What to do with Cantina Energy - A Case Study

So I finally reached the end of the farmable characters in the cantina and was faced with a decision about what to do with the energy that accumulates.

First some data. Provided you keep depleting it, you get 5 cantina energy per hour (1 point every 12 minutes), as well as 45 bonus energy once per day.

Option 1) Farm shards for the shard store.
At a rate of 165 energy per day, I can do 16.5 pulls of Node 3-F. With a .33 chance of getting a KRU shard and a TIE Silencer shard, I will get 5.445 shards of each, and by extension ~185 extra shard shop currency per day. With this I can get 6 pieces of Stun Gun/Cuff/Carbanti salvage.

Option 2) Hoard the energy.
Do 3 pulls on node 1-A for 24 energy to complete daily activities. Bank the additional 21 bonus energy (as the regular amount will stop accruing). Using this method, I could potentially bank at least 1300 cantina energy by the time another marquee character shows up, unless Ebon Hawk unexpectedly gets sent there. This would give me roughly a 27-54 shard head start, maybe more depending on when the next character shows up and on what energy node they are placed. (Also get 1 Geo Soldier shard daily for 15 shard shop currency).

Option 3) Farm Omegas
Do ~10 pulls per day on any of the last board of nodes. Anecdotally I've heard the drop rate for Omegas is about 10%, so roughly 1 extra Omega per day. (Also get 3 character shards for 45 shard shop currency)

I'm leaning towards Option 1, but I'm curious to hear what others are doing.

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    If you got every single character there 7* even if they're useless then shard shop with the occasional omega If you need them.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    10% on omegas sounds way high to me.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Agreed. I am about 160 shards into farming the Vets for JTR so roughly 480 attempts. So far I've only seen one Omega material drop. (Well technically two but only because it was during May 4th weekend, so double drops)
  • I realized I totally forgot about Cantina Store currency generated from all of these options.

Option 1) 280 CS currency = 66.5 shard shop currency
    Option 2) 39 CS currency = 9.25 shard shop currency
    Option 3) 280 CS currency = 66.5 shard shop currency

Seeing as cantina characters are rarely the limiting factor in panic farms, Option 1 is looking better and better.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Option 1 is the best

No point banking additional energy, if a toon goes to cantina, I'll just slow farm it

Option 3 is a fools choice, the drop rate on omegas is extremely low that its not worth the effort, and you are missing out on a lot of shard shop currency at the same time
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Keep in mind, Ebon Hawk is the only toon that is not yet farmable. So u less he drops in cantina, it’s going to be a looong time before anyone else is released there (the full cadence after a marquee event, and we have been told that we are getting some relief for at least a month).

So hoarding the energy now is a bit of a waste, you will max out long before a new toon is available.

I’m currently going with option 1 for the shard shop currency.
  • Ya, I don't recall more than an omega or 2 in that long @%$ farm for the vets. Agree not 10%.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    A lot of people in my guild are done with cantina farms too, and I'm suspecting that's the case across the board.

They are going to just retire cantina as a farmable place and make it a shard shop currency generator unless they add more stages (20 energy nodes)
  • As I think about this more, farm shards. This also gives you the recently nerfed ally currency daily. It also gives currency to buy ship currency. I don't see how stockpiling offsets the daily accrual of the other two.
    Unless you also have a hoarder house.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    If omegas are 10% drop I would farm them for sure. Everything else can be bought in a shop.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    If omegas are 10% drop I would farm them for sure. Everything else can be bought in a shop.

Sadly, I only have anecdotal evidence from a guildmate who says he gets about 1 per day. Would love insight if anyone has more data.
  • 6Delara6
    59 posts Member
    I farm node 7F because it gives a better ratio of cantina tokens, fleet currency and currency which I feel is worth the slight drop off in shard shop. I'm the only one I know doing this so I could be off here but I think it's the best option.
  • Well, my problem is solved for now with the Ebon Hawk now on the cantina node. Thanks all!
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Option 3) Farm Omegas
    Do ~10 pulls per day on any of the last board of nodes. Anecdotally I've heard the drop rate for Omegas is about 10%, so roughly 1 extra Omega per day. (Also get 3 character shards for 45 shard shop currency)
    I do option 1, but just wanted to say NO - omegas aren't at a 10% drop. It's more like 0.01% - 0.02% drop rate.
  • thedrjojo
    949 posts Member
    6Delara6 wrote: »
    I farm node 7F because it gives a better ratio of cantina tokens, fleet currency and currency which I feel is worth the slight drop off in shard shop. I'm the only one I know doing this so I could be off here but I think it's the best option.

It's like a 60% drop off in shard currency...
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    If omegas were 10% drop then omega crunch wouldn’t exist
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    If omegas were 10% drop then omega crunch wouldn’t exist
    At the same time, it's an appreciable rate. I'm far more strapped for omegas than for shard shop currency.
    Still not a he.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    ... and now you can go farm Ebon Hawk :)

(When that's done, I'ld go with option number one).