Not exactly new, but need direction

Hey any help would be great. I've gone too far along with no clear goal of who to farm and upgrade when, I now seem to have a bunch of mid-tier characters and would like to "tidy-up" a little. Not sure what you all would need to help me, I think this is a list of my character.... https://swgoh.gg/p/436837112/characters/

Replies

• Dukstarr
    15 posts Member
    Do you have a guild? We have a secondary guild that is backed by a highly experienced 148Mil GP guild. Would love to help you develop. We are actively looking for players wanted to grow.
  • Dukstarr wrote: »
    Do you have a guild? We have a secondary guild that is backed by a highly experienced 148Mil GP guild. Would love to help you develop. We are actively looking for players wanted to grow.

I just joined a new guild late last week, not sure how active it is yet. I was still in the tier 5 starter guild not realizing I could join a "real" one until coming across there forums
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    The link you provided isn't taking me anywhere, but I do have some advice. On YouTube, look up vids such as Warrior's pillar system, and Ahnaldt101's legendary flowchart. Both are good starting places. Also, Mobile Gamer and CubsFanhan also have informative vids on farming toons.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Depending on how long you’ve been playing, you might want to just reset and start over. You don’t have enough of any faction to form a good team without a lot of farming and gearing, and your arena rank is not going to be getting you many crystals. So you basically need to start from scratch anyway.

Begin by getting the Phoenix characters. That’s Hera, Ezra, Chopper, Kanan, & Zeb (and eventually Sabine). Hit their nodes over and over again (this is called farming) until you have them all at 7*. While you do that, put as much gear on them as possible. When they are all 5* or more, use them to start completing mod battles and mod challenges. Then farm speed mods as much as you can. Use your Phoenix team everywhere (arena, galactic war, guild events, & raids). And use them to beat the events for Emperor Palpatine & Grand Admiral Thrawn.

That’s the beginning, and it will probably take a month or two to do that. When your Phoenix team is good enough to unlock Thrawn (Kanan & Zeb at gear 8 or higher; Ezra, Hera, & Chopper at gear 9 or higher; everyone except Kanan at over 180 speed with mods), then look at the pillar system or the legendary charts to choose which team to build next.
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    Depending on how long you’ve been playing, you might want to just reset and start over. You don’t have enough of any faction to form a good team without a lot of farming and gearing, and your arena rank is not going to be getting you many crystals. So you basically need to start from scratch anyway.

Begin by getting the Phoenix characters. That’s Hera, Ezra, Chopper, Kanan, & Zeb (and eventually Sabine). Hit their nodes over and over again (this is called farming) until you have them all at 7*. While you do that, put as much gear on them as possible. When they are all 5* or more, use them to start completing mod battles and mod challenges. Then farm speed mods as much as you can. Use your Phoenix team everywhere (arena, galactic war, guild events, & raids). And use them to beat the events for Emperor Palpatine & Grand Admiral Thrawn.

That’s the beginning, and it will probably take a month or two to do that. When your Phoenix team is good enough to unlock Thrawn (Kanan & Zeb at gear 8 or higher; Ezra, Hera, & Chopper at gear 9 or higher; everyone except Kanan at over 180 speed with mods), then look at the pillar system or the legendary charts to choose which team to build next.

I appreciate all this advice but definitely do NOT want to start over. I am going back to try and pick up the Phoenix characters now but also putting more effort into the old republic, working towards Revan first.
  • My priority when I started my second account has been to make sure I grab every single piece of loot there is to grab from PVE. It means having a team for each event so I could get all the shards, credit and gear from each event. Means I build a team of each required faction with the minimum req to clear each event (you get tons of Zeta, credit, shards for first completion of most events). Then I finished them all and secured all tires of all events before I aim for meta and new Legendary.
    If you go and chase the meta from the start, you won't be able to compete anyway (unless you spend thousands of $$$) and you'll miss all the loot from the regular PVE. You should make sure you can clear 100% of GW every day before going for DR or Padme.
    I am currently finishing wicket so I get 2 extra Z per month (minimum) and I'll be done after that. Meaning I'll get 4 zeta minimum from DoD and EE, tons of Omega from Assault and Omega battles, tons of Mods from Mythic Events, tons of credits from Credit Heist, etc.
    Only then will I start chasing the meta but now I have a solid base roster and do not miss any loot and everything goes much, much faster.