Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    And by "6 days of playing", you mean that 5 minutes to set def (unless you use what you set previously) or an hour at most for attacks distributed through the day however you wish?

It's way more than that, scouting the opponent's rosters to find their strength and weakness and planning accordingly. If you have such great confidence in your roster and you always set the same exact defense and it doesn't affect your results at all then good for you.

A quick glance is usually enough for me. Do they have DR? If not, my DR goes on def. The same for JKR and Mil F. Anything more is a waste of time for me, though I might start taking it more seriously with the championships. That depends on the rewards, I guess.
    And even if you do study their roster thoroughly, just increase the 5 minutes to 15 or 20, again distributed through the day however is convenient for you. Still not a terrible time investment.
    Oh, and concerning my results - that's decided by the matchmaking more often than anything else. Close matchups are few and far between, and ones where I could have done better with better planning even more so.

So putting effort into preparing is of no value, yet you blame matchmaking for your losses?
    Interesting...

Yes, because it's often absolutely clear who is going to win, assuming both put up reasonable defense and don't skip attack. Don't act like you haven't seen it yourself.
    Proper preparation comes into question in close matchups, which are pretty rare and the difference in rewards isn't that great anyway.

I’ve faced lots of people with rosters who looked good but their mods were a disaster and it was an easy win.
    There are plenty of collectors in this game who are not good players, they can be beaten with a bit of strategy.
    If you are holding jkr and dr yourself, there can’t be matches that are that lopsided?

There can. All it takes is a good Malak. Or a significantly higher number of G12 characters. Or there are matches where the enemy doesn't have DR or even JKR, those are pretty clear as well.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    OP do you like anything about this game? I'm genuinely wondering because you seem to make multiple threads each day and they're all complaints about something new. There's nothing wrong with giving up a game that you don't enjoy. I'd wager the large majority of your complaints will never be changed by the devs. Not trolling, just being honest.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    I dont mind when there are zetas involved. From 0 to 3 seems decent, but the same number for omegas i believe it is too low.

agreed, at least 2-4 would sit better for omegas, otherwise now that they run all the time i'm also happy with rewards, but i do like the OP idea they add some carbantis, it's only challenge gear after all, but we need insane amounts of it and when we can get up to 7 but 3 is the most common drop number, some added here would be most welcome
  • jpierrard17
    172 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    If you use the DSR bot it takes approx 2 mins to scout someone's roster. If you're doing it manually then I'd recommend thinking of the old phase "Work Smart not Hard!". It is approx 2 hrs of total gameplay over 6 days considering there is also extensive counter threads out there on the internet you can grab. The only thing that should be increased is when omegas are the reward make it 2-5 not 0-3 like zetas.
  • TVF wrote: »
    OP do you like anything about this game? I'm genuinely wondering because you seem to make multiple threads each day and they're all complaints about something new. There's nothing wrong with giving up a game that you don't enjoy. I'd wager the large majority of your complaints will never be changed by the devs. Not trolling, just being honest.

Is there anything that can ever get you upset or disappointed?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Of course. You can probably even find some posts of mine to prove it if you really want to know.

I notice you didn't answer the question though.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Compare to TB, which takes 6 days too, yeah.

Hey at least you get some tokens everyday via special mission in TB.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Of course. You can probably even find some posts of mine to prove it if you really want to know.

I notice you didn't answer the question though.

Aren't those comments deleted and resulted in a 3 month ban? ;p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

You get mod slicing materials from GA.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »

You get mod slicing materials from GA.

Zetas as well...... Omegas too..... I'd say GA is responsible for the majority of my 6 dot mods to be honest.....
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I know, I meant you get mod slicing at the end of each round, like you get special mission rewards in TB.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    What I see a lot of people not take into account is that if you don't come first but put as much time as the person that comes first, the rewards are even worse. Surely the 2nd place rewards should also be better.

Imagine putting in effort, wanting to participate, but the game puts you with people it shouldn't have cause of the bad matchmaking and you only win once or not once?

All that time and effort, a waste of time and effort.

I'm surprised people in that situation don't quit, as I know if you were someone who focused on seven starring over gearing pre-ga, you can't win ga. No matter how much effort or time you put in.

So really, the rewards need to be better, and we have seen them be better before they nerfed the rewards. It used to give meaningful rewards.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Zetas, omegas, last month's stun guns....none of this is meaningful to you?
  • DavieJG
    112 posts Member
    I hate their policy where the increase the frequency of an event and drop the rewards accordingly. I think a full piece to the winner is a better reflection of the status of the game mode. Mod salvage/mats are nice but gear is still king
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    What I see a lot of people not take into account is that if you don't come first but put as much time as the person that comes first, the rewards are even worse. Surely the 2nd place rewards should also be better.

Imagine putting in effort, wanting to participate, but the game puts you with people it shouldn't have cause of the bad matchmaking and you only win once or not once?

All that time and effort, a waste of time and effort.

I'm surprised people in that situation don't quit, as I know if you were someone who focused on seven starring over gearing pre-ga, you can't win ga. No matter how much effort or time you put in.

So really, the rewards need to be better, and we have seen them be better before they nerfed the rewards. It used to give meaningful rewards.

That's like saying rewards for arena suck because you're not getting top5.
    What you're saying about effort is not what i'm experiencing at all either. Usually when i (severely) outmatch my opponent they don't put alot of effort in it at all.
    Funny enough, i can imagine if the rewards were amazing people would be more peeved off by mismatches than they currently are. Better rewards will always result in a larger difference between #1 and #8.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I'd be a lot more engaged with the mode if I weren't consistently matched against opponents whose rosters give me zero chance.

Now, I set defenses (so they have something to do), and I hope that at least one of my opponents won't attack so I don't come in last place. Last time I came in second because two of my opponents didn't attack. :)
  • Whoa man dont rock the boat! Its the only way ive been getting 6* mods
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • The weird part is that you expect any rewards at all. It's a game. If you don't like playing it, don't play. Be happy you get anything at all.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    The weird part is that you expect any rewards at all. It's a game. If you don't like playing it, don't play. Be happy you get anything at all.

The whole game “economy” is predicated on getting rewards from events though. I’m sure that without event rewards none of us would like playing for long. Otherwise the only options would be either use a G6 CWC lead team forever or bust out the credit card to reach G7.
  • It's a catch-22...if the GA rewards were great, people would freak out and complain that all the whales have the advantage and that it's not worth playing. Or that 3v3 is unfair/dumb or ships are not counted or are counted...etc.

GA is basically a sandbox mode for people to mess around with lineups and to learn how to play. Whales/Krakens like it for bragging rights. For non-whales/krakens, it's basically free. You don't even have to do anything and get stuff.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    The weird part is that you expect any rewards at all. It's a game. If you don't like playing it, don't play. Be happy you get anything at all.

Without enough rewards to feel like they are making progress which is actually impossible to a certain degree with ever increasing power gap no one will play...period...

you'll have your 892 FTP malaks fighting the TIP guys probably over and over same people because EVERYONE else would have 0 reason to play...

I don't actually care about the rewards so much as I do the health of the game...... Health of the game requires a certain minimum amount of rewards the data collectors feel is appropriate to keep people playing...which is all that matters.... You tell people "Hey don't play if you don't like it" .... DO YOU like the game ???? If you really enjoy the game and want to keep it healthy stop telling people to quit....

A game with 1,000,000 players is a lot better than the 892 and the TIP just fighting each other in arena in Empty shards till the doors close.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    It's a catch-22...if the GA rewards were great, people would freak out and complain that all the whales have the advantage and that it's not worth playing. Or that 3v3 is unfair/dumb or ships are not counted or are counted...etc.

GA is basically a sandbox mode for people to mess around with lineups and to learn how to play. Whales/Krakens like it for bragging rights. For non-whales/krakens, it's basically free. You don't even have to do anything and get stuff.

it takes 8-9 months for the last place finishers to earn 4 full pieces (since rotated) and 32 6* mods as long as they spend the mod energy to farm the extra pieces.

OP tyrannosaurus guys getting matched up against salamanders in that same time will earn 16 full pieces of gear and 64 6* mods with a little extra modulator farming

Over time that's becomes a ridiculous gap.... that said it still is an 8-9 month cycle.. So who knows how many cycles we have left...1 maybe 2. Would be awesome i mean AWESOME if we could go another 5.... Without Legends characters from EU not sure that can happen... Our hopes rest on Disney Streaming and Disney XD lol
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Every GA should give 1x Full carbanti,
    1xFull stun Gun, 1x Full Cuff, 1xFull Gold Ball(lol), 1xFull syringe. Those are for all players who participate and then whatever rewards we currently have scaling for position.

It comes down to less than 40 of each piece a year and I think it's absolutely reasonable and I see no point why it should be any different.

Yeah let's just give all of the rarest gear for 6 days of minimal effort that revan and Malak owners will always succeed in. And you know what? Let's just add in 200 zeta mats 400 omega's 50 20+ speed mods, 30,000 Crystal's and x1000 of all the g12 pieces while we are at it. But even then, the rewards seems pitiful.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    1xFull stun Gun, 1x Full Cuff, 1xFull Gold Ball(lol), 1xFull syringe. Those are for all players who participate and then whatever rewards we currently have scaling for position.

It comes down to less than 40 of each piece a year and I think it's absolutely reasonable and I see no point why it should be any different.

Yeah let's just give all of the rarest gear for 6 days of minimal effort that revan and Malak owners will always succeed in. And you know what? Let's just add in 200 zeta mats 400 omega's 50 20+ speed mods, 30,000 Crystal's and x1000 of all the g12 pieces while we are at it. But even then, the rewards seems pitiful.

No just the ones I mentioned
  • GA takes 10 minutes per attack phase, I think the rewards are quite decent for this.

Oh well, at least this isn't your 500th thread complaining about the Padme event
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »

I have won every ga since inception except for one where I finished second.... And I don't o n either Revan or Malak...... So.....
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    SemiGod wrote: »

I have won every ga since inception except for one where I finished second.... And I don't o n either Revan or Malak...... So.....

And you GP is?