I spent my lovely crystal stache on padme, and I am...

Replies

• DarthAndy
    105 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    To be fair, 4000 crystals isnt a whole lot of a stash. I mean you can buy two complete eyeballs. Also, many can save that in a week.

However, if you really mean "stache", there was a deal on a pony with a stache. Way cheaper than 4000 crystals.

h4fcx121ufcw.png

I came here for something like this after reading the title and you sir have ensured I don't leave disappointed. Thank you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    OP. did you try reading the forums?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nurgle wrote: »
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    But I’m not sure what made you think a g10 Ventress would beat T5.
    Probably it was the g10 recommendation that CG put on that tier.

OP had time to post more than 800 times on the forum and never learned a thing about events here?
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • obidrew1
    115 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Slightly annoyed. Lets go back in history, shall we?

If you payed attention to way long ago when I had asked about hoarding crystals, I actually started as I waited for something amazing to come out. Sure enough, padme, who could beat both revans, came into the game.

Now, I cant help it, but I am a very vocal person, or at least on here. But anyway, i had saved up to over 4000 gems on waiting for the event right? Because she was decent. I even finished carth so i could farm anikin, and was this all worth it?

No,

First of all, as If i couldnt tell that that abomination was a jolee reskin, he needs to burn in hell. Second, the damage output made it impossible to do anything, which was also a waste. You may argue, but the chewbacca event was way easier. I spent all of my **** gems that i had saved. For months. I even (stupidly) put a zeta on ventress, and what did that get me? A missed event and a missed opportunity.
    And i even started to work on anakin, seriously!

I am ticked, total waste of my time.

That sucks brosef. Theres a lot of sarcasm, regarding the amount of crystals you had stashed, but at the end of the day it was a lot to you. The recomendation for 5 star padme was definitely inaccurste for anything other than a droid squad. Even with g12 zGG, G12 zzVentress it was challenging, and took me some time to figure out.
    My best advice to you is to be vocal and ask for advice prior to allocating crystals and gear for an event. There are a lot of helpful players in this community that will lead you straight.
    Watch videos on future events to glean information and tactics. Most of all dont give up. You missed her this time, now you have a window to improve your team to beat the event when it returns.
    Get ventress to g12. Get GG to g12, zeta his unique. Youre going to need at least two g12 medpacks in order to get GG's health to at least 55k. Farm droideka, and most importantly farm mods. Look up videos on the event to get an idea of stats you will want to try to meet or exceed. Invest in the mods that will obtain those stats. CD triangle, offense cross- and try to slice said mods to 6E.
    Good luck!
    This was the team I used, following the instructions in the video:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/blthxx/cheapest_7_padme_unlock_poggle_up_please_help/
    Post edited by obidrew1 on
  • @EventineElessedil someone on Twitter asked if she expected people to spend $4-5k on this game and she said yes. So, yes. That's what she said. All people? No, but for anyone to spend that much money on this game is extremely absurd.

Although I imagine she was extremely frustrated with what had been currently going on, to imply that anyone should spend that much money on a mobile game every year is uncalled for.
  • Ironicstan wrote: »
    @EventineElessedil someone on Twitter asked if she expected people to spend $4-5k on this game and she said yes. So, yes. That's what she said. All people? No, but for anyone to spend that much money on this game is extremely absurd.

Actually, the question she was asked was "Do you guys expect people to pay $4-5k to catch up?" So it's not really clear what was meant by that question. Catch up to who? New people catch up to people who have been playing the game for over 3 years?
  • @Vos_Landeck even if the question is not so clear, she is implying that someone should spend thousands of dollars for an online game. Not once in my life have I ever had to spend that much money to compete in a game. Be it virtual or real. So her/their (CG, EA) expectations are clearly out of the world. The pricing for these character packs are way too expensive.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    OP. did you try reading the forums?

He only writes, never reads.
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    4000 gems honestly doesn't count as much of a stash.

If you are a f2p, it counts as good. Especially when you dont have kenobi to gear at the moment. Juhani is the easiest to gear, and kenobi is not 7 star yet. And dont even talk about carbanties.

4000 crystals... is not a stash.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Ironicstan wrote: »
    @Vos_Landeck even if the question is not so clear, she is implying that someone should spend thousands of dollars for an online game. Not once in my life have I ever had to spend that much money to compete in a game. Be it virtual or real. So her/their (CG, EA) expectations are clearly out of the world. The pricing for these character packs are way too expensive.
    I've never had to spend that much, either. And I still don't. Be patient and you can get literally everything.
    Still not a he.
  • @YaeVizsla oh I understand. I have nearly all the characters minus the latest legendary ones. But I'm talking about people who have dropped hundreds of dollars on this event or previous events and can't unlock the character.

Hearthstone added a bit of a safety measure into their RNG packs. If you unfortunately buy 39 packs without a legendary hit, the 40th pack should be one. I'm not sure if this was ever publicly announced, but it's what I've been told.

Also when a new set comes out, you are guaranteed a legendary hit within the first 10 packs.

In this game, you could buy 40 packs of shards and still get the minimum. Are there any safe guards in this game to prevent people from over spending? We have the odds now, but how likely are they?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    @YaeVizsla oh I understand. I have nearly all the characters minus the latest legendary ones. But I'm talking about people who have dropped hundreds of dollars on this event or previous events and can't unlock the character.

Hearthstone added a bit of a safety measure into their RNG packs. If you unfortunately buy 39 packs without a legendary hit, the 40th pack should be one. I'm not sure if this was ever publicly announced, but it's what I've been told.

Also when a new set comes out, you are guaranteed a legendary hit within the first 10 packs.

In this game, you could buy 40 packs of shards and still get the minimum. Are there any safe guards in this game to prevent people from over spending? We have the odds now, but how likely are they?

Did you seriously ask how likely are the odds?
  • uqidc4qm5pvy.png

I was able to finish 5* with the above Separatist squad and it only took 2 tries.
    @YaeVizsla oh I understand. I have nearly all the characters minus the latest legendary ones. But I'm talking about people who have dropped hundreds of dollars on this event or previous events and can't unlock the character.

Never tell me the odds.
  • To be fair, 4000 crystals is not much of a stash even for the 100% free to play. I have spent a total of $19.99. Back in January of 2017.
    Since then nothing.
    I have DR, but missed on Malak. Have padme at 5⭐️, 4 saved zetas. 22,000 saved crystals and not even that is a huge saved stash.

Malak has much more difficult requirements to unlock. Padme....basically was an Asaj Solo. I don’t buy the crap of 4 level 1 toons with a g12 Asaj, but I did beat it with g12 Asaj and some g8-10 toons.

What I’m trying to say is, most people were ready for the event. And it wasn’t to the degree of DR and Malak, so therefore she should not be as powerful as they are.
  • Have to temper expectations
  • MightyWizard
    872 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    You used up your entire crystal stash? As in methamphetamine? That's an awful habit it's no wonder you can't make progress in this game.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Weird. I didn't spend any crystals and I got her just fine.

Sucks to be you :(

Funny thing, though, the crystals I didn't spend on Padme are now being spent on those shock prods she needs. Man am I going to be grateful when those components get added to a store....
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I'm not sure if this was ever publicly announced, but it's what I've been told.

"They never said it, but this is what people say they said" is generally not a good line of reasoning.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Hello, I'm a 1.37m GP player and I am now entitled to get the latest legendary character handed to me on a silver plate since I have 5 seperatists on 5* and g5-7.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • @NicWester Have you played hearthstone? If you had, then you would know about the 40 pack thing. It's to ensure the player that they are guaranteed a legendary card whether they used cash or from daily quests. You know, to help the player feel like they can progress.
  • Oldeuboi
    63 posts Member
    7mu8bvux2hbv.jpeg

Crystal stache
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    @Nauros correct. Not all characters are equal. However looking at my shipment store. All the shards being sold for crystals cost 80 crystals per shard. If I wanted to buy them outright (not including refreshes and excluding the current crystal sale), it would cost me roughly 28,800円。

There was an outcry when BF2 launched and EA changed pace. This game is way more expensive. Where is the outcry? The director(that's her duty right?) publicly said she wants people to spend $4-5000 a year on this game. What? Just what?

That is NOT what she said.

You are right. She didnt say she wants.... she said she expects them to.
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    Context matters. Ignoring it weakens your argument.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • IDinDooNuffin
    459 posts Member
    edited May 2019
  • Most f2p players in our guild carry a stash of 20k+ crystals minimum most well over 30k. 4k is a drop in the bucket and not a stash just a tiny dirty stache that hasn't been washed in a few days.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Literally the opposite of that. The number itself was arbitrary to the fact she hadn't significantly considered the goal of "catching up" in a game where there is no "up" to catch, the arena is instanced by start time, and GA and TW are instanced by power, making the idea of "catching up" unnecessary.

It was essentially a shrug, not her offering a hard number. The consideration and design resources went into making sure "catching up" wasn't a thing you had to do. Not for what it would take to do it anyways for no reason.
    Still not a he.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Literally the opposite of that. The number itself was arbitrary to the fact she hadn't significantly considered the goal of "catching up" in a game where there is no "up" to catch, the arena is instanced by start time, and GA and TW are instanced by power, making the idea of "catching up" unnecessary.

It was essentially a shrug, not her offering a hard number. The consideration and design resources went into making sure "catching up" wasn't a thing you had to do. Not for what it would take to do it anyways for no reason.

The "catching up" part imo was a pointless ask from the person she answered... instead she answered the question from the perspective of someone's expected spending to unlock the newest content, in this case malak.

Devs still expect the playerbase to spend ungodly amounts of money for virtually no return.... "unless it is unpalatable"
    @EventineElessedil someone on Twitter asked if she expected people to spend $4-5k on this game and she said yes. So, yes. That's what she said. All people? No, but for anyone to spend that much money on this game is extremely absurd.

Although I imagine she was extremely frustrated with what had been currently going on, to imply that anyone should spend that much money on a mobile game every year is uncalled for.

Yeah no, she said some people would spend money to stay "at the tip of the spear." She quite carefully never mentioned an amount and she never said she "expects" players to spend anything that they cannot afford. You are deliberately putting false words in her mouth and that's not ok. It's never ok, it needs to stop, and I will always stand up to say so.