Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

• Jawkin
    6 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    @CG_SBCrumb perhaps this is not the proper place for this but honestly; how do you have a legendary event at the same time as an arena and tell people don't move mods because you messed up the charcter lock and it will also effect the Grand Arena. Oh btw we will fix it later this month maybe and in the meantime this might cause your account to get banned...
    Post edited by Jawkin on
  • “If we detect excessive mod moving in Grand Arena, we will issue you a warning and continual abuse of this exploit will result in a game ban.”

@CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie We will very likely be starting a heroic sith soon (not a high level guild) and I will be moving around a lot of mods for it. But GA is still running. So I am in danger of getting banned because I want to make sure my guild beats the raid? This is very serious for my guild and I need to be sure that there will be no consequences for me as we won't be able to beat the raid if I don't move my mods for the phases. Could you please reply if possible?
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Let's leave it out with commenting on peoples spelling or grammar, remember English is not going to be everyone's first language here, that works vice versa also. No arguing over something like that as it's off topic please.
  • So it considered an exploit to swap mods now? if someone realized GA or TW is using live rosters and they swap mods to win good for them. Threatening them with a warning ban is ludicrous if that's a real thing the devs actually said.
  • AceCV
    989 posts Member
    This is just a contingency measure... and a bad one.

1st - the issue is not only in GA. Also happens in TW....and will happen (until they fix the root cause) in all features with roster lock.

2nd - this is not a mod glitch only. This can happen with gear, level, everything that is supposed to be locked at the beginning of those features.

3rd - Ofc nobody believes that an action will be taken unless that is soooooo obvious and repeated that the bells ring on the alarmistic system (if they have one... dont know).

4th and last - if they want to stop this and they really wanna solve it, they need to take 2 steps - a) disable the squad selection until the problem is solved (this is the root cause, the backdoor to this mess) ; b) put some serious resources solving this problem since squad selection is a good option and should be available.... working properly and not as a work arround for roster lock.

I don't like to call people but in this case I believe they need to be called - @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie
  • AceCV
    989 posts Member
    Have they??? Don't know... my experience shows that the 1st attempt to solve this big issue only made them worst cause they don't see all the impact.

Btw...if YOU read it... you will see that they only talk about GA... and they only talk about mods. The problem goes way beyond that.
  • kieltrx
    129 posts Member
    Best thing is:
    I reported this bug over a YEAR ago, but it was unfavorable for the player as the locked mods stats were absent in offense if in real time the character was stripped of mods so nobody cared, zero response from devs:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TW-player-lock-in-not-locking-mod-stats/m-p/6673870

But only now that some1 found a way to expoilt this bug in GA and TW it is finally adressed by devs because it's in player's favor.. no further comment..
    yvbdc9kdoiik.jpg
  • kieltrx wrote: »
    Best thing is:
    I reported this bug over a YEAR ago, but it was unfavorable for the player as the locked mods stats were absent in offense if in real time the character was stripped of mods so nobody cared, zero response from devs:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TW-player-lock-in-not-locking-mod-stats/m-p/6673870

But only now that some1 found a way to expoilt this bug in GA and TW it is finally adressed by devs because it's in player's favor.. no further comment..
    yvbdc9kdoiik.jpg

Yeah it definitely wasn't a secret that mod lock didn't work correctly. It was a known issue for many of us who had experienced it many times since TW started, and had been reported multiple times here, on reddit, and on answersHQ. I think the exact method to reproduce the issue just wasn't widely known (and those that did know it evidently kept it close to the vest to use to their own advantage).
  • BeralCator
    790 posts Member
    I'm pretty disappointed with the response. It basically boiled down to "We knew there was an issue, but didn't think it was important enough to fix immediately, and as long as most people aren't aware of the problem we won't fix it for another month or so. Please don't cheat. K thanx bye."

Asking users to report potential cheating is also pretty insulting - assuming my opponent isn't a **** and leaves mods off entirely, there's no practical way for me to know if they're cheating or not. I have no idea what teams were used on offense against my defensive squads, ergo there is no way to check the mods to see if a victory was likely or unlikely. The only people who have data that would be able to discern a pattern of cheating is the developers themselves, and clearly they don't care if people cheat as long as the money keeps rolling in.

This is just part of a pattern of growing incompetence that makes me wonder about the future of the game; I don't think one thing has worked as intended out of the gate in months. Looks at this list of gems from the last two months alone:

1) New Padme Legendary start time causing connection issues and server crashes.
    2) Numerous people didn't get Padme shards and their only recourse is to deal with infuriating EA customer support.
    3) Sith Assassin gear refund didn't work for any G12 pieces (and is still unresolved), and there was no refund of character or related ship omegas either.
    4) TW bonuses have bad/incorrect copy and don't work properly (droids blow up on damage, but don't deal any damage).
    5) Irritating audio bug (thankfully resolved!)
    6) Dramatic increase in game crashes during battle (see reports in the Bug area). I've had them both in arena and TW, costing me teams and attempts. Seems to be a recent development in the last few weeks.
    7) Untested/poorly tested Darth Malak and Jedi Knight Anakin kits that necessitated immediate reworks.
    8) Errors in new TB platoons.
    9) And finally, a long unaddressed exploit in GA/TW that allows for cheating in two of the most popular game modes.

If I made this many mistakes at work in a short period of time I'd be fired with cause. I'm a guild leader and I've encouraged my guildmates to be very wary of spending any money on this game. This level of sloppiness and apathy towards customer experience is really not acceptable for the amount of money the developers think customers should be spending.

I have no idea as to what has caused so many problems recently (reduced staff? developer burnout? unreasonable expectations from corporate?), but from my limited vantage point I see a product nearing the end of its life cycle. There's been a drastic reduction in new content over the past 6 months (~2 characters/ships per month and pretty much no new game modes or PvE content), and recent releases seems focused on wringing every last cent out of the game's biggest spenders.

For a mobile game, 3+ years is a pretty good run, but I think expecting any sort of 5 year plan to materialize is woefully naive. Anyone plunking down serious cash with that expectation is a chump IMHO.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Out of every. single. GA. Battle. Ever. Since. Its. Release.

I have seen it give me a good fight three times. THREE times.

Every single other time its been a walk in the park expect twice, once awhile ago and now this current fight, which has me and my 19 zeta's and a bunch of G12 at 2.6million GP against a guy with 46 zeta's and triple my G12. Triple.

46 zeta's is more zeta's then I see on people who are a million GP higher then me.

Why does swgoh have the worst matchmaking i have ever seen in any game ever?

Why do the devs think GP actually matters? Why are we based on GP? I loved the three matches that actually put me up against people around my actual level, it was actually close by like <10 banners. we had great fights and it actually required skill to win.

Why is the matchmaking so bad?

Why is the matchmaking staying this bad?
  • TAZZZOOO
    245 posts Member
    Just here to say how badly I get mismatched every game with no hope at winning. I completely hate this game mode but can you blame me? I've not placed 8th 1 time since this trash mode was released.
    I've been playing for 3 years now so clearly theres something wrong/broken/poorly made about this completely boring mode.
    Why is it a waste of time/punishment for me while much much weaker friends and guild mates are managing to overtake me?
  • TAZZZOOO
    245 posts Member
    I'll probably get banned for saying I'm on the verge of quitting. The way things are being handled at the moment with issues like the current mod exploits are appalling. No players for any game should have to put up with this.
  • TAZZZOOO wrote: »
    I'll probably get banned for saying I'm on the verge of quitting. The way things are being handled at the moment with issues like the current mod exploits are appalling. No players for any game should have to put up with this.

This is status quo. We hopped for raids back in 2016 when devs launched Rancor raid. I did like 500 raids in a month and never was punished.

Eventually they added a 24 hour limiter so you couldn't join and hit raid right away. we still hopped cuz u could do 3 raids in 24 hours so we did 21 a week instead if unlimited.

Eventually after about a year and a half of abuse they fixed it. those who didn't abuse the unlimited raids were so far behind no amount of a ban could ever make it even.

My point is there have always been ways to advance beyond means and there is no reason to quit or get mad that people do so it's a part of the game, every game for that matter.

This is a strategy game so develop a strategy for how u address known bugs:
    If I do this I benefit x amount.
    If I get caught penalty is y.

If the benefit from x outweighs the penalty of y then that's what *most* competitive players will do.
  • The whole idea of GP tiers is flawed. So, someone who puts very little effort into thier roster, except a few teams, gets matched with some low GP enemies, and can win consistently. I, with 4.5 million GP, have every character, and get natched against GA focused squads (only select teams developed), and cen NEVER win. I mean never. It is skill or strategy, just an arbitrary decision on how to tier competition that punishes those who have broad rosters. I cant "de roster" so ai am forever punished.

I could wipe the floor with 99.9% of the player base, yet I can never win GA. Makes no sense.

Now, on top of this, known exploits left unfixed, in a strong get stronger game format. Others have said it, in any other context you'd be fired or in serious legal trouble. Just unbelievable.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »

This is status quo. We hopped for raids back in 2016 when devs launched Rancor raid. I did like 500 raids in a month and never was punished.

Eventually they added a 24 hour limiter so you couldn't join and hit raid right away. we still hopped cuz u could do 3 raids in 24 hours so we did 21 a week instead if unlimited.

Eventually after about a year and a half of abuse they fixed it. those who didn't abuse the unlimited raids were so far behind no amount of a ban could ever make it even.

My point is there have always been ways to advance beyond means and there is no reason to quit or get mad that people do so it's a part of the game, every game for that matter.

If the benefit from x outweighs the penalty of y then that's what *most* competitive players will do.

What.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I would be really happy if this game would stop crashing
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Oh look another OP DR Malak guy I can't beat..... lookie another set 3 level 1's another loss see you in 2 days for the collect......

GA SUCKS
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    TAZZZOOO wrote: »

What.

He is saying cheat they won't do anything about it... is he right ?
  • Dreizy
    8 posts Member
    Finals of grand arena today I use my best attacking squad and will definitely clear this territory and one minute in both squads lock up and the clock ticks off then I use my second best team to beat that team and then I’m one team down I don’t get the first win bonus and this guy wins by 20 I obviously would have taken the territory and go onto the back but I had to change the way I was doing things and even with that I didn’t tie because I lost the first win bonus is there someone that can help me here I am losing some good rewards
  • Dreizy
    8 posts Member
    6rqnhplwblc4.png
  • Dreizy
    8 posts Member
    mswtgis6srs9.png
  • Dreizy
    8 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    That’s a fully zeta’d max mod Sith squad g12 g12 g11 they win that battle v those Jedi 10/10 times
  • Xenno
    8 posts Member
    Since this is all about the the Grand Arena.
    I would like to enter my suggestion.
    I would like to be able to view the Grand Arena battles that are against my teams.
    Currenty all the information that you are given is that your team took so many tries to beat. You do not know what team your opponent played.
    If we had this ability...
    It would help us improve by seeing where we are weak.
    Open up new strategies
    Renew intrest in old charecters that are being used to surprise and overwhelm our teams.
    And allow us to mock and ridicule our opponents for cheap victories or horrible loses (i only throw that in because it will happen).
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    lol another no ships.... and to top if off the worst map I have seen yet

yuck fest.... I don't even think they care up there anymore

EDIT : I dont' actually care that it sucks cause...yup revan/malak..... so 5 lvl 1 toons..... and see you in 48 hrs

EDIT 2.... oh wow She Ra season 2 just dropped...... way way better time spent over 48 hrs then playing lame map and revan malak immortal team.... on a map where you know exactly where they are going
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    So I've read there is some GA championship coming soon? Is that likely to have any changes to how the GP is calculated? ie will there be a min character GP defined like in TW?
    I have some toons I'd like to start working on, but as I can't get them fully levelled, skilled and geared up, they will just be a GA handicap for a long time.
    I've read lots of suggestions on here (and complaints!!), just very little official response/updates.
    Has anything official been said that I missed?
  • TRanger
    329 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Unbalanced unfair match making in GA...I have been harping on this since December last year. So Let me break this down this round of GA match ups...so there is a better understanding of what I have been saying...

This GA we need 7 squads of 5 toons roughly 35 toons for defense alone. Double that for same minimum of toons needed for attack phase so 70 toons minimum needed.

Me and my opponent have 2.65m toon GP

I have 41 Zetas, of which 29 toons carry all those zetas, 53 of my toons are g12.

My opponent: 55 zetas, of which 44 toons carry all his zatas...68 of which are g12.

So from the open gate he carries +15 g12 toons/+14 zetas/ of which+15 carry those zetas. Plus he has +2 meta toons unowned by myself (who do hold some of his zetas.) He can literally place a g12 toon in every slot on all defense squads and use a g12 toon on every slot in every squad on attack minus 2. And even then he still has +15 toon zeta.

Percentage wise he/she has roughly 22% more g12 toons and 25% more zetas!
    So other then sharing the same GP...how is this a fair and balanced match. I haven't even looked at all 6* mods yet. And does it even matter if he is able to move his mods!

My suggestion all along has been match GP by (g12 , zeta count , and only top toons most likely to be used in this case 70)

How is this current match fair! But yet you still expect me to out play him. How is my very broad roster going to win this match? Well if he don't set defense or he don't attack and I can take out one of his squads..then yeah I guess I could win. Other then that...the odds are greatly stacked in his/her favor. Again I'm penalized for carrying broad GP weight. Which is useless when used in this match up but yet must be matched with as it makes up my total GP.

I haven't even scouted out my other 6 possible opponents yet. But GA history proves it will likely not matter. I still haven't even beat my first GA matchups but keep get pushed and launched forward with every zetas added. Constantly at a disadvantage. Where are all my opponents disadvantages at?
    Post edited by TRanger on
  • Wimma
    152 posts Member
    Just for interest, this round for my GA (~1.55M character GP, 5 squads on map) first up:

Opponent: 30 G12, 31 zeta with maxed JTR
    and for me: 12 G12, 21 zeta with G11 JTR. Doh!
    I also have a 5*/G9 3PO, 6*/G9 chewie, and G10 JRK, and obviously more lower gear.

Guess those 3 premium toons are worth a lot in the match making.
    I don't find much under G11 is too relevant normally, unless mixed with a strong team.

As our GP is within a few hundred, I can say they match GP up really well at least, lol.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    This was hilarious. I doubt my win depends on this match, I wanted to wear down his suboptimal DR team over multiple matches. Didn't even check his mods on the team, my NS has good ones (not the best). Ns just kept coming back while about to get a wipeout, they are scary stuff.

d4xd3gnw6906.png
    2ncfb36u73fr.png