Grand Arena Championships?

BodhiOm
22 posts Member
The most recent dev post mentions that the GA mod fix may be rolled out with Grand Arena Championships. Has this been discussed before? I love the idea of turning GA into something bigger. Does anyone have more details on this?

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It was mentioned in the Road Ahead (I think that's where it was), but there weren't really any details given.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Hopefully, never.
    Worst idea even for cg. They just can give Malaks’ owners highest reward and don’t waste other players time
  • If you lose a match, does that mean you are out of the championship and ineligible to play additional rounds? Probably not, but still a question worth asking.
  • It's like European football where you got top place you are promoted. You are the last place you get relegated
  • Will they consider the previous GA results all of which may have been exploited by cheaters to win for purposes of placing people?

If there is a championship it should start everyone at 0-0 record otherwise the devs are just rewarding all the people who have been exploiting and cheating their way to a GA win since GA has been released.

Not to say everyone who's undefeated so far was exploiting but I'm certain there's sizeable a chunk of them this bug has been circulating special chats for over 12 months now...
  • DarthAndy
    105 posts Member
    Will they consider the previous GA results all of which may have been exploited by cheaters to win for purposes of placing people?

If there is a championship it should start everyone at 0-0 record otherwise the devs are just rewarding all the people who have been exploiting and cheating their way to a GA win since GA has been released.

Not to say everyone who's undefeated so far was exploiting but I'm certain there's sizeable a chunk of them this bug has been circulating special chats for over 12 months now...

They better not start at 0-0. I've been working my **** off and have managed to win all but one of GA matchups and like many ( I suspect most ) others have never cheated. To not have that reflected would be pretty annoying.

I'll be honest too, I feel like a bit of a fool for not even knowing about the exploit if it's been around that long.

I don't know for sure what I would have done with the knowledge. It might have been tempting, but for most people, we really only became aware of it yesterday when DM posted his video.

(and no, I'm not using it this time either)
  • GRAND ARENA CHEATING
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    DarthAndy wrote: »
    Will they consider the previous GA results all of which may have been exploited by cheaters to win for purposes of placing people?

They better not start at 0-0. I've been working my **** off and have managed to win all but one of GA matchups and like many ( I suspect most ) others have never cheated. To not have that reflected would be pretty annoying.

I'll be honest too, I feel like a bit of a fool for not even knowing about the exploit if it's been around that long.

I don't know for sure what I would have done with the knowledge. It might have been tempting, but for most people, we really only became aware of it yesterday when DM posted his video.

(and no, I'm not using it this time either)

Same. Winning has been a very uphill battle most rounds, so I'd kinda hope they have my awesome win record recorded somewhere.
    Also Never knew about the exploit, and it doesn't effect me, cuz I mod each toon specifically a certain way. Not wasting credits swapping mods around every battle like a scrub. 😐
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    DaBro1197 wrote: »
    GRAND ARENA CHEATING

Are you self-reporting?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    There was some datamined stuff on this, the final product may or may not be similar or exactly like this:
    Grand Arena General info

All players start in Bronzium League each Season
    Earn League promotion based on your rank at the end of an Event
    Division I is locked in for the top 8,192 players based on GP at the start of the 1st event each Season
    End of Event Rewards are granted at the end of each Event based on your League
    End of Season Rewards are sent at the end of the Season based on your League and Division

Grand Arena League info

Bronzium -> Top 4 ranks advance to Chromium League
    Chromium -> top 4 advance to Aurodium league
    Aurodium -> Rank 1 advances to Carbonite League
    Carbonite -> Rank 1 advances to Kyber League (Division I only)
    Kyber -> Top 32 players each season in Division I
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I dont understand what they mean by :
    we will not be banning people who accidentally move mods in Grand Arena. If we detect excessive mod moving in Grand Arena, we will issue you a warning

Grand arena is always there it s almost a permanent thing. So when they say that it can actually be at any moment during the week.
    Which means we can never move our mods if we don’t want to be suspected of cheating.
    So i will not move a single mod until they produce the fix i guess
  • I dont understand what they mean by :
    we will not be banning people who accidentally move mods in Grand Arena. If we detect excessive mod moving in Grand Arena, we will issue you a warning

Grand arena is always there it s almost a permanent thing. So when they say that it can actually be at any moment during the week.
    Which means we can never move our mods if we don’t want to be suspected of cheating.

They have logs of when you do your GA attacks, so it'd be relatively easy to correlate the mod movements to the attack times. If you want to play it really safe, you can stick to moving your mods during the setup phases where shuffling mods would be of no benefit.
  • I dont understand what they mean by :

You can move mods around all you want outside of GA. They’re basically saying if you cheat lightly in GA they won’t do a thing, for now.
    SnakesOnAPlane