Whales Answer This!

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited May 2019
Do y'all really spend $100 USD to get like 100-175 character shards? Of course repeating for $1000-$10000+. And are y'all like doctors or really rich business *people* because I've always wanted to know what occupation whales have for spending so much on this game. Thanks!
Post edited by SemiGod on

Replies

• they spend more like $300 for 330 shards, and I agree with the job thing 😂
  • Lol $100 USD isn't whale status.

Not even $10,000 is whale status
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Lol $100 USD isn't whale status.

Yeah lol but still
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Whales are working as full time professional swimmers
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    I think it has more to age than profession. By your mid 30s, you probably will have a decent living space, a car, some money in the bank. At that point, why not start spending on things you enjoy?
    Enjoyment can be a fancier house for some, a fancier car, or an expensive hobby. Being a whale in swgoh isnt even a terribly expensive hobby, when comparing to motorbiking, sailing etc.

Some may just put whatever tgey can into the bank account, but personally, im not a fan of that option. Those are just numbers. Whats the point of working hard if all that it changes is just some numbers in a virtual web site.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Some may just put whatever tgey can into the bank account, but personally, im not a fan of that option. Those are just numbers. Whats the point of working hard if all that it changes is just some numbers in a virtual web site.
    You just described SWGoH. :D
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

You do make a certain point, but a signifucant difference is that you actually play with swgoh and enjoy events/reaching targets.
    Bank web sites arent built to do that.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

You do make a certain point, but a signifucant difference is that you actually play with swgoh and enjoy events/reaching targets.

In theory. But given the recent development...
  • Wow, $10,000 is a lot to spend to not be a whale... But I'll spend on a character I like or just to get a farm done if I'm close. I typically won't spend more than 1 vault a month (Malak was my exception, he looked really cool to me) but I could totally see myself spending more if I didn't think the game would get a bit boring to me.

For me, there's no reason to log in every day if everything is maxed out already, that's usually the point in which I quit playing a game. And since I haven't found a game like this that is done as well or better, I limit the amount I spend to keep interest up.

For these reasons I wouldn't consider myself a whale, but someone who spends $10k even over the course of the 3 years the game has been around I would consider a whale. I guess that is subjective tho...

SN: I've only been spending on the game about 6-8 months now...
  • (Malak was my exception, he looked really cool to me)

The ole’ spandex and cape look does it for you, eh?

KotOR was an intriguing story, but his appearance always seemed out of place for me. More comparable to an 80’s villain or something.

• Turvantus wrote: »
    (Malak was my exception, he looked really cool to me)

The ole’ spandex and cape look does it for you, eh?

KotOR was an intriguing story, but his appearance always seemed out of place for me. More comparable to an 80’s villain or something.

Lol yeah he reminded me of Trap Jaw from He-Man, I really liked that show as a kid 😅
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Lol $100 USD isn't whale status.

Can we get an exact number?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    People have different lifestyles, jobs and spend differently for thier enjoyment or on hobbies.

No one really needs to explain,justify or quantify that for someone else.
This discussion has been closed.