No more 3v3, DR is unbalanced

Replies

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Kailen wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u2.png

This only works in skill based games. SWGOH is not a skill based game. It's a gear and RNG based game. There is no "git gud", only "grind/spend more".

The number of threads that have been posted asking why CLS/Han teams can't beat Enfys Nest tells me that this is erroneous.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    I just destroyed a Darth Revan team in 3's. I mean, wow, that was sad. Yeah, I used Jedi Revan! It was a beat down.

You might be talking about Darth Revan with Malak. I have Malak too. And that is a different fight. And one that can be won also, but l my opponent didn't have Malak. So he got roasted.

You have Malak, you win. Opponent had no Malak, he lose. No surprise here...

Well, to be fair, he said DR team. Didn't specify with or without Malak. And Padmae can handle Malak. So there is a counter.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited May 2019

TVF wrote: »
    I just destroyed a Darth Revan team in 3's. I mean, wow, that was sad. Yeah, I used Jedi Revan! It was a beat down.

You might be talking about Darth Revan with Malak. I have Malak too. And that is a different fight. And one that can be won also, but l my opponent didn't have Malak. So he got roasted.

You have Malak, you win. Opener have no Malak, he lose. No surprise here...

Meta....no surprise.

Things will change.

Considering how CG nerferd Sith teams who rellied on TM gain and Jedi Revan teams with Anakin i REALLY DOUBT things are going to change. I expect the next meta to be followed by nerfs on older characters just to manipulate the arena and keep the new shinny on top, at least until the next meta.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »

You have Malak, you win. Opener have no Malak, he lose. No surprise here...

Meta....no surprise.

Things will change.

Considering how CG nerferd Sith teams who rellied on TM gain and Jedi Revan teams with Anakin i REALLY DOUBT things are going to change. I expect the next meta to be followed by nerfs on older characters just to manipulate the arena and keep the new shinny on top, at least until the next meta.

C3PO would like a word with you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    w9rowu8gzze7.png
    Totally unexpected.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Eddiemundie
    1070 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

This only works in skill based games. SWGOH is not a skill based game. It's a gear and RNG based game. There is no "git gud", only "grind/spend more".

You are very wrong there.

4.5m gp with a 2.8m gp alt with malak on both accts but i actually think he’s correct. Just look at mods - u can’t git gud at it, u can only get lucky.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    The Revan problem is not limited to Malak, Dark Revan or the 3v3 format. It is as ubiquitous as the cloaked turncoat himself.

2ufk9i.jpg
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

You are very wrong there.

4.5m gp with a 2.8m gp alt with malak on both accts but i actually think he’s correct. Just look at mods - u can’t git gud at it, u can only get lucky.

I'm one of these "unlucky" guys aswell when it comes down to mods. Had very good mods prior to 2.0, got rekt with the slicing results post 2.0 and the best set now is +152 on BSF while many shard mates have either several sets of +150 or even single sets above +160. Sure mods are important but they are not the deciding factor. The best up to date example is DR + BSF both being faster than your own ones. The "skill" aspect here would be to come up with alternative team comps to beat that and things like "TM granting" (Thrawn, Jyn, FOO) or spreading tenacity up with a faster base speed char (GMY, Chirrut) aswell as using KRU as pretaunter against Malak became viable options.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    There is a quite big elephant in the room from which you're writing. Lemme put the light on the poor pachiderm.

Malak IS MEANT to be unbalanced. The technical definition is "meta". Meta characters are unbalanced and they can be beaten only by more powerful and better modded versions of themselves.

Now, this is the basic definition of meta. Here, we're talking about one of the shadiest things happened in this game so far, let alone maybe one of the shadiest things ever done by EA.

Malak is not just meta, he has been a tool for the poor CG guys to keep up with EA's demands. Characters and whole teams have been nerfed because Malak HAS to win against everything else even if the player using him has no idea how the game works and just bought him because he looked badass. It's marketing and unfortunately we have to either accept it or quit the game.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Put all your best teams on defense and then ignore offense. Basically skip the rounds where you face DR or DR/Malak. The game mode isn’t fun anyway, so take it as a gift that you don’t need to waste extra time on it.
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    Ever fought a Jedi revan, jolee, hoda combo? Malak has nothing on that time out squad..
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Put all your best teams on defense and then ignore offense. Basically skip the rounds where you face DR or DR/Malak. The game mode isn’t fun anyway, so take it as a gift that you don’t need to waste extra time on it.

Ah you're the one I keep facing.

Why not make it fun? Try new teams. See how far you can get. You know, play the game.
  • Arhithi
    54 posts Member
    I'm in the 3mil GP bracket and so far I've been the only one with Malak. I mostly use him on offense just to make things 'fair' and I still win because I use strategy and actually PLAY what I have. I've had 8 GA battles in a row now that my opponent doesnt even attack me. I message them to ask why and they just respond I have a better roster and wont bother.

Little did they know that I put all gear 1 level 1 team in the back rows just to make things interesting. lol.. long story short is find a way (there's always a way) and see what happens. You lose? Ok move on and get better from it. Win? Awesome, congrats!
  • DarkLord7
    241 posts Member
    Nobody is forcing you to participate on GA 3v3. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Tbh, you sound like you want to clear the GA everytime, by calling it unbalanced.

I'm around 2,8kk PG, I'm facing a guy with over 3.1kk PG, and guess what? My roster is better than his. I got a better defense and still managed to clear two of his territories plus two more squads, but since my DR team was slower than his then it's the only squad I did not take down. No big deal, since I'm still gonna win the second round.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Get over it. There will always be someone with a better roster than yours, unless you work better on your priorities. Or you can simply not participate in 3v3.

You're being arrogant and snobbish. There should be a viable counter to any team in the game, even if it is only one and very tough to get. Having a team that can only be effectively killed by itself is not strategy, it's just about getting the latest paywall, and then they might as well just have tournaments where you pay for each victory.
  • TVF wrote: »

Why not make it fun? Try new teams. See how far you can get. You know, play the game.

Make it fun? How is going against an account you have zero chance of winning against fun because they paid for a toon? Why should I help that person out?

You're the one telling people not to play, you deserve matchups where one person places one squad and only one squad.

• Celestialius
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't have malak and I love 3v3. I've only ever won 2 GA's total. I do lose to malak a lot but in a game that's been 5v5 since the beginning 3v3 is a whole new ballgame. It's a breath of fresh air and if you're allergic to that air, well there are other 5v5 matches you can play. Granted having three 3v3 GA in a row is a bit too much fresh air. If 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 of GA's were 3v3, that'd be fine.
  • Gryf
    95 posts Member

It may be me you're facing also. My GA strategy is join...... Collect rewards
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Gryf wrote: »

It may be me you're facing also. My GA strategy is join...... Collect rewards

In the last 5 GAs, I've only had 6 opponents actually attack. So, it seems to be a pretty common thing. This current one, my first opponent was an autofill and my second set a strong defense, but didn't attack. (Autofill defense can really be a pain in the butt with certain "teams")
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

Make it fun? How is going against an account you have zero chance of winning against fun because they paid for a toon? Why should I help that person out?

Does it make it better if they didn't pay for it?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

You're the one telling people not to play, you deserve matchups where one person places one squad and only one squad.

First, it's silly that people keep insisting f2p can't have the newest toon like Malak. In fact Carrie gave you the exact number that managed to do it without paying a cent.

Second, it's a game. Ok, you can't win because your opponent has a better roster. Putting aside if that's actually true, why not try to enjoy the game mode anyway? Put some thought into it. Strategize. Pick teams that can do good on offense, and see how far you can get. Malak can't block both north and south, so can you beat two Ts? Can you beat the other two teams in the Malak T? Can you get the 350k of credits for doing so?

Third, how are you helping me out by playing the game mode? I'm suggesting you have some fun. You not trying means I win, so I'm not sure why you trying helps me out.

And last, how am I telling people not to play? I'm telling you to play.

I honestly don't understand any of your post.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I don't have malak and I love 3v3. I've only ever won 2 GA's total. I do lose to malak a lot but in a game that's been 5v5 since the beginning 3v3 is a whole new ballgame. It's a breath of fresh air and if you're allergic to that air, well there are other 5v5 matches you can play. Granted having three 3v3 GA in a row is a bit too much fresh air. If 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 of GA's were 3v3, that'd be fine.

This one gets it. Kudos.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    Malak killed GA and Timeouts in GA is also a killer. Where is the sense of timeouts in GA?
  • Gannon
    1619 posts Member
    There are way too many timeout teams, especially for 3v3. They really need to increase the timers, especially in 3v3.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Well, to be fair, he said DR team. Didn't specify with or without Malak. And Padmae can handle Malak. So there is a counter.

Not in 3v3 she can't. In 5v5, yes. In 5v5 there are several teams that can handle DR+Malak. In 3v3 is mirror or lose.

And the "throw in a trash team to eat specials" doesn't work vs. Malak in 3v3 either.

I have no issue with those who have Malak - but let's at least be honest here.

3v3 is fine (personally, I prefer 5v5, because most of the teams' synergies in the game function more as intended on 5v5, because that's what they are based on). And DR isn't the problem. It's facing DR + Malak when you have neither of them that is the issue.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • All 3 of my matches took down a DR/Malak squad and my DR was on D everytime. Instead of spending time whining about it why not spend the time you use to make these posts and research how to beat them. It is possible and can be done just need to know how. And don't ask me to tell you how to beat them spend the time to learn yourself.
  • Fredy5
    326 posts Member

Wrong she can only beat until 6 stars Malak ans with good RNG...
    EA told us that they will implant more Fi Shu Mi (rock/Sicors/Paper) for the game.
    Obviously, they lied ...
    It will be more and more P2W and the next "Meta" toon will have P2Play gear on every gear spots ....
  • 212Attack
    277 posts Member
    GA is some crap I agree. But this is the only thing I don't like about Malak, (other than the fact I don't have him LOL.) they initiated a player that took a strong team and made them win not only on superior mods, but sheer power as well. yes I know you all don't think there isn't such a thing but its true. Mods have always been true meta but malak brought upon change that without him there is little to no way you can win >30% of the time. and before I see the padme **** and the GMY under revan lead crud think about this. Do they stick on D? God no Malak actually does... so let me reiterate that yes he is beatable, but he is also such a good toon that the AI has a hard time screwing him up and he is very good on D as well.

Do I think he is bad for the game no and I repeat NO!!

Really imho what they should have done to begin with was bring Malak out in his own journey, give him a lead that rivals revans and make it a Malak vs revan meta. Make it actually like the game where they fight eachother with applicable groups. that would have yielded more money and made it a tolerable meta.

Cue the your crazy crap LOL
  • TVF wrote: »

First, it's silly that people keep insisting f2p can't have the newest toon like Malak. In fact Carrie gave you the exact number that managed to do it without paying a cent.

Second, it's a game. Ok, you can't win because your opponent has a better roster. Putting aside if that's actually true, why not try to enjoy the game mode anyway? Put some thought into it. Strategize. Pick teams that can do good on offense, and see how far you can get. Malak can't block both north and south, so can you beat two Ts? Can you beat the other two teams in the Malak T? Can you get the 350k of credits for doing so?

Third, how are you helping me out by playing the game mode? I'm suggesting you have some fun. You not trying means I win, so I'm not sure why you trying helps me out.

And last, how am I telling people not to play? I'm telling you to play.

I honestly don't understand any of your post.

I thought it was you that told people not to bother with GA if they are just going to complain about how OP Malak is

Got it. So you think Malak is a F2P viable toon because 800-ish people got him F2P total

The rest of it doesn't matter, you're telling people to how to play the game... You for some reason don't understand how lots of people have fun winning and would just rather not waste their time if they have no chance to win
  • @TVF I still play 3v3 GA even though I know I usually won't win the whole tournament because I wasn't one of the 800 that got Malak f2p. Doesn't mean I can't understand how broken the game mode is.

If you don't have DR and another player has Malak, you will lose that round if your opponent has any sort of strategy and doesn't just randomize their squads.

For those saying that they can lay Malak on D and still have a full clear, LOL.... That's a BIG ace in the hole to leave on D where you can make up that point differential in other places where people who don't have DR can't do.