Vader v Kenobi remastered!!!! Thoughts??

Boo
4134 posts Member
This was simply fantastic!

However, my two cents of criticism was that the ROTS audio at the end was unnecessary, and Vader's final strike to Obi Wan was not needed. The original version where Obi Wan raises his sword and accepts his fate then Vader swings and ends him is classic and brilliant.Other than those two things - this reimagined duel is simply amazing!!!!

I wish George put this into his special editions, instead we got Greedo Shooting first.

https://youtu.be/to2SMng4u1k

Replies

• I saw it once and thought WOW! I've learned more about the character since I saw the movie back in the 70's, and I really liked reading about his suit and the constant pain it inflicted contributing to his rage and hatred. Well done!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I prefer this version. The end scenes on the bridge add a nice touch to remind us of Anakins torment.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0coeqJlm-8

Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • I like them both! I think the first is weighted a bit too heavy in Vader's favor; Old Ben puts up a decent fight but is made to look too much like a chump getting caught with that Force push. The second is truer to the original in style. Both are very impressive and I like them very much. They make me happy.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    If we take all the stories in order, by this point, Anakin has lost his mother, his wife, and is alone (as far as he knows) in the universe. He knows he was weak and ignored his Jedi teachings because of fear of abandonment. He has seen Obi as a Father figure, and felt betrayed as evidenced on Mustafar. So now, he wants revenge. "He's more machine now.." Only Luke and by extension Leia bring him back, and he turns on the emperor. Seduced by the Darkside, yet he still wants a family, "Join me and together we can defeat the Emperor and rule the galaxy as Father and Son...". "There is still good in him, I've sensed it.." "Tell your sister, you were right.."