3v3 TW Rules

JakeD
17 posts Member
@cg_SBCrumb

My guild is very TW focused and would like to prepare for the upcoming 3v3 war. I have been tasked with preparing the strategy for our guild but I'm struggling right now.

Without understanding teams per zone and how scoring will function, I cannot effectively execute our approach. Can the team please advise as to what the plan is for those items?

For example, will it have GA like rules involving bonus points for Max health and max Prot? These rules can drastically alter a defensive plan by focusing on teams that will kill prot on defense this ensuring better efficiency, etc. Number of teams per zone and number of zones are also critical pieces of information for knowing what a defense will look like.

Please let the players know soon what this will look like in the 3v3 war.

Thanks!

Replies

• This ^^^ no clue on how many per zone, bonus or anything. 3v3 is not enjoyable for me personally, but to figure out the 50 in the guild its such a pain
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Squad counts per zone for various tiers would be good to know.

I doubt they will throw any special rules into the mix but that would be good to know too.
  • Yes, please communicate whatever information you have or know right now. It was nice to announce what the special bonus TW is going to be ahead of time, now follow that plan for this brand-new 3v3 TW.
  • How will mods work in the bonus TW?

Will they lock or no?
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    JakeD wrote: »

For example, will it have GA like rules involving bonus points for Max health and max Prot? These rules can drastically alter a defensive plan by focusing on teams that will kill prot on defense this ensuring better efficiency, etc.

There is no reason they would do this. The bonus banners for max health/protection are in GA to avoid tie situations which would be much more common in GA than TW.....has nothing to do with 3 vs. 3. So there is no reason to expect they would add something like this out of the blue to TW just because it's 3 vs. 3.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Exactly.

My GA matches consist of about 6 attacks per side with a significant chance of a tie unless there are bonus points available for full health/protection.

My TW matches are 140 attacks per side with a much lower chance of a tie, hence no need for full health/protection bonuses.
  • JakeD
    17 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Exactly.

My GA matches consist of about 6 attacks per side with a significant chance of a tie unless there are bonus points available for full health/protection.

My TW matches are 140 attacks per side with a much lower chance of a tie, hence no need for full health/protection bonuses.

That's an exceptionally small number in each instance of attacks in each case you cite. Regardless, it doesn't negate the need for clarification of the rules that will be in play. At a minimum, I am expecting more teams per zone and it needs to be clear to the players with a reasonable amount of advance notice what, if anything, will be different aside from characters per team.
  • If we ignore fleets, the average deployment in 5v5 is 4 squads of 5 = 20 toons or 7 squads of 3 spread over .... how many map areas?
    Or is it 8 squads of 3 with the board of areas unchanged? Number of squads each map then is number of players.
    But who says my “makes sense” is how CG thinks?
    Most players have jobs, advance notice for a serious change is needed (& more than 24 hours)
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Yes, information please! This is like a whole new game mode so some time to prepare would be appreciated.

I’ll take this opportunity to advocate for a change to the way TW are scheduled in general. This back and forth between bonuses and vanilla is exhausting.
    I’m not a fan of the bonuses at all, but if you insist on running them can we at least have them active for consecutive TW followed by consecutive vanilla

I’ve seen a lot of players quit between my guild family, arena and fleet shards. The biggest reason they cite is that the time commitment for all of these events is too much. Some tweaks to the scheduling could really help to minimize this for all of us.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    OP how can you say 3v3 TW rules and we don't even know how it will work yet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Since you can't predict what exactly the terms of 3v3 TW will be, I'd instead look into good offensive and defensive 3-hero squads. There are quite a few sites online with lists of 3v3 teams and their counters. Getting your guild familiar with those squads will be very helpful, and independent of whatever the scoring and #teams per territory turns out to be.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • JakeD
    17 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    OP how can you say 3v3 TW rules and we don't even know how it will work yet.

Your question is exactly the point of my OP. I'm asking for information on how it will work so we can effectively plan.

Seems to be a moot point now though as today's Dev announcement indicates we will have vanilla 5v5 for the foreseeable future.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    "Rules" as in "this is awesome!"

Not my best or most clear joke, I admit.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH