GA rewards are terrible for 6 days of playing

Prev134
Every GA should give 1x Full carbanti,
1xFull stun Gun, 1x Full Cuff, 1xFull Gold Ball(lol), 1xFull syringe. Those are for all players who participate and then whatever rewards we currently have scaling for position.

It comes down to less than 40 of each piece a year and I think it's absolutely reasonable and I see no point why it should be any different.

Replies

• Of course, you don’t, for the few minutes per phase it takes., It’s a decent recompense. Your idea is way to grandiose to even be plausible lol.
  • plindboe
    281 posts Member
    The current rewards are fairly decent I think. There's about 2 hours of planning and gameplay per event, which isn't much considering that it's spread out over an entire week.

If they were to throw around gear like it's confetti, as you suggest, everyone's rosters would explode with gear 12 characters. Not only would CG lose a lot of money as there would be less incentive to buy gear with crystals, but the programmers would have to address the problem by quickly introducing additional gear levels and tons of new characters. Essentially they'd have to put in more work for less money.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Of course, you don’t, for the few minutes per phase it takes., It’s a decent recompense. Your idea is way to grandiose to even be plausible lol.

Few minutes??

Agree with op’s title
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I actually like GA rewards and think they are fair
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I actually like GA rewards and think they are fair

I think it’s lacking, could be better for the time spent on it.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    I dont mind when there are zetas involved. From 0 to 3 seems decent, but the same number for omegas i believe it is too low.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    And by "6 days of playing", you mean that 5 minutes to set def (unless you use what you set previously) or an hour at most for attacks distributed through the day however you wish?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    And by "6 days of playing", you mean that 5 minutes to set def (unless you use what you set previously) or an hour at most for attacks distributed through the day however you wish?

It's way more than that, scouting the opponent's rosters to find their strength and weakness and planning accordingly. If you have such great confidence in your roster and you always set the same exact defense and it doesn't affect your results at all then good for you.

It's way more than that, scouting the opponent's rosters to find their strength and weakness and planning accordingly. If you have such great confidence in your roster and you always set the same exact defense and it doesn't affect your results at all then good for you.

It’s more than his suggested 5 minutes, but it’s definitely less than your suggested 6 days.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Nauros wrote: »

A quick glance is usually enough for me. Do they have DR? If not, my DR goes on def. The same for JKR and Mil F. Anything more is a waste of time for me, though I might start taking it more seriously with the championships. That depends on the rewards, I guess.
    And even if you do study their roster thoroughly, just increase the 5 minutes to 15 or 20, again distributed through the day however is convenient for you. Still not a terrible time investment.
    Oh, and concerning my results - that's decided by the matchmaking more often than anything else. Close matchups are few and far between, and ones where I could have done better with better planning even more so.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    I'm hoping that when they bring the ga championships that the rewards scale up. At the moment I average being attacked in one out of three ga battles because my opponents don't try because they are out matched.

If you group 6 ga into a championship even if its the same playtime the rewards should be much higher for the people who win all the ga in the championship.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    I'm hoping that when they bring the ga championships that the rewards scale up. At the moment I average being attacked in one out of three ga battles because my opponents don't try because they are out matched.

If you group 6 ga into a championship even if its the same playtime the rewards should be much higher for the people who win all the ga in the championship.

What would be the point of championships if the rewards didn't scale up?

It’s more than his suggested 5 minutes, but it’s definitely less than your suggested 6 days.

The fact is the event lasts 6 days total. I'd argue that I spend way more time in GA than TB where I'm basically autoing all the battles and I barely have to press any buttons and yet the rewards are far better
  • I think the gear pieces I mentioned are ridiculously slow to get, too slow I'd argue, and even with 1 of each every 7-8 days it would barely make the grind go away.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    don't you mean 7 days? Signing in is a real time sink.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I agree rewards are quite bad, but OP's suggestion is too much. There has to be a middle ground.
  • How about a free vault a week to go with that?
  • I agree rewards are quite bad, but OP's suggestion is too much. There has to be a middle ground.

ohh explain how it's too much? Want to open up a list of every character who requires a stun gun or a carbanti? Even with 40 of each it's not enough to get 1/4 of them
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    He wasn’t too far off by saying 6 days! What is it 4 days or something? I don’t even participate in them anymore, worse mode in the game by far

It’s 3 defense days and 3 offense days. But if you only need to spend 20 minutes on each of those days then it’s pretty disingenuous to declare you’re spending 6 days on it. And the OP’s reward request is beyond absurd.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    I agree rewards are quite bad, but OP's suggestion is too much. There has to be a middle ground.

ohh explain how it's too much? Want to open up a list of every character who requires a stun gun or a carbanti? Even with 40 of each it's not enough to get 1/4 of them

Then manage your resources and accept you can't get everything you want or need all at once. With the rewards you are suggesting, expect cheaters and hackers galore...lower rewards may actually discourage cheaters aside from the mod exploit.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    The gear rewards are downright stingy.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    You get 2,495 crystals worth of materials + 3 zeta pieces. You can’t buy those with crystals, but if we convert it into the value of fleet arena store tokens it’s worth 6,000 crystals. So that’s basically 8,500 crystals worth of rewards for winning, or more value than you get from a $50 crate of crystals (US currency). The rewards are fine.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member

A quick glance is usually enough for me. Do they have DR? If not, my DR goes on def. The same for JKR and Mil F. Anything more is a waste of time for me, though I might start taking it more seriously with the championships. That depends on the rewards, I guess.
    And even if you do study their roster thoroughly, just increase the 5 minutes to 15 or 20, again distributed through the day however is convenient for you. Still not a terrible time investment.
    Oh, and concerning my results - that's decided by the matchmaking more often than anything else. Close matchups are few and far between, and ones where I could have done better with better planning even more so.

So putting effort into preparing is of no value, yet you blame matchmaking for your losses?
    Interesting...
  • hotdeaths
    152 posts Member
    i would have 3 zetas for 1st scaling down to 1 for last every GA alongside gear. Double the gear rewards so first gets a full piece.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    You get 2,495 crystals worth of materials + 3 zeta pieces. You can’t buy those with crystals, but if we convert it into the value of fleet arena store tokens it’s worth 6,000 crystals. So that’s basically 8,500 crystals worth of rewards for winning, or more value than you get from a $50 crate of crystals (US currency). The rewards are fine.
    Well if we're putting it that way, $3 worth of eyeballs doesn't even begin to put a dent in my $150+ backlog and don't even get me started on my $750+ Carbanti backlog! :p
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

So putting effort into preparing is of no value, yet you blame matchmaking for your losses?
    Interesting...

Yes, because it's often absolutely clear who is going to win, assuming both put up reasonable defense and don't skip attack. Don't act like you haven't seen it yourself.
    Proper preparation comes into question in close matchups, which are pretty rare and the difference in rewards isn't that great anyway.
  • The rewards are fine, though i with the omega count was higher, especially on the non-zeta events.

In either case, cant people just enjoy playing?
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

Interesting...

Yes, because it's often absolutely clear who is going to win, assuming both put up reasonable defense and don't skip attack. Don't act like you haven't seen it yourself.
    Proper preparation comes into question in close matchups, which are pretty rare and the difference in rewards isn't that great anyway.

I’ve faced lots of people with rosters who looked good but their mods were a disaster and it was an easy win.
    There are plenty of collectors in this game who are not good players, they can be beaten with a bit of strategy.
    If you are holding jkr and dr yourself, there can’t be matches that are that lopsided?