Grand Arena Tie Breaker

I feel like the Tie breaker mechanic on Grand Arena doesn’t make much sense with just going with who has more galactic (infantry) power. I feel like you should have a spot for tie breakers that you put a 3 person squad into and in the event of a banner tie, the system generates an auto battle that you can watch.

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    I feel like the Tie breaker mechanic on Grand Arena doesn’t make much sense with just going with who has more galactic (infantry) power. I feel like you should have a spot for tie breakers that you put a 3 person squad into and in the event of a banner tie, the system generates an auto battle that you can watch.

Too much time tbh the next GA usually starts a day or so after the end and it wouldn't work well with people's schedule because if you get 3 tie breakers that will take 3 extra days prolonging the event. Also, of its let's say less than 24h then it will be unfair because some people cant play 24/7.
  • I feel like the Tie breaker mechanic on Grand Arena doesn’t make much sense with just going with who has more galactic (infantry) power. I feel like you should have a spot for tie breakers that you put a 3 person squad into and in the event of a banner tie, the system generates an auto battle that you can watch.

I always thought that the person with the LEAST GP should win in a tie. After all, they did the same with less!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member

I always thought that the person with the LEAST GP should win in a tie. After all, they did the same with less!
    The brackets are close enough in GP that it's basically meaningless either way. Might as well flip a virtual coin at this point. It would arguably be fairer.
  • Stud3099
    601 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    or you could place a tiebreaker squad on defense that contributes no defensive points and is only used in the event of a tie. Note that the "tiebreaker" squad couldn't be used for offense either. The player that submitted the squad with the higher GP takes the win. This might achieve the same effect of the original post but there is no battle to watch.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    I’ve always thought the person who go to that score first should win. In battles that are that close and every single point matters, going last is a huge advantage.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    If you really wanted to gauge which player was better then the player who committed less of his GP to battle (offense + defense) should be the winner.