Galaxy
75 posts Member
edited June 2019
Thanks for all the help
Post edited by Galaxy on

Replies

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    You gave control of the guild to someone else, it wasn’t stolen.
    CG won’t get involved at this point, I’m sorry to say. Right or wrong, I wouldn’t count on them to resolve this.
  • While it sucks, you did voluntarily leave and left this other individual in charge. I don't really see what options support has in this situation to help you. Probably your only option is to create another guild and try to reach out to your old members and get them to jump ship.
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    I was battling cancer and had no choice but to allow someone else to be officer. I never gave up anything.
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    I never made anyone leader. I made an officer who then contacted ea while I was dealing with cancer, who then took the title and changed my guild name. Is this something that happens often in thus game?
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    Thanks for the comments, I do appreciate any feedback and advice and or tips.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    I’m sorry to hear about your medical issue.

There is a standard practice where an officer can contact support if a guild leader goes a long time without logging in. Support will transfer guild leadership to that person.

It’s intended to resolve an issue where a guild leader disappears and of course no one is able to do anything (can’t promote/demote officers, can’t remove the inactive leader, etc.)
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    So making an officer in a guild, can somehow give them permission to take the guild away from you? I just want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. As I've played this game for yrs now and this is the first time I've encountered this
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Galaxy wrote: »
    I never made anyone leader. I made an officer who then contacted ea while I was dealing with cancer, who then took the title and changed my guild name. Is this something that happens often in thus game?

I wouldn't say it happens often, but when the leader disappears they will give somebody else the role, because leaving a guild without a leader means there are a lot of things nobody can do, like promoting more people to officer to help out. I'm sorry this happened to you, but I'm not sure anything can really be done about it at this point.
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    I did not leave the guild. Just wanted to clarify it. I stayed on while my officer stayed active.
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    I was away for 37 days. Is there a policy they have about this?
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    I did not leave the guild. Just wanted to clarify it. I stayed on while my officer stayed active.

You stayed in the guild but we’re not playing/logging in, right?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    But you weren't logging in for an extended period, I assume. That's when support will step in, because there is nothing anybody in the guild can do when the leader just stops playing. You had explained your absence in advance and that it was temporary, but support had no way of knowing that. They would only have been able to see that the guild leader hadn't logged into the game for X months or whatever.
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    Correct. For technically almost 37 days.
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    So I'm basically screwed lol
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    So regardless of whatever deal you had with your officers, support is not aware of that and only sees an “abandoned” account in the guild leader spot.
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    So even though on record, I can show screenshots and other information in regards to my guild and my email address being tied to it, but because you cant contact ea about a leave of absence, your screwed if you have health issues for weeks?
  • Unfortunately, at times, things are not fair but you just need to move on. Feel free to come to our guild.
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    I find this, ... very.. disturbing
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm going to try and find a resolution, but Thank you.
    Post edited by Galaxy on
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    A few comments on this situation:
    1) I believe EA’s policy on absentee guild leaders is 30 days. If you had logged on 29 days prior, your officer wouldn’t have been able to transfer leadership.
    2) There are no “email addresses” associated with accounts. A guild is just a shell inside which players form to collaborate in the game. When a guild transfers from one leader to another, there’s no email transfer – it is all associated with the game account.
    3) If the guild wanted to change names and join an alliance, they would only have two options with an absentee guild leader: transfer leadership (which they did), or have everyone leave the guild and make a new one. The option they chose allowed them to bring you with them, which seems downright nice, given how an absent player taking up a spot in the guild actively hurts the other players in the guild.
    4) There’s nothing inherently “special” about being in the same guild for a long time. If you create a new guild today (vs the guild your husband created 3 years ago and transferred to you), you will lose out on three things: your guild history (of tix/currency earned & donations given), having to re-do T6 raids before attempting heroic, and resetting the counter on how many Heroic Rancors must be done before you can enable simming it. That’s it. So if being a guild leader is that important to you, create a new guild right now.

It certainly sounds frustrating on both sides. A guild officer trying to help his guild members, but unable to do so because of an absentee guild leader. A guild leader struggling with health issues, but wants to retain full control of the guild despite being absence from the game. You can’t both get what you want in a situation like this.

Since your officer complied with EA’s policies, it seems unlikely they will return the guild to you. If you’ve been removed from it, you’ve already lost all your statistics anyway, so rejoining that guild is the same as joining any other established guild at this point.
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    My hubby was not absent from the game. Leader was not given to anyone because I was returning. As far as the email being attached to a guild, I was told by ea on the phone that because I had opened tickets in the past as leader of the guild, that it was in their records. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.
  • VanKings22
    219 posts Member
    You abandon your teammates you dont deserve to run it again
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    Thanks for your empathy ✌
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Thanks for your empathy ✌

Empathy does go both ways. It's terrible that your health was struggling so much you felt you couldn't even log in. But did you consider how your actions would impact the players in "your" guild?

It seems like if you had set your husband up as the interim leader, since he was still playing, there wouldn't be an issue right now. Alternatively, just logging in once a week to check in with your guild and see how people were doing, as a social opportunity, would have also prevented this from occurring.

Real life and your health definitely is more important than this game. I'm glad you now feel well enough to log back in, but I recommend not getting too agitated about this. Just accept that the officer was trying to help the other (up to) 48 players in the guild.

Collaboration assumes positive intent. When you found out about the transfer, did you thank the officer for trying to help the guild in your absence, or did you immediately berate them for "stealing" the guild?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Not alot of friends in "your" guild apparantly since they'd rather get rid of you than having to deal with you comming back after a break due to health issues. Without knowing the details, i'd say you're better of without them.
    On a side note, i personally would have an issue with my leader staying on in that role if he's going to be AFK for over a month.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Galaxy
    75 posts Member
    I appreciate everyone's input and comments, truly. As of right now there may be a resolution so I will continue to work towards that. Thank you all for your time that you took to clarify things for me. Xo
  • leef wrote: »
    Not alot of friends in "your" guild apparantly since they'd rather get rid of you than having to deal with you comming back after a break due to health issues. Without knowing the details, i'd say you're better of without them.

^this

Seriously, and since they changed the name you may be able to start it again?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    VanKings22 wrote: »

Dude.

They had cancer! Does no one have a heart anymore?! I thought Davy Jones was the only one!
  • Nihion wrote: »
    VanKings22 wrote: »

Dude.

They had cancer! Does no one have a heart anymore?! I thought Davy Jones was the only one!
    I thought he just had a locker