Will Malak return?

Prev13
ssj4tim
135 posts Member
Been thinking lately about whether he will actually return. He was basically so whales got their free "I win" button, so will they risk upsetting them by allowing him to come back so non-whales can get him too?

Replies

• Nah.
  • You're kidding right?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Again with the whales only nonsense.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    He will come back.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Yeah he's not returning like all the other similar whale only toons we've had so far like:

Commander Luke Skywalker
    Jedi Training Rey
    Jedi Knight Revan
    Darth Revan
  • They will never make it where a toon can’t be accessed. That being said, they COULD not have the event come back and open up the store to get his shards to make it an even bigger uphill challenge of getting him to 7* but I’m sure that will make people riot.
  • Nope. One and done. Never again will us non-whales have the opportunity to unlock malak.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    I would hope that the return of malak is delayed from the typical cadence.

If malak returned on a typical cadence many people that got malak first time round might have only just maxed malak and people will get him on the second time round who have been saving guild event tokens since his first appearance might get malak maxed at essentially the same time as people who got him second time round.
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    He's a Sith Lord, he shall do as he pleases
  • ssj4tim wrote: »
    Been thinking lately about whether he will actually return. He was basically so whales got their free "I win" button, so will they risk upsetting them by allowing him to come back so non-whales can get him too?

I don't spend any money at all and I have him. I guess I just manage my resources better than some.

Pretty sure Darth Revan and Malak will be back in about 45 days in tandem.
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    Don't think so. It was a one time thing... they know he ended up way too OP, so they won't risk more players getting him. I also heard, that players who got Malak the first time, will be moved to seperate arena shards to give other players a chance.
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Don't think so. It was a one time thing... they know he ended up way too OP, so they won't risk more players getting him. I also heard, that players who got Malak the first time, will be moved to seperate arena shards to give other players a chance.

Where did you "hear" this?
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah he's not returning like all the other similar whale only toons we've had so far like:

Commander Luke Skywalker
    Jedi Training Rey
    Jedi Knight Revan
    Darth Revan

Those are not whale toons, those were toons that people were given plenty of time to farm. Malak was made specifically for people that were willing to spend money. I realize there are some free to play players because they actually geared and leveled the toons before hand, but by putting a power level minimum on a toon to even participate in an event and requiring 10 toons including 2 unlocks to participate instead of the normal 5. Not to mention CG has mentioned that he was a "reward" for those that were willing to pay for him.... This was a unique event, NOT a normal legendary or journey event.

• Mirus
    10 posts Member
    How was Hermit Yoda and Wampa originally released?
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    Where did you "hear" this?

On the Troll Discord channel

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Sarcasm, obviously.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Mirus wrote: »
    How was Hermit Yoda and Wampa originally released?

Directly into GET store, no event or anything.
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Dagonsith wrote: »

He's not a wizard.
  • Scuttlebutt
    1190 posts Member
    When Revan killed Malak, it was pretty definitive. I seriously doubt he’s coming back, but I also thought when Darth maul was cut in half that he would be dead for good. Actually, Darth Sion was good at coming back from the dead, so maybe Malak has a chance of coming back...but most likely, he will not come back.
  • jfears2
    185 posts Member
    Watch them bring back the malek event before the DR event returns. It will be chaos and the internets will burn... and I will kick back and have some popcorn as I have neither but will enjoy the madness!

ck9qqth6ez9c.jpg

You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    jfears2 wrote: »
    Watch them bring back the malek event before the DR event returns. It will be chaos and the internets will burn... and I will kick back and have some popcorn as I have neither but will enjoy the madness!

ck9qqth6ez9c.jpg

Not gonna happen, no money to be made from that. But starting the DR event on the last day of Malak event...
  • jfears2
    185 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Not gonna happen, no money to be made from that. But starting the DR event on the last day of Malak event...

The internets will still burn, and I will enjoy watching :smile:
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Malak event should have been made into a raid.
  • Yes.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Yes.

I disagree.
  • Didn't they say that Malak would go to a store after getting him to 5*?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    I killed Malak twice last time. I'm pretty sure he won't be back a third time.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Didn't they say that Malak would go to a store after getting him to 5*?

What they said was:
    Darth Malak shards will appear in the Guild Event Store when you unlock Darth Malak at Five Stars.

And that's what happened. If you beat both battles, you were able to finish him from the GET store. Doesn't mean that's how it will stay. I go back and forth with myself, between the event will return, and the event won't return. If it doesn't return, they would just allow everyone to buy him from that store (is my personal theory).
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    Ephran wrote: »
    Dagonsith wrote: »

He's not a wizard.

He's better than a wizard. He's a SPACE WIZARD