Unable to request gear piece?

I didn't realize that certain gear pieces were un-giftable in the guild exchange, most notably the new pieces introduced with Darth Revan. Does anyone know the reason for this? Looking for legitimate explanations, not "because it's a cash grab"

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    A bunch of gear are unrequestable such as g12+ this ain't no conspiracy dawg. After q certain rarity its only fair to make them extra exclusive
  • I didn't realize that this was a thing. I just never requested hard to get gear because it seemed like a **** move.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    I didn't realize that certain gear pieces were un-giftable in the guild exchange, most notably the new pieces introduced with Darth Revan. Does anyone know the reason for this? Looking for legitimate explanations, not "because it's a cash grab"
    Prevent people from making second accounts for farming and donating to themselves.

To maximize revenue from the new gear

Look at the bright side, no one in your guild would’ve donated it anyways
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    "Because it's a cash grab" is a legitimate explanation though.

Whether you agree with it or not, companies exist to make money. They only give us stuff because if they didn't they'd make no money.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I think there is some PIT gear that's non requestable as well - either the higher end scanners or the frisbees, can't remember which.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    Also can't request either eyeball component. In fact, I'm not sure you can request any gold gear.
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    The harder to get/more valuable gear is not gotten for the same reason there's a limit per day. Like someone already mentioned, people would take advantage of that with alternate accounts. You could create a bunch of accounts to do nothing but farm a specific piece, and grow faster than everyone else without spending a dime, which isn't fair to anyone.

Other games control this in other ways. I played a game that wouldn't allow more than one account on the same wifi connection to ever be created. Sounds fine until you realize that means you can't ever play with your family or roommates, or even co-workers in some workplaces. This way is better for sure.