Why do i go second in ships?

Rubberb0y
91 posts Member
So... in ship battles I’m 24k more power than the person in 1st place. We both have the same starting ships. My ackbar cap ship has more power and one more speed than my opponents. My ackbar toon has better faster mods and has maxed out gear whilst my opponents has the two gears on the right missing and is slower. My Bossk is faster and more powerful, my **** the same and the same with Biggs.....so why does my opponent go first 99% of the time? Is this game broken?

Replies

• Power is nothing.
    About the ships: the speed of the mod don't influence the ship. If the character is faster doesn't mean that the ship will be faster. Maybe he set 6 maxed mods, which make his ship faster.
    I suggest you to control ships' stats and put here with screenshots
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Rubberb0y wrote: »
    So... in ship battles I’m 24k more power than the person in 1st place. We both have the same starting ships. My ackbar cap ship has more power and one more speed than my opponents. My ackbar toon has better faster mods and has maxed out gear whilst my opponents has the two gears on the right missing and is slower. My Bossk is faster and more powerful, my **** the same and the same with Biggs.....so why does my opponent go first 99% of the time? Is this game broken?

What /\ /\ /\ said and the fleet meta is straight RNG. B/C of assists.
  • Dopedimitri
    94 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Its not RNG if you have faster speed, he's either tied for speed and then it is RNG or he's reading the wrong stats, which is what I am inclined to believe, as he already thinks having faster mods makes the ship faster.
  • Having a faster capital ship only makes your capital ship go before your opponent. There are several mechanics that grant your cap ship tm, or remove tm from the enemy cap ship as well, so if your issue is with his ackbar going before yours this could be why. If your problem is with any of your opponent’s other ships going first, however, I’m afraid you haven’t provided enough information for a diagnosis. You may want to post the rest of your lineup as well if you truly want an answer.
  • Have you got 6 star mods on your ackbar? If not get them on there.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Adding the 2 gear 12+ items “on the right” to max out Ackbar’s gear at 12+5 will add 1-2 speed for Home One. That’s your advantage over this opponent with the 3 gear 12 pieces on Ackbar.
    Your opponent’s advantage over you could be up to 3 speed for having all six 6* mods on Ackbar.
    So if you have a +2 speed advantage and your opponent has a +3 speed advantage, then your opponent is always going to go first. You can fix this by placing all 6* mods on your Ackbar (mod stats don’t matter), which will bump your Home One speed by another 3 and allow you to go first.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    On the other hand, if your opponent has a higher-starred Falcon than you, they will go first with that. Or if they have more 6* mods and/or more gear on Han & Chewie and their Falcon is 6* or 7*, then their Falcon would be faster and they would go first.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Crouching Rancor's ship speed calculator is a great tool to understand how ship stats are calculated and what you can do to increase them:
    https://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/Shipspeed

ETA: Ship GP is not particularly relevant since it's affected by ship ability levels. A maxed reinforcement ability might give your Hound's Tooth a higher GP than someone else's, but it does nothing for your ship stats. Aside from ship level and stars, only the pilot's level, gear, ability levels including zetas, mod level and mod rarity (number of dots) increase ship stats such as speed.
  • RNG. I'll play the same team and sometimes I go first sometimes them. Ships are hard to get alot of extra speed on them and one tick is super important but RNG rules the tables.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    It's not RNG unless speeds are identical.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rubberb0y wrote: »
    Is this game broken?

Yes.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Rubberb0y wrote: »
    Is this game broken?

Yes.

No.

See how easy it is?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH