Banned Account

ThePaleKnight
1 posts Member
edited May 2019
Greetings EA,

I have recently spoken to Hitisha through EA chat and he/she has told me to post my issue here.

I am speaking on behalf of my 11 year old brother, who has been playing SWGOH using my phone since he doesnt have one.

He says he was told by a friend that there are ways to hack the game and level up quicker.

i have told him that what he did was wrong and unfair for other players, and he is sorry about this. he is very upset for being banned after playing for such a long duration of time.

he says he has never been warned, and that is the reason he has continued to use the hack/mod not realising what the consequences would be.

Is there anything that can be done to reactivate his account?

Kind Regards.

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Tell him to start over and don't cheat next time

Its a bannable offense, not a warn and ban offense

You warned him, he ignored you, should be a good lesson for him
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Me : 40+ years on earth cant figure out how to get alarm on my phone to work

11 year old kid : knows how to hack mobile phone game

Now i know how my parents felt when the atari 2600 came out.....

Edit : 11 yr olds hacking game, i finish in last every GA.... coincidinces ???

Edit 2 if you have to start over there are ways wont be too bad with knowledge you have now prob will have 1 and 1 in both arenas and unbeatable in GA in a month
  • Calagon
    80 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    *be grown adult*
    *be terrible at a mobile game*
    *hacks game, goofs on other players*
    *CG goofs on me, instabanned*
    *must get unbanned to ruin game more*
    *genius hacker brain comes up with idea*
    *pose as big brother to innocent-guilty little brother on forums*
    *beg for sympathy*
    *wait for success*
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Calagon wrote: »
    *be grown adult*
    *beg for sympathy*
    *wait for success*

Exactly what I was thinking
  • Dal_Zuba
    189 posts Member
    edited May 2019
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Calagon wrote: »
    *be grown adult*
    *beg for sympathy*
    *wait for success*

Exactly what I was thinking

Same
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Ah the "little brother" excuse, I'm sure they've never heard that one before. :D
  • Guys, with due respect im not asking anyones opinion!

I was asked by the EA representative to post my concern here, and thats what im doing.

You are all entitled to your own belief, even if it may be hurtful or incorrect.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    You posted on an Internet forum, the greatest source of unsolicited opinions known to mankind. :D

And you are not going to find much sympathy around here, either for hacking or for lame excuses.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Guys, with due respect im not asking anyones opinion!

I was asked by the EA representative to post my concern here, and thats what im doing.

You are all entitled to your own belief, even if it may be hurtful or incorrect.

yea, that's a thing they do at ea/cg customer support, it never works though.

you don't have a leg to stand on either. You need to be 13 to play this game and cheating in the way you described is obviously a bannable offence. If your story is true, i'm very happy he's upset. Hopefully you can show him it's his own actions that lead him to be banned and he'll learn from it to never do it again.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Its a bait and switch

there are no EA staff that roam these forums, you must be looking for reddit
  • Lovimgsaskia1
    370 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Customer: "my brother hacked the game and got banned, he is very sorry."
    EA employee: its Saturday and I'm bored " post in forum" watches fallout in forum, job done.

Pro tip for the future, if you dont want people to know, and get stick, then private message a moderator who would direct you who to PM.
    Post edited by Lovimgsaskia1 on
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    @ThePaleKnight Regardless of reasons, if you want to discuss a ban your best bet is probably to send a PM using the message button on these forums (top right on desktop, lefthand button on the toolbar at the bottom of the screen on mobile) to "CG_Leviathan". He handles all aspects of cheating and wields the ban-hammer.

I don't think he works weekends, and with mod swapping during GA and TW being a hot topic right now I imagine his inbox might be chaotic, but he will get back to you. Don't bombard him after your initial message though, adding to a previous message puts it back at the end of the queue.

Hope this helps, good luck.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    More pro tips:
    Don't let "little brother" play with your phone.
    Don't let the dog eat your homework.
    Don't let the boogeyman out of your closet.
    Don't use 1337 h4x.
    Don't whine and make feeble excuses when you get caught.
  • Krokovich
    292 posts Member
    How do you hack the game? Asking for a friend
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    How do you eat homework? Asking for a friend's little brother's dog. :D
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Nope, you lost your account. Next time don't try to use hacks to cheat.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Guys, with due respect im not asking anyones opinion!

You posted on a public forum. We didn't ask you to do this. If we feel like it, we'll comment. That's how public forums work.
  • Cheaters never win.
  • Unfortunately being "sorry" doesn't make the account any less hacked than it was before. They have correctly banned based on their ToS, and if just being "sorry" was enough to get your account unbanned, then everyone would be saying sorry everywhere after cheating.

Just start "your little brother" a new account and chalk this up as a loss and a lesson learned.
  • It s weird if I would ask my grand brother to post a thread on a mobile game forum about my ban because i cheated, he would never to anything. He would not care at all and not even know where to go to post, what to write exactly and he would not care at all my cheating problem
  • I wouldn't even let my brother touch my phone let alone use it.
  • GMIser
    29 posts Member
    Omg, I think it was your little brother's dog that hacked his account. Now seriously, if that's remotely true, do you think the best lesson for the kid is to get the account unbanned? Seriously? I hope you never need to educate anyone.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    How do you eat homework? Asking for a friend's little brother's dog. :D

Haha that was a really good one, made me laugh. Cheers, sir.
  • Unbanning the account would mean giving back everything gained by cheating. I don't see that happening.

Otherwise it would mean spending time (and thus money) determining what was gained by cheating and what wasn't - to benefit someone who cheated - and modifying the account accordingly. I don't see that happening either.

If the account was being used by your little brother, removing the penalty for what he did would not be a very good lesson for him at his age, TBH. Better to learn to face the consequences of his actions than get away with it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    In most cases the first ban is the warning and is not permanent. This is situational and not a hard and fast rule, only the people in charge can judge that.

His best course of action is to reach out to @CG_Leviathan and discuss this with them.
This discussion has been closed.