Bad day for opponent or TW glitch?

I would love to think this is just a nice victory but that many attempts has me wondering if the TW errors might have had a part in this?

kfgpoq3yfo4o.png

Replies

• I would love to think this is just a nice victory but that many attempts has me wondering if the TW errors might have had a part in this?

kfgpoq3yfo4o.png

Ha. Maybe a joke when all hope is lost. Or you were the last team left for a wall with seconds dwindling.

Opponent didn’t seem to leave tm.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Dunno, my spidey senses are telling me it may have been related.. hazard of being a dev (not gaming) I guess. If any at CG want more info feel free. But I think they can track my guild and go from there.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    A team with regeneration on both health and protection can easily get TM loaded but not appear to be. Without good communication it can end up being a trap that many players will just line up to fall into.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dunno, my spidey senses are telling me it may have been related.. hazard of being a dev (not gaming) I guess. If any at CG want more info feel free. But I think they can track my guild and go from there.

The glitch was not leaving teams TM loaded and for this to be related would have had to be attacking for over 2 hours (5 min per battle, the glitch was causing battles to run until they time out). It is highly unlikely to be related to that.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Well we call that kitchen sink time, throw anything at them. 34 tries could also be enter, retreat, enter retreat. Just something to do? A macro setup? Which if the case, a retry limit should kick in?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Why should there be a retry limit?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Why should there be a retry limit?

Stop bots, or macro players, which if used violates the TOS? I won't list more troublesome outcomes but I'm sure most here can think of them.

Added: Which is why a battle going into a loop is bad and causes nerfs, adjustments in game to stop them from happening. Okay, takes me a while but the anger I feel/felt when teams are nerfed because of a loop was just replaced with the realization of why they are bad. Takes a while but I get there in the end.. (unrelated moment of clarity on another issue, triggered by this conversation LOL).
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I'm quite sure the devs are well aware of all these things and would have already done a retry limit if it was actually a problem.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm quite sure the devs are well aware of all these things and would have already done a retry limit if it was actually a problem.

Doubtful, many would complain saying players with strong rosters would be held back from helping their guild. If a limit were imposed it would have to be triggered by retries in a given amount of time suggesting bots or macros. Which is why Emulators are not something they want us using and LD has said in passing could result in being banned.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Well we call that kitchen sink time, throw anything at them. 34 tries could also be enter, retreat, enter retreat. Just something to do? A macro setup? Which if the case, a retry limit should kick in?

We all know that the AI is bad, but why would you set up a macro to throw teams in on auto?

I dont know why people do this, but if it's one team and that zone is the difference between a win or a loss, I guess you just have anyone on give it all they got.
  • Kyno wrote: »

We all know that the AI is bad, but why would you set up a macro to throw teams in on auto?

I dont know why people do this, but if it's one team and that zone is the difference between a win or a loss, I guess you just have anyone on give it all they got.

I have no idea, a bored gamer is a scary thing lol
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Revan doesn't have that many effective counters, and once your guild is out of them, you're in trouble. It's possible the glitch ate a bunch of DR or JKR squads on offense, which is exactly what happened to our guild. We got the points for beating the squads but they remained on defense, and so couldn't pass their Revan wall as a result. (About half of us had DR/JKR on defense). We were left with 1 Revan squad standing, and although we managed to beat it up pretty good, the glitch was definitely responsible for it being there in the first place.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m