Minimim gear for 3PO?

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited May 2019
What's the minimum gear to unlock 3PO at 5*? I don't want to overgear my scout because I wont have 5* wicket for months and I want to at least unlock him when he returns in around 20-30 days.

Lineup: Chirpa, elder, logray, palpoo, scout

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    That's a rough squad... hopefully you have zeta on chirpa. Even then I'd say at least g10 just for unlock. I'm sure it's been done with less, but if you don't want to end up banging your head against the wall....
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    That's a rough squad... hopefully you have zeta on chirpa. Even then I'd say at least g10 just for unlock. I'm sure it's been done with less, but if you don't want to end up banging your head against the wall....

Really? Does Wicket make that much of a difference? I got all 4 of the other good ones
  • Stick
    647 posts Member
    He’s being a bit dramatic.
    Your lineup with zeta chirpa and g8-10 is what I used for unlock. My scout however was at 9 I remember that for sure.
  • BenQuadinaros
    67 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    What about zChirpa, Logray, Elder, Paploo, Teebo all g11, speed 200+? Enough for 7*?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

Really? Does Wicket make that much of a difference? I got all 4 of the other good ones

I used that squad and it was a miserable event. Got 6 star. Almost done with wicket for next go around.
  • ashbbk
    45 posts Member

Wicket has a special that calls an ally to assist and they both gain stealth, which when used with Elder, helps to keep Elder alive longer so any dead ewoks can be revived. There is a good guide for ewoks on Reddit.com
  • Shok
    73 posts Member
    What's the minimum gear to unlock 3PO at 5*? I don't want to overgear my scout because I wont have 5* wicket for months and I want to at least unlock him when he returns in around 20-30 days.

I was able to 6* the event with that exact lineup. G8 for everyone with a zeta on Chirpa.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Wicket keeps Elder alive through stealth.

The event is interesting because it's REALLY REALLY HARD--unless you have Chirpa's zeta and then it's a joke how easy it is. I tried a couple days without the zeta at a mix of g8 and g9 and just got wiped instantly every time. I finally earned the last omega to put the zeta on Chirpa on the last day (I had intended to all along, I just didn't have enough until then) and did T5 and T6 on the first try each time. It's that big of a difference.

You'll need more gear for T7, though. I had intended to continue gearing my ewoks during the downtime between events so I could finish the event on the second go around. I got distracted and only had a mix of g9 and g10 and still got stomped. You'll want at least all g10s and a zeta on Chirpa and Wicket.

Last thing to say--Ewoks are a really good team. People get too hung up on what is or is not meta. High gear, lots of zeta Ewoks are totaly disgustoids when it comes to Territory Wars and Grand Arena so don't sleep on them the way a lot of folks do. Keep gearing them and you'll find more and more uses for them going forward.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Whiteßerry
    25 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    hotjr8aujugg.png
    I unlocked 7 star without Logray or Wicket. 5 Star isn't too bad with say g8 across the board and good mods. The zeta on Chirpa lead is a must though.
    Post edited by Whiteßerry on
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Obligatory warning.

Beware minimum gear suggestions, for it is always bad advice. Consider it the baseline, and shoot higher.
    Still not a he.
  • DanTheDork17
    76 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I don’t have a zeta or wicket and I used same team for 6 star unlock. G9-G10 should be good. Though my scout was G8
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    q6pz29k6vi6v.png

That's not a rough squad. That's 1 optional toon away from ideal. He can let scout die and still be able to 6* with that squad at G10, but the wise thing to do would be to eithelr properly mod or completely defense/health/prot mod scout and just make sure you got enough crit to call the assists.

I am confident that I now have my team
    geared eland modded enough for 7* C3PO. I will be getting Wicket and Logray later. There really is no halfway on Ewok. If you want 7* C3PO you need a powerful Ewok team. If you are going to do that then the smart thing is the names minus teebo and scout. If you go my route then you might as well get wicket and Logray later, wicket for endor escalation zeta mats and 3v3 GA. For GA you can put in C3PO with 2 or 4 Ewok but then you have a useless Ewok or 3 of them. Might as well get all 7. They are very synergistic.

Chirpa scout c3po
    Teebo Paploo elder
    For my 2 GA teams of 3v3

• X3ina
    108 posts Member
    Gear 8 with zeta chirpa is enough, i even think the zeta is overkill. But you will need it anyways, so.... why not)
  • Last thing to say--Ewoks are a really good team. People get too hung up on what is or is not meta. High gear, lots of zeta Ewoks are totaly disgustoids when it comes to Territory Wars and Grand Arena so don't sleep on them the way a lot of folks do.

This.

There are good reasons to check out minimum gear levels. I still wish I had pushed more gear on Princess Leia and left Farmboy at g6/g7. He's that much of a waste, even if CLS is a completely necessary toon.

...That said, however, Ewoks are NOT a waste. I love ewoks in GA & TW. I missed 3p0 the first time because I'd never invested in ewoks, but I had a 3-zeta squad the second time, with 1-2 at g10 and the rest g11. Total overkill. But did I regret it? Nope. I've geared them up further and when I get a chance Paploo is still in my worthy-of-zeta category (just not in the zeta-priority category).

Gear them. Love them. They'll do right by you.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Last thing to say--Ewoks are a really good team. People get too hung up on what is or is not meta. High gear, lots of zeta Ewoks are totaly disgustoids when it comes to Territory Wars and Grand Arena so don't sleep on them the way a lot of folks do.

This.

There are good reasons to check out minimum gear levels. I still wish I had pushed more gear on Princess Leia and left Farmboy at g6/g7. He's that much of a waste, even if CLS is a completely necessary toon.

...That said, however, Ewoks are NOT a waste. I love ewoks in GA & TW. I missed 3p0 the first time because I'd never invested in ewoks, but I had a 3-zeta squad the second time, with 1-2 at g10 and the rest g11. Total overkill. But did I regret it? Nope. I've geared them up further and when I get a chance Paploo is still in my worthy-of-zeta category (just not in the zeta-priority category).

Gear them. Love them. They'll do right by you.

Tbh FB Luke was essential for that one annoying stormtrooper phase where it was just him and han but when leia hits her shots she is deadly!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I like the re-worked Leia. She's a valuable piece of my Ackbar team for Territory Wars--for a long, long time she was bad because the AI didn't know how to use her stealth and would let it expire before re-applying. But now that she gets 100% TM if already stealthed, the AI will use it every opportunity.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Teebo lead, elder, zpaploo, chirpa, zwichet. All totally worth it
  • Ya'll are sleeping on teebo, wicket and paploo combo
  • What about zChirpa, Logray, Elder, Paploo, Teebo all g11, speed 200+? Enough for 7*?

Your DPS will take a hit without Wicket or Scout but if you can keep Chewy dazed then you should be okay with a little RNG
  • off topic, but I've lost interest in C3P0 now that my CLS team is worthless against the Revans :(
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    he’s good for the sith & AAT raids as well as arena
  • SemiGod wrote: »

This worked for me, same squad as yours.
    jED7XQP.png
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ya'll are sleeping on teebo, wicket and paploo combo

The more people sleep on Teebo, the better. Yuck.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Scottacus wrote: »
    off topic, but I've lost interest in C3P0 now that my CLS team is worthless against the Revans :(
    No, it isn't.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ya'll are sleeping on teebo, wicket and paploo combo

The more people sleep on Teebo, the better. Yuck.
    I agree. The only thing Teebo was really good for was for the Rancor raid, before a million other teams came out that could do it better.

• Scottacus wrote: »
    off topic, but I've lost interest in C3P0 now that my CLS team is worthless against the Revans :(
    Rebel quartet is still super legit, my man!

• willennium wrote: »
    Scottacus wrote: »
    Rebel quartet is still super legit, my man!

I just got all 5 legends 6 weeks ago, and I really really enjoy the team. My favorite part is the nostalgia that kicks in when C3PO translates a toon and you see Han, Luke, and Chewie attack at once.