Playing blind

Prev1
Since we are eliminating ways players take advantage of grand arena lets not ignore the fact that there are a large number of ppl who wait till last hour to attack elminating the guess factor on themselves and giving advantage over the player who attacked first because they had a job..

How about we play blind so both players cannot see what their oppnent has taken out?

Creates a fair clean slate for everyone no?

Replies

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    No.
  • No says the ppl who take advatage of this flaw in the design of grand arena, as one who doesnt i see no problem with this at all
  • It's not taking advantage of a flaw. Just playing by the rules of the system.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    I usually hit as soon as the round opens. I don't mind my opponent seeing what I score.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I like to see what my opponent is up to, even if i've already done my attacks. So that's gonna be a no for me dawg.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Could allow you to view after attacking, or alternatively ask a player to select an hour window of attack matching players with same hours selected
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    The last opponent who waited until the last minute to attack me left it a bit too late and lost. :D
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    It's been a while since I've seen Chirrut in a PvP mode.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    oh my lord. 11/10
    One bonus point because i didn't get it at first, lmao.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Doesn’t bother me in the slightest that some opponents wait until the last second. I like clearing their board early and putting the pressure on.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Doesn’t bother me in the slightest that some opponents wait until the last second. I like clearing their board early and putting the pressure on.

Exactly the same strategy.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Since we are eliminating ways players take advantage of grand arena lets not ignore the fact that there are a large number of ppl who wait till last hour to attack elminating the guess factor on themselves and giving advantage over the player who attacked first because they had a job..

How about we play blind so both players cannot see what their oppnent has taken out?

Creates a fair clean slate for everyone no?

It won't change anything for your fights as you attack first so why even bother? You just want to make your enemy blind to not show him if you **** somewhere and call it 'fair' because he can't work against your fails. Fair? No. And no war or battle works like this, if someone takes action the opponent will see it right after (unless you're mister sneakysneak007).
    Post edited by Kisakee on
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • It's already a "fair clean slate" each player can see opponents defenses to the same capacity, and have the same amount of time to attack. And 24 hours is also a fair and transparent length as many who play have other commitments, this time allows them to attack when they can.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm confused. Are you not always trying for the highest score possible? If you're just trying to do the bare minimum in order to get the W, then you should probably lose anyway.

Honestly, people will complain about literally anything as long as it has something to do with Grand Arena.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Honestly, people will complain about literally anything as long as it has something to do with Grand Arena.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I'm confused. Are you not always trying for the highest score possible? If you're just trying to do the bare minimum in order to get the W, then you should probably lose anyway.

For example, if both players have drevan on def in the 3v3 format, knowing the other can't get past your drevan allows you to maximize your score on the other teams without having to worry about the enemy drevan since you know for a fact that you don't have to beat him for the win, which your enemy didn't know.
    I'm not one to complain, but in certain scenarios attacking last definately has it's advantages.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    But both of you saw Darth Revan on defence when the attack phase opened. Both had the same knowledge. You didn't gain an advantage by placing yours on defence.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    But both of you saw Darth Revan on defence when the attack phase opened. Both had the same knowledge. You didn't gain an advantage by placing yours on defence.

Not necessarily, there are strategies that involve hiding your good teams in the back row and forcing them to guess what they need to save for the back. If you beat their rock solid team before they attack then they have alot more info on what might be in back.
  • I actually prefer this way. If they attack first and do a clean sweep then I can stop if I lose the first fight
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    You don't need credits I take it? Or enjoy trying to win battles with your roster even if you can't win the war?
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    ... or experimenting with different squad compositions? Nothing to lose if you are sure you will lose anyway.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

But you wouldn’t know if yours would hold or not. If I’m attacking without knowing what my opponent is doing, I would use multiple top teams to try and take out 1 character at a time and get that team down and get to the back territory. Let’s say I try that but it fails.

Now going 2nd I know I don’t have to mess with DR at all if I can be more efficient. Instead of using my top teams on DR I use them on the teams around him, and win more efficiently because of it.

Sure, I could also go with that strategy going first, but then I’m absolutely screwed if my DR doesn’t hold. Or flip side, if you go 2’s and see your DR doesn’t hold you know you have to go all out to get him down. If you are 2nd you don’t have to guess.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Good old themes, always coming back.. The discussion around the 'Waiting Game' is always the same and there are always the same conclusions:
    If you go first and wipe the board with ease you force your enemy, if he screws up only once he's done. If you go first and screw up yourself your enemy can take an advantage from it, he don't need to clear the board but just need to have more banners. In addition the one who waits can run out of time for whatever reason. That's it.
    There's nothing unfair with waiting, it's simply a strategy and can either work for or against you. It's up to you and RNGesus how it will end.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    I usually hit as soon as the round opens. I don't mind my opponent seeing what I score.

This ... full clearing your opponent within the first 30 minutes of the round usually generates a mild sensation of being run over by a train, and leaves a certain pressure to perform to a certain level.
  • Okay not an issues i have but this is scenario that comes to mind both players want to attack last but 1 cannt due to work or timezone sleeping etc. Both player have developed rhe strategy of going last to win but now one cannt .

How would that not be an unfair advantage? Again i go first all the time and have only lost 2 championships so far so not my complaint. And it works the other way around too if i rely on going first and wiping the board to force my opponent to play under pressure but i cannt due to same thing. Again would be an unfair advantage because both player arent given same opportunity to play the same way.

That why i would say selceting 1 of 4 6 hour time frames would be better and create a more even playing field.

As far as above comment war arent fought under terms thats stupid. Wars dont ban you from cheating either but the game does. Realworld doesnt apply to games because game to have rules to make the game as fair for everyone as possible.
  • Not again..

In my recent GAC round i went first and absolutely demolished my enemies defense, he was that demoralized that he not even tried to attack. Was i unfair? Or was he, because he went (actually not) second? That's just nonsense!
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Darn, was going to make this joke until I discovered I already did.

In May.
  • Okay not an issues i have but this is scenario that comes to mind both players want to attack last but 1 cannt due to work or timezone sleeping etc. Both player have developed rhe strategy of going last to win but now one cannt .

How would that not be an unfair advantage? Again i go first all the time and have only lost 2 championships so far so not my complaint. And it works the other way around too if i rely on going first and wiping the board to force my opponent to play under pressure but i cannt due to same thing. Again would be an unfair advantage because both player arent given same opportunity to play the same way.

That why i would say selceting 1 of 4 6 hour time frames would be better and create a more even playing field.

As far as above comment war arent fought under terms thats stupid. Wars dont ban you from cheating either but the game does. Realworld doesnt apply to games because game to have rules to make the game as fair for everyone as possible.

Because of the 24 hour period its 100% fair. Some timezones might be less ideal but if its that important for someone, they can set an alarm to do their attack. Again not ideal but they definitely have a choice.
  • Jarvind wrote: »

I was just about to complain about this same pettiness, until I read this post. A good point, this is.