Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I don't read that as an insult, I read that as an attempt to say it's hard to understand your posts sometimes because of the grammar.

Which is what I intended. I read his post as an insult, however.

• Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    Think this is the end for me.. this just invalidated many losses and cost me tons of resources I thought I needed to make myself better, when really more and more holes come in.. first waves of bans.. and now this.. this is on you guys this time @CG_SBCrumb
  • That type of bug is waaaaaay more than just a bug, it is a fundamental flaw in the system and totally invalidates every GA and TW.

How long has it existed? Why did no one notice? What is going to be done about it?
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Really shady that the thread about this got moved and close and buried in an "archive" section of the forums:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6f4tymJu-4&feature=youtu.be

@CG_SBCrumb this exploit of moving supposedly "locked" mods in GA and TW needs to be addressed ASAP
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    That type of bug is waaaaaay more than just a bug, it is a fundamental flaw in the system and totally invalidates every GA and TW.

How long has it existed? Why did no one notice? What is going to be done about it?

and before anyone says well.. surely not everyone was using it, that is irrelevant. By the time that the masses know, it has already done the damage and how do you know when and where it started. Look at the thread it was posted about before and people down voted and hid it.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    That type of bug is waaaaaay more than just a bug, it is a fundamental flaw in the system and totally invalidates every GA and TW.

Exactly...this isn't just a "bug", it's an EXPLOIT and one of the main tenets of all video games with PVP components is that exploits which result in unfair competition should be immediately dealt with and squashed.
  • mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    @Kyno you going to move this whole thread too?

I think we all deserve an answer... you state they are aware and now working on it but we have multiple reports from people that this was reported MONTHS ago . Unacceptable imo.

CG needs to address this to the community ASAP, not bury it.
    "ooba... ooba"

• You're trying to get better.
    Is still money in the game.
    And others cheat themselves through the game.
    I do not have a single € more.
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Someone posted this on a Discord channel so hopefully we get some sort of response or announcement once they get back from lunch:
    c80sbq47b5mf.png
  • mr37hat
    79 posts Member
    was it lunch months ago when the issue was first reported? this is a **** response.
    "ooba... ooba"
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    mr37hat wrote: »
    was it lunch months ago when the issue was first reported? this is a **** response.

Oh, somebody's been "out to lunch" on this one for sure, haha.
  • p3BA
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    The right approach in these situations is of course not to acknowledge your mistakes & apologize but to BAN players that have made good use of your incompetence. Yes, you have a legal right to ban people who exploit the bug. Chant that together when the last people leave the office and turn off the lights.

When you milk the Pay-to-Win cow as hard as Capital Games does people will exploit "bugs". This game is going to die.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Lol I'm sure they will be banning the Spear Tips using these exploits HAHAHAHAHAHAH such an unbelievable statement from them
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    ...I wonder if this will get as much attention as the oft-promised fix to matchmaking that punishes ppl for leveling and gearing their weaker characters to "bloat" their GP...
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    DocDoom wrote: »
    ...I wonder if this will get as much attention as the oft-promised fix to matchmaking that punishes ppl for leveling and gearing their weaker characters to "bloat" their GP...

Who promised that?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    I couldn't tell you which dev, but months ago they expressed the intention that players would NOT be disadvantaged by powering up characters in their roster.

(First time that philosophy was raised was regarding the paper zombie, but it was subsequently reiterated more than once, including pertaining to PvP content.)
  • FolsomTony
    374 posts Member
    ... the intention that players would NOT be disadvantaged by powering up characters in their roster....

There is no disadvantage. There are pro's and con's.

Pro - It make Territory battles easier to 3* those zones, because of all the GP that is deployed.
    Con - It makes your GP higher, as you level and equip your characters. In a game mode that uses GP as a part of a matching algorithm, it will use all of your GP. Not just the 60 characters you want it to.
  • Phoenixeon
    1840 posts Member

If the result is a draw, ppl with higher GP wins.

I am 4th last time, winning 2 rounds by..doing nothing.
  • Unbelievable. This is All-Hands-on-Deck level of bad, CG. We need to know that this is the top priority until it's fixed.

Side note: PLEASE fix the music/sound bug as a second priority. It is so annoying to play the game in public places now...
  • TheDarkCrystalX
    49 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    There is something wrong with TW too. I just went in and my revan squad for attack which had my arena mods at lock where modless because I moved them yesterday to my arena squad DR team way after lock. As such my whole roster is messed up since I dont keep my lock mods as is forever and half my best squads are missing mods for TW attack. If I set correctly I get what accused of cheating? Should have said we messed up have a problem cancel events and give everyone apology rewards. My guild is getting run over by one that shouldnt in TW. Probably cheating because they are being allowed to
  • DocDoom wrote: »
    I couldn't tell you which dev, but months ago they expressed the intention that players would NOT be disadvantaged by powering up characters in their roster.

(First time that philosophy was raised was regarding the paper zombie, but it was subsequently reiterated more than once, including pertaining to PvP content.)

That would be Crumb who said it.