TW and GA properly (with roster lock at the beginning) and keep my mod swapping when I want. Dont wanna know what happen to those who use it (on porpuse or not) just want it to stop as quickly as possible (few days... not few months).
  • I have my sqauds laid out in such a way that I have my 5vs5 squads, I have my 3vs3 squads, I always deploy my stuff like this, thats what most people do, and last Padme event I kept remodding and remodding and trying and trying, moving mods left to right to beat this event ,so if a GA was running and I deployed my stuff either I am on their radar for having deployed stuff but on the other hand, my defense was weakened cuz I took mods away from my good squads to place on my droids (which I don't use in GA), so I am being screwed both ways now. Again I say, CG might kick innocent players and it would be an absolute disgrace if people in my boat who remod for special events and raids get banned just cuz they used their squad layouts to deploy in GA. Sad state of affairs.

Don't worry about it. You won't get banned for moving mods. Mods are made to be moved. Detecting such exploitation across the entire player base is a monumental task. I doubt there will be any trouble.
  • Smoten
    10 posts Member
    An extra zeta and omega for each GA and TW loss? Wowee
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Incoming client update...
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Yeah, just as I was entering TW battle. Hope I didn't lose my squad ...
  • They fix it already within hours? Shame they didn’t fix it months ago when they already knew.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    No change to the UI. A nice little tribute to Peter Mayhew though.
  • This was not the fix you are looking for.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Javin37 wrote: »
    DeeOhGee wrote: »
    I say as long as it is part of the game everyone should exploit it until its fixed. Its the only way we can get them to fix it...If they even can fix it.

Just a heads up, a comment posted by Carrie in a Discord channel about this: e42x18173wha.png

Probably not worth risking a ban for some slightly better but still underwhelming rewards, lol.

Cool...so now everyone can report everyone else.

They won't do a thing about it because they will lose their big spenders and overall more would get banned than have quit the past few months.

They will quickly fix it...cute how they can fast they can fix things when they feel like it....and nothing more will be done.

That said...I hope they ban everyone that used it....just for the fun reading it would provide.
    Newsflash: if you use the squads UI for GA/TW then you used it (along with much of the player base) even though you may have been blissfully unaware of that fact (along with most of the player base).

never used the UI for battles...only for fast moving sith raids.

Still think they should ban everyone....for fun. I'll call their bluff.

I'm encouraging my guild to use it every battle now. Like the maxing out mods for 10 credits a year and half ago....

If CG knew this and now are threatening bans....I say go for it CG. I dare them.

• Javin37
    367 posts Member

So they knew about it for awhile and did nothing...but today with many hearing about it for the first time they fix it instantly?

Isn't that a shock?

Sure looks like CG wanted some to use the exploit...I imagine the big spending guilds...but now it has to get fixed.

Another week..another mess.
  • Javin37 wrote: »

So they knew about it for awhile and did nothing...but today with many hearing about it for the first time they fix it instantly?
    Nope. Update was for the Chewbacca badge & title, and to fix the sound bug. Still no official dev comment on this. It's a huge bug that must be addressed.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    This simplest solution from a development perspective would be to get rid of the roster lock entirely, and just let people use their best mods without restriction (assuming they have the credits to do so).

they can't do this too many players would dump all their mods before the event to get in a lower bracket then put them back on in time to set defense and when attacking. When you base your opponent on GP you will always have players trying to beat the system.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    From the bug report section:

a week ago
    EA_MindTricks
    [Solution!]
    "Hi all, thanks for all the info provided. We've flagged this as a bug and currently looking into it."

So despite it being officially acknowledged as a bug 1 week ago they still decided to start GA + TW? OK
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie

I can't believe you haven't made a public response to this yet.

What are you going to do about this huge game breaking problem?
  • The only sensible solution is to suspend GA to avoid false reporting and finding a positive solution.
  • This is a response from CG to the YouTuber who brought this to everyone’s attention today. He has some fresh content with his own identity. It sounds like some bans will be forthcoming... along with a fix in the not-so-future.

olgpnh2tw660.jpeg
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    This is a response from CG to the YouTuber who brought this to everyone’s attention today. He has some fresh content with his own identity. It sounds like some bans will be forthcoming... along with a fix in the not-so-future.

olgpnh2tw660.jpeg
    No indication there whether they think it's just a mod issue or the much bigger issue it appears to be.

And as usual their official forums is the last place to get an official response. :/
  • very curious about the refund of missed rewards in the grand arena and territory wars in the last months...
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Snake2 wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie

I can't believe you haven't made a public response to this yet.

What are you going to do about this huge game breaking problem?

I guess they are still finishing up with lunch.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    i had the feeling that saurons eye was on the dedicated player, who love this game with heart and soul, and found their reports in the archive or in the grand arena underthread...
    total ignored and frustrated,
    why take care about some lonely player, when the other thousands and tenthousands don't notice the problem?
    Post edited by jedibaer71 on
  • Its also interesting that they have known about this issue but have done very little. The line "have a fix in an upcoming update" means it could really be this mythical August we all talk about. I had never heard of this before today and hope I am not in breach as a result. I play my teams and don't really move mods so much, I mean the rewards for GA are so great that its a must win for what can be achieved by 1 day at the top of arena. I guess the zeta's are good for those without ships but that is also 3 days at the top of fleet.

Nerf the characters for raids to protect the new character .... I get it
    Nerf the characters for PvP to protect the new character .... I get it
    Nerf the reworked character 1 day later for above reasons .... I get it
    Protecting the spenders so they keep spending ... I not only get it but agree with

But knowing that there is an easy way to exploit a bug to dominate the shiny new game mode (GA) that has been around since TW's were new .... I don't understand

People talk about protecting the spenders so they spend more. Then protect them and close bugs like this early. How many are going to be upset because they lost TW/GA match ups. Sure some would have known and possibly even used it, but the honest ones ....
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    This is a response from CG to the YouTuber who brought this to everyone’s attention today. He has some fresh content with his own identity. It sounds like some bans will be forthcoming... along with a fix in the not-so-future.

olgpnh2tw660.jpeg

I can't believe they've known about this for so long and haven't fixed it. The entire last year of this game has only been about pvp and meta changes, and a critical flaw has been allowed to exist that entire time, subverting tw and ga.

Pathetic
  • I enjoyed all the fanfare the change to force deploy teams for people who didn't want to play GA properly but still wanted the last place rewards had.
    Because it wouldn't be fair to those that want to play it properly to hand them a free win.
    Nice to see they were spending their time fixing non-issues like that rather than genuine bugs that adversely impacted those wanting to play the feature properly....
This discussion has been closed.