How would you deal with repeat TM preloaders in TW?

Nall1986
37 posts Member
edited May 2019
Besides booting members for just complete incompetence, because that’s always the easy option, what are good options to deal with guild members that constantly preload teams in TW and make it near impossible to beat teams because they can’t understand the concept of force closing the app or retreating? Me personally? I’ve thought about leaving a screenshot step by step process on how to do it in our discord server but I’m seeing if there are any better/funnier options out there.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Have you tried talking to them like a human being?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Have you tried talking to them like a human being?

Pfft. Human beings are dumb.
  • Nall1986
    37 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Yes all of the officers have had multiple chats in discord about this. So that’s why I’m wanting to go the you’re an **** route because it should be known. But I’m also willing to see what anyone else has tried out. Just in case we’re just missing something
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Well you could ask the individuals why they keep doing it after having said conversation multiple times.
  • Boofpoof
    318 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Nall1986 wrote: »
    Besides booting members for just complete incompetence, because that’s always the easy option, what are good options to deal with guild members that constantly preload teams in TW and make it near impossible to beat teams because they can’t understand the concept of force closing the app or retreating? Me personally? I’ve thought about leaving a screenshot step by step process on how to do it in our discord server but I’m seeing if there are any better/funnier options out there.

Tiered approach:

1st offense: A Discord DM to verify the TM and a conversation on how to avoid it in the future (refer to rule for running ALL battles in Airplane mode). Tone is casual and "Hey try and not do this"
    2nd offense: A Discord DM to say "Hey you screwed up again" and to find out what happened. A reminder about the rule. Tone is annoyed with undertones of "Are you brain damaged?"
    3rd offense: Publicly shamed in Discord chat with screenshot of offense. A last DM to the member saying any future offense (no matter what the circumstances are) results in a removal. Tone is no bull-kitten with no mistaking that there will be no further discussion on the matter.
    4th offense: Booted with the members carcass displayed for all to see in Discord of what happens to anyone who can't follow simple instructions.

The biggest issue I have @Nall1986 is "nailing" the offender in the first place. It's almost impossible to catch this activity unless you or another officer happened to witness the member make the attempt and then saw the results that caused the TM.

SWGOH Guild: Peace Is A Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    What’s wrong with “the easy option”?
    If you have done everything reasonable to ensure that:
    -everyone knows how turn meter loading works
    -how to avoid it
    -not to do it

Why wouldn’t you consider removal? These people are doing your guild more harm than good. And in my experience, things like this seem to be “contagious” as others will see someone doing it with no repercussions and will stop caring about it themselves.
  • Boofpoof
    318 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    What’s wrong with “the easy option”?
    If you have done everything reasonable to ensure that:
    -everyone knows how turn meter loading works
    -how to avoid it
    -not to do it

Why wouldn’t you consider removal? These people are doing your guild more harm than good. And in my experience, things like this seem to be “contagious” as others will see someone doing it with no repercussions and will stop caring about it themselves.

Yeah my tiered approach is with a much more established guild with people who have been around. Different guilds, different approaches but I'm a firm believer that sometimes you have to make an example to get your point across and the result is a stronger guild. If you're still in that "building" a good guild phase I wouldn't hesitate to kick a member into orbit who you know is pre-loading TM. First offense or not I'm sure you preach EVERY single TM "Do NOT give the enemy team TM. Do your battles in airplane mode". And if you aren't doing that already you should be.

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    An established guild should need this even less though? With experienced players who should already be well aware of turn meter loading?
  • Nall1986
    37 posts Member
    I’m in a well established guild. Close to 190 mil GP. The thing is before I joined up with them they didn’t really care about TW. But now that we’re trying to get the guild winning more it’s been a slow process of weeding out meh members and also getting others to stop making dumb mistakes. I do agree it’s hard to catch people in the act. But I also find it funny how many “phone crashes” or “my game froze and I couldn’t do anything” excuses I’ve seen since we started trimming the proverbial fat from the guild and getting players more TW focused. Thanks for the input so far
  • Boofpoof
    318 posts Member
    Nall1986 wrote: »
    I’m in a well established guild. Close to 190 mil GP. The thing is before I joined up with them they didn’t really care about TW. But now that we’re trying to get the guild winning more it’s been a slow process of weeding out meh members and also getting others to stop making dumb mistakes. I do agree it’s hard to catch people in the act. But I also find it funny how many “phone crashes” or “my game froze and I couldn’t do anything” excuses I’ve seen since we started trimming the proverbial fat from the guild and getting players more TW focused. Thanks for the input so far

LOL it's been more of "Who DID it!!!" on my end followed by crickets chirping. With HSITH in the rear view mirror since November 2018 we switched to a TB focus. TW only concerns me when we can actually compete in it. When we get the mismatches (and I'm not even going to go there) it's just two free zetas and rewards. After we get TB locked down I'm sure we'll switch to either TW or whatever new is happening in the game at that time. Cheers mate.
  • FolsomTony
    374 posts Member
    What we do in our guild is finish it off with a suitable team. Then on to the victory circle.
  • Nall1986 wrote: »

Phone crash or game freeze should not load TM. Close the app or reboot the device, SWGOH should treat that like a Forfeit: count the attempt, but reset the squad as if the attack did not happen.

It's nearly impossible to catch these clowns in the act. You have to watch EVERY battle ALL DAY long, and record which of your guys is battling which of their guys in order to figure out where the TM load occurred. Who has the time for that?