No more 3v3, DR is unbalanced

Prev134
Look, your game wasn't designed or balanced around 3 man squads, stop forcing this on us. The imbalance of certain combos in 3v3 is terrible (notably DR), and it makes GA, arguably the epitome of this game, completely frustrating. Since DR came to the game I have managed to beat exactly 1 team 3v3, and had mine defeated exactly one time. If you have him, you set him on D obviously, and the only potential counter is cheese followed by CLS; a total rng dice roll hoping for some counter attacks. This isn't fun.

Replies

• Nobody is forcing you to participate on GA 3v3. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Tbh, you sound like you want to clear the GA everytime, by calling it unbalanced.

I'm around 2,8kk PG, I'm facing a guy with over 3.1kk PG, and guess what? My roster is better than his. I got a better defense and still managed to clear two of his territories plus two more squads, but since my DR team was slower than his then it's the only squad I did not take down. No big deal, since I'm still gonna win the second round.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Get over it. There will always be someone with a better roster than yours, unless you work better on your priorities. Or you can simply not participate in 3v3.

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Nobody is forcing you to participate on GA 3v3. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Tbh, you sound like you want to clear the GA everytime, by calling it unbalanced.

I'm around 2,8kk PG, I'm facing a guy with over 3.1kk PG, and guess what? My roster is better than his. I got a better defense and still managed to clear two of his territories plus two more squads, but since my DR team was slower than his then it's the only squad I did not take down. No big deal, since I'm still gonna win the second round.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Get over it. There will always be someone with a better roster than yours, unless you work better on your priorities. Or you can simply not participate in 3v3.

Faxx
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    SirCrankz wrote: »
    DR is bearable on 3vs3 with easily accebale non meta teams. Find it out...
    It's easier to open the same thread on the forum 3 times every day than to actually think.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    It's the new meta. I don't know what people expect. CG wants people to have a return on their investments, because if they don't, they stop investing.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Git Gud...
  • Just wait until the bugs get reworked.

You just wait.

Sheer domination......

On the waiting front
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Just wait until the bugs get reworked.

You just wait.

Sheer domination......

On the waiting front

Seems unlikely. The Geonosians have been in the game for several years, so lots of people will already have them 7-starred, and some will have geared them for their ships. I'd expect them to get brought up to "Solid B-team" status but I doubt they'll be allowed to replace Darth Revan.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    All know that Dr and Malak deserve the nerf bat. Many guildmates that own them say it’s stupid . All that say different just trolling . Everything should have a soft counter and we shouldn’t have to throw 3 g7s at it to burn there specials then Cls after which kills Dr and BSF usually then have to go in once again to clean up the garbage. Dr and Malak are a cancer to this game caused many to
    Quit already. 5v5 I have a Chance 3v3 you don’t . I’m addicted will plug along yearning for the day this crap ends .
  • Arhithi
    54 posts Member
    OP stated that DR is beatable by sending in a cheese team and follow it up with a CLS team. So whats the problem? He's the newest meta and should be hard to beat. I really don't understand why everyone wants things to be easy and just handed to them all the time. Work for it and you'll feel much more satisfied once you get it done.
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    I just destroyed a Darth Revan team in 3's. I mean, wow, that was sad. Yeah, I used Jedi Revan! It was a beat down.

You might be talking about Darth Revan with Malak. I have Malak too. And that is a different fight. And one that can be won also, but l my opponent didn't have Malak. So he got roasted.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Jabba wrote: »
    All know that Dr and Malak deserve the nerf bat. Many guildmates that own them say it’s stupid . All that say different just trolling . Everything should have a soft counter and we shouldn’t have to throw 3 g7s at it to burn there specials then Cls after which kills Dr and BSF usually then have to go in once again to clean up the garbage. Dr and Malak are a cancer to this game caused many to
    Quit already. 5v5 I have a Chance 3v3 you don’t . I’m addicted will plug along yearning for the day this crap ends .
    TVF wrote: »
    It's the new meta. I don't know what people expect. CG wants people to have a return on their investments, because if they don't, they stop investing.
  • Jabba wrote: »
    All know that Dr and Malak deserve the nerf bat. Many guildmates that own them say it’s stupid . All that say different just trolling .

It is no more or less stupid than any previous top meta team. This game is what it is.... continual power creep to make people spend $$$$. There is never going to be a rock/paper/scissors meta, because that doesn't make money. It's not how freemium games work. Accept it or move on.

I can't believe all the people who still haven't figured this out after 3+ years.....
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    So there's one team that requires 2 or 3 squads to take down, 1 of which is garbage. I don't like it in arena since I can't beat them, but GA (whether 5v5 or 3v3) is different. Being able to use multiple teams makes them beatable. True I lost 15 or 30 banners, but they spent their strongest team and I spent CLS and garbage (plus maybe a tier 2 cleanup team).
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Nobody is forcing you to participate on GA 3v3. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Dude... Don't play is your answer..... seriously encouraging people NOT to play on the official forums literally like the worst thing someone can do.

I set 3 level 1 toons this matchup my entire 4.3m GP roster could not clear his board...... one DR team one sith team with malak.... it really is IMBA

you can claim the whole "deal with it or dont' play" all opinions are welcome just don't say it's not unbalanced cause it is.

Either way your opinion on the situation is cool....encouraging people NOT to play a game mode especially on forums is not cool at all
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »
    Arhithi wrote: »
    OP stated that DR is beatable by sending in a cheese team and follow it up with a CLS team. So whats the problem? He's the newest meta and should be hard to beat. I really don't understand why everyone wants things to be easy and just handed to them all the time. Work for it and you'll feel much more satisfied once you get it done.

if you beat it using more teams you will lose in points

which is an autoloss these days...again they farmed it they should win.

As far as CG wanting to find out who the Best is....... time for them to start putting the best with the best instead of the best with 7 scrubs as a weekly reward for the tip of the spear...

The GA championship nonsense better resolve this matchmaking nonsense.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Dude... Don't play is your answer..... seriously encouraging people NOT to play on the official forums literally like the worst thing someone can do.

I set 3 level 1 toons this matchup my entire 4.3m GP roster could not clear his board...... one DR team one sith team with malak.... it really is IMBA

you can claim the whole "deal with it or dont' play" all opinions are welcome just don't say it's not unbalanced cause it is.

Either way your opinion on the situation is cool....encouraging people NOT to play a game mode especially on forums is not cool at all

The issue is that usually if you read between the lines with these GA whine threads the issue isn't "balance," it's "I want to win and I'm not winning and everyone else should have to accommodate me because want want want."

Is DR/Malak overpowered? Yes, absolutely.

So were the last five metas. People found ways to deal with them.

ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u2.png
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

The issue is that usually if you read between the lines with these GA whine threads the issue isn't "balance," it's "I want to win and I'm not winning and everyone else should have to accommodate me because want want want."

Hmm,

I would agree with you that the "majority" of people losing feel that way....human nature.

I would say in my case as stated NUMEROUS times. I have no problem losing at all but would simply appreciate a mathematical chance of winning. If the matchmaking cannot grant me at least a 5-10 % chance of winning using strategy and even some good RNG then it sucks.

Obviously I have no problem losing as I seem to be losing on purpose at least 2 out of 3 matches the good part is usually by the time I hit match 3 I get matched up with someone that gives a good match whether i'm favored or not.

I was kinda happy this match as I did not set a D but testing my toons against his it was obvious he was using mod trick.... (I would have lost anyway so it did not matter) was lol fighting a team with no speed bonuses with 30-40 less speed going first...... pretty easy to spot now :)
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Yep, some players haven't realized that GA is a game of Chess not Checkers. The element of surprise will always be the key, independent of how strong your roster is. The opponent could always be stronger than you and you will only find out when you get paired up.

That is why I said work better your priorities or stay out of the kitchen.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Yep, some players haven't realized that GA is a game of Chess not Checkers. The element surprise will always be the key independent how strong your roster is.

That is why I said work better your priorities ir stay out of the kitchen.

Explain how it's chess ??? No matter what I put on D he can 50+ it. No matter what he puts on D I'll be getting 23 or can't beat it.

GA is more like the Card Game War.... I start off with 23 cards ranked 2-6 and he starts off with 56 cards all Aces
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    Yes, but it shouldn't stop you from getting the full clear.

In my bracket (3.7m), full clear is usually enough to win if you place a reasonable defense. I don't win all my GA, but I do quite well - about half 3-0 and half 2-1 (I don't have DR). Usually, if I can't one-shot the opposing defense, it's because they put a lot of good stuff on D and consequently are not able to clear me. The times I lose, it's to rosters that clearly have me outmatched.

The folks who have DR and the roster to back it up have me outmatched and deserve to win (even more so if they have Malak too). My finals opponent in the previous GA had DR/Malak, and I cleared him - but he (deservedly) won because I took 5 losses. The folks who have DR but a weak roster behind it (perhaps they whaled DR) can't clear me if they put DR on defense.

In higher brackets (like 4.5m), if you can't kill a DR in 2 or 3 fights, you don't deserve to win that match.
  • Kailen
    90 posts Member

This only works in skill based games. SWGOH is not a skill based game. It's a gear and RNG based game. There is no "git gud", only "grind/spend more".
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Kailen wrote: »

This only works in skill based games. SWGOH is not a skill based game. It's a gear and RNG based game. There is no "git gud", only "grind/spend more".

You are very wrong there.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    Yes, but it shouldn't stop you from getting the full clear.

again... 4.3mGP I set no defense and could still not clear the opponent. Thats bad matchmaking.

what's the play...

Set crap go for the clear ? No cause lollllllll I still could not clear him. Set all D..... Nope he still destroys me....

back to set nothing wait for next match...that is all.

Pray new mode is better than what we have now.... 3v3 is horrible 5v5 not much better but at least with 5v5 there are ways to work things.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I just destroyed a Darth Revan team in 3's. I mean, wow, that was sad. Yeah, I used Jedi Revan! It was a beat down.

You might be talking about Darth Revan with Malak. I have Malak too. And that is a different fight. And one that can be won also, but l my opponent didn't have Malak. So he got roasted.

You have Malak, you win. Opponent had no Malak, he lose. No surprise here...
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »

You have Malak, you win. Opener have no Malak, he lose. No surprise here...

Meta....no surprise.

Things will change.