No more 3v3, DR is unbalanced

Replies

• 212Attack wrote: »
    that would have yielded more money

No it wouldn't have. They forced Malak on people so quickly to buy gear because they didn't make enough money on allowing people time to farm for a journey character.... You're crazy if you think that giving people a completely different farm would catch people by surprise to yield more money
  • SirCrankz wrote: »
    DR is bearable on 3vs3 with easily accebale non meta teams. Find it out...

I dont typically like "git gud" but this is true. My dr has been beaten twice in a row with 2 attacks each
  • Nevet
    20 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Kailen wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u2.png

This only works in skill based games. SWGOH is not a skill based game. It's a gear and RNG based game. There is no "git gud", only "grind/spend more".

This game is 80% what you have and 20% how you use it. Strategy will always be a deciding factor in evenly matched fights
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member

yroi4dc5na3w.jpg

DR and Malak "can" be beaten, even in 3v3. I don't have either and I beat them. It can be done, it's not easy, but it can be done. Look for strategies and figure them out.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    Nevet wrote: »
    Kailen wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.u2.png

This only works in skill based games. SWGOH is not a skill based game. It's a gear and RNG based game. There is no "git gud", only "grind/spend more".

This game is 80% what you have and 20% how you use it. Strategy will always be a deciding factor in evenly matched fights

While I completely agree with this statement, I can’t tell if you think GA is evenly matched or not. I think it’s far from it which is why people have these negative opinions.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Put all your best teams on defense and then ignore offense. Basically skip the rounds where you face DR or DR/Malak. The game mode isn’t fun anyway, so take it as a gift that you don’t need to waste extra time on it.

Ah you're the one I keep facing.

Why not make it fun? Try new teams. See how far you can get. You know, play the game.

Umm, some of these teams, like DR/Malak, have so few counters by design that it’s really not fun to even experiment with new teams against them.

On top of that, there’s about 6 or 7 real tough meta teams so missing one (or in my case 3) is extremely significant unless your opponent is missing an equal number. It’s not like I can throw my bugs, clones, or old school Jedi at some of these meta teams to whittle them down.

I find GA to be boring and a chore to play. I don’t want to spend extra time on it if I don’t have to. 90% of the time, I look at my opponent’s roster and can accurately predict who will win, so I win as many battles as possible when I know I’ll win the match and use the strategy above when I know I’ll lose. I play for the rewards and that’s it. If I want to test new rosters, I’ll use TB, TW, or GW.

If you like this mode then great, but I’m guessing from all of the discussions I follow here that more people don’t like GA than those that like it.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I'm sure your guild just loves when you test things in TW.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm sure your guild just loves when you test things in TW.

Not everyone is in the same position as you. My guild certainly doesn’t mind when I test random teams against a team with 60k power...especially when I’m usually top 3 in total points. You shouldn’t make such bad assumptions about others and maybe listen to people instead.

And on GA, I just went back and checked my last GA matches (went 3-0). Only 1 of my opponents even tried. It’s not just me that’s bored with this game mode. I wish I could actually use my entire roster to compete in this. I find it fun to throw g8 toons together and hope to win or even win a war of attrition. This game mode isn’t like that. It’s who has the most meta toons and/or highest speed mods.
  • EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Let's stop it with the "git gud" posts, they don't add anything to conversation and just lead to arguments.
  • @SmurfLAX28 but DR/Malak can be beaten by non DR/Malak squads in 3x3 GA! I beat all 3 of the ones I faced in the last GA without using my DR/Malak and one of the guys I went against beat mine without having Malak and beat me in banners as we both cleared but he was more efficient.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    I'm trying to figure out what this thread is about. Is it "I'm losing to people who have better rosters than me in Grand Arena"? Or is is "Darth Malak makes Darth Revan teams impossible to one shot in GA - therefore, it needs to be nerfed?"

I'm just so confused.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Broxxor wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out what this thread is about. Is it "I'm losing to people who have better rosters than me in Grand Arena"? Or is is "Darth Malak makes Darth Revan teams impossible to one shot in GA - therefore, it needs to be nerfed?"

I'm just so confused.

Is it really that hard to participate in two different, but really simple topics?

That wasn't the point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I started the topic because DR in 3v3 is so overpowered compared to everything else right now it's not fun. I don't care to one shot that group (basically impossible, as you have to place yours on D, too, to be competitive), nor do I care about if it only took another try or 2, but I care about having fun in a game and DR ruins 3v3.
    I have a strong roster, I set a good defense and keep offense to clear whatever is put in front of me. I typically win 2 of the 3 battles and that's just dandy, I don't expect to win everything every time - that's not what makes games fun. Fun comes from balance and trying to over come and obstacle that can be beaten. DR is a wild card and way out of whack with every other team in the game. For example, here is round 2 from my last GA, which one of these things is not like the other (and it's not a matter of saving the "right" team for the job, because I do that every war)? 2 of my last 3 opponents did not even bother attacking at all, and all 3 of them had DR, clearly they don't think it's fun either.
    2lc0agt2xlkc.jpg
    4fzsjjjy10kk.jpg
    j591axjwx6vb.jpg
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Look, your game wasn't designed or balanced around 3 man squads, stop forcing this on us. The imbalance of certain combos in 3v3 is terrible (notably DR), and it makes GA, arguably the epitome of this game, completely frustrating. Since DR came to the game I have managed to beat exactly 1 team 3v3, and had mine defeated exactly one time. If you have him, you set him on D obviously, and the only potential counter is cheese followed by CLS; a total rng dice roll hoping for some counter attacks. This isn't fun.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/31/e5/03/31e503e7c14dbb401365947bc7f77484.gif
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    I started the topic because DR in 3v3 is so overpowered compared to everything else right now it's not fun. I don't care to one shot that group (basically impossible, as you have to place yours on D, too, to be competitive), nor do I care about if it only took another try or 2, but I care about having fun in a game and DR ruins 3v3.
    I have a strong roster, I set a good defense and keep offense to clear whatever is put in front of me. I typically win 2 of the 3 battles and that's just dandy, I don't expect to win everything every time - that's not what makes games fun. Fun comes from balance and trying to over come and obstacle that can be beaten. DR is a wild card and way out of whack with every other team in the game. For example, here is round 2 from my last GA, which one of these things is not like the other (and it's not a matter of saving the "right" team for the job, because I do that every war)? 2 of my last 3 opponents did not even bother attacking at all, and all 3 of them had DR, clearly they don't think it's fun either.
    2lc0agt2xlkc.jpg
    4fzsjjjy10kk.jpg
    j591axjwx6vb.jpg

I faced a similar defense to you. My opponent put his DR Malak team in the back row and I figured he would as soon as I saw it wasn't on the front line. I took down his front line with the lowest level teams I could against them. Once I cleared every other team, I still had CLS, JTR, and a couple other teams to attack his DR with.

I used a weak team that could survive attacks from all three, at least once each. Took my CLS team in next and took out Bastila. Meanwhile, Malak and DR were almost dead from that too. Third I took in JTR and beat down both a little more. Malak took out my JTR, but then my BB8 and R2 took out Darth Revan and then Malak because they were close enough to death that they fell down fairly easily. My R2 also stunned Malak a couple times so he couldn't do much. It took three teams, but it was the right three teams and I cleared the board. Meanwhile, he got stuck on my Bossk team and couldn't clear.

While I agree that Malak is really a wallet warrior, he can still be beaten if you strategize it right.
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    Malak IS MEANT to be unbalanced. The technical definition is "meta". Meta characters are unbalanced and they can be beaten only by more powerful and better modded versions of themselves.

Now, this is the basic definition of meta.

Meta isn’t defined as unbalanced in games where the developers actually strive for balance.

Not a complaint, just a fact.
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    SemiGod wrote: »
    Faxx

cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort

• Pvp is being replaced by competitive knitting
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    I set my DR with Malak every TW because of this.

Also, Ive fought several - and I can one shot the 5 stars and sometimes the 6 stars with Padme. Easy cleanup for 2nd win after.

Haven't failed to beat it yet. Cleared boards 100% of the time.

It can be done and isnt a game breaker.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Look, your game wasn't designed or balanced around 3 man squads, stop forcing this on us. The imbalance of certain combos in 3v3 is terrible (notably DR), and it makes GA, arguably the epitome of this game, completely frustrating. Since DR came to the game I have managed to beat exactly 1 team 3v3, and had mine defeated exactly one time. If you have him, you set him on D obviously, and the only potential counter is cheese followed by CLS; a total rng dice roll hoping for some counter attacks. This isn't fun.

Add Jar Jar and fix the meta with his/her/its special unique.

(Unique) Isa Mesa: Jar Jar has +300 speed at the start of the encounter. Everytime Jar Jar takes a turn he/she/it gains +1000% offense stacking. Whenever Jar Jar deals damage, reset all of her cooldowns and take 3 bonus turns.

#Metafixed
  • I'm with the OP on this one. GA matchmaking needs to be fixed to take into account major toons like the DRS Bot does. When I see a DR/DM combo opponent, I know my odds of winning are poor. Usually they set them in the first row & I give it a shot. If I don't clear, then game over, & I don't bother with the rest of GA. No point to it. I'd really just like a GA bracket where I'm matched up with a similar top 1/2 toon collection. Matching me with people who have DR/DM is no different than my arena shard where I top out in the high 30's. I don't need GA to replicate this - I live it every day. Actually fighting people with similar collections in GA would be a nice change of pace - the 1/4 of the time it happens is enjoyable. The rest of the time, just wasting my and my opponents time.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member

Also, Ive fought several - and I can one shot the 5 stars and sometimes the 6 stars with Padme. Easy cleanup for 2nd win after.

You should try not using DR and Malak when your opponent has them. Then you’ll see how fun it is to play against them when you’re short 1 team!

Lol it’s only not a “game breaker” if you have them. If I use 2 teams, like you suggest, to beat them then my opponent still doesn’t have anything comparable to fight on my defense. I’m now behind by 1 attempt on offense.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited May 2019

You should try not using DR and Malak when your opponent has them. Then you’ll see how fun it is to play against them when you’re short 1 team!

Lol it’s only not a “game breaker” if you have them. If I use 2 teams, like you suggest, to beat them then my opponent still doesn’t have anything comparable to fight on my defense. I’m now behind by 1 attempt on offense.

You are not short 1 team. If you are the same GP and if you have commited to the same level of investment, you should have the same number of maxed teams. There are other teams that cannot be taken out in 1 attempt, especially if you place them in the same zone with another team that shares the same counter. Use them.
    Arguably DR-Malak currently gives you the most advantage for a single team in 3v3 GA, but if you already see before the battle that you are losing that certain match, DR is not your only problem. You must be missing other key toons.
    If your rosters are somewhat balanced and the only difference is DR, you have a shot, maybe you just choose to throw it away before the match starts.
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    Malak and DR are beatable in 3v3 but you do need to use a few teams. So no. It's fine. We like a challenge.
  • Broxxor wrote: »

You are not short 1 team. If you are the same GP and if you have commited to the same level of investment, you should have the same number of maxed teams. There are other teams that cannot be taken out in 1 attempt, especially if you place them in the same zone with another team that shares the same counter. Use them.
    Arguably DR-Malak currently gives you the most advantage for a single team in 3v3 GA, but if you already see before the battle that you are losing that certain match, DR is not your only problem. You must be missing other key toons.
    If your rosters are somewhat balanced and the only difference is DR, you have a shot, maybe you just choose to throw it away before the match starts.

Not all characters are created equal...but all GP is equal.

CG has said that GP is not a good metric for TW matchmaking which is why they’ve claimed to adjust the matchmaking to account for certain team syngeries. It’s funny that the same logic doesn’t apply to GA.

FYI, in the last GA I beat a DR/Malak owner to finish 3-0. So this isn’t just me complaining.
  • 6Delara6
    59 posts Member
    While we're at it I'd also like to ask CG to give out participation trophies to everyone regardless of where we finished.

As a 100% f2p who obtained DR and Malek through vigorous grinding and proper resource allocation I should not be rewarded with any easier GA matchups. That sounds fair. We should all finish in 1st place.

I missed jkr by 2000 crystals first go around due to poor resource allocation. I figured out how to beat jkr with traya and never missed 1st overall in arena but I was constantly targetted and dropped hard resulting in frequent 50 and sometimes 100 level refreshes. It was super annoying. I never blamed CG, it was my own fault and instead I learned from my error. Got DR, malek, padme, and in great shape for sith ships which I started working on months ago. We can't all be winners all the time.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    While I agree that Malak is really a wallet warrior, he can still be beaten if you strategize it right.

Only if you're lucky, extremely lucky. I've beaten the trio once also, and it only took 4 attempts, but more often than not the team is unbeatable.