192 posts Member
edited May 2019
This week for speed mods
208 sliced mods
X1 +14 highest
X5 +10

102M gold/purple mods from store
X0 +10

Miss mod 1.0 days of a guaranteed role for 1 stat mods.

So many wasted resources to roll on mods that never roll the 1 resource we...speed.

Wish it would go away or we could have a help a speed roll program, 10 rolls and u get 1 full roll guaranteed.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    myea8017 wrote: »

X0 +10

???

At the end of the day, my mods got much better after mods 2.0. All of my +20s came after that change, but that doesn't really mean anything.
  • myea8017
    192 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

X0 +10

???

At the end of the day, my mods got much better after mods 2.0. All of my +20s came after that change, but that doesn't really mean anything.

I have only gotten 3 or 4 since it released but compared to what i have used to get them. And the 102M was from just this week as are all the slicing. I decided to create a counter for analytical purposes.
  • Speed almost never hits high on mods that start Gold or Purple for me. My best mods have come from Blue mods bought, won as loot from events or farmed.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    It's all random.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Speed almost never hits high on mods that start Gold or Purple for me. My best mods have come from Blue mods bought, won as loot from events or farmed.
    Those sample sizes are considerably different. You will get a lot more blue mods than gold ones therefore you will see more blue mods with speed and consequently more blue mods rolling +speed a second time.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Mod drops have been poor for a while now. It was either when they got rid of crystals for mod store or when they increased the drop rate for mods. Better drop rate was nice, but slashing the rate for blue, green, purple, gold or just ones with useful stats made it worse than it was before. I never spend my mod energy on farming mods anymore. Only purchase them in the store or get them from events.,
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You've got data to support that, I take it?
  • Would prefer that no mods exist so that the game can be played with turn orders as designed... although it's a bit late for that.
  • Hilts12345
    17 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Agree. The speed mod farming is tough. Farming over and over and over to never roll what you need. They should make the barriers to getting a perfect mod difficult but possible to get with enough investment. Don’t know how it’s done but maybe if you can slice a mod but it uses much more salvage but you can pick the stat
  • DavieJG
    112 posts Member
    They changed it so that blue mods didn't have the highest chance of best stats. However, I always thought this should have just been offset by the cost of mod salvage.

Thus you can buy a gold that gets you all rolls straight away or you can have a better chance, get 2 rolls but have to use mod resources to possibly get it better.

Now it just means anyone that farmed mods a lot prior to mods 2.0 has a big advantage. Whilst that was maybe fair in the days of arena where everyone had been playing for the same amount of time it's no longer true with the introduction of grand arena.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    The odds are the same. There's no better chance from lower colors.

A gold mod and a grey mod have the exact same chance to roll the secondary you want. The only difference is you have to spend slicing materials on the grey one.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Speed almost never hits high on mods that start Gold or Purple for me. My best mods have come from Blue mods bought, won as loot from events or farmed.
    Those sample sizes are considerably different. You will get a lot more blue mods than gold ones therefore you will see more blue mods with speed and consequently more blue mods rolling +speed a second time.

Maybe I should be more clear there for you. If a mod is gold or purple and has speed on it, the speed tends to not go up beyond 1 or 2 upgrades, which hits +4 more often than not. Have never had any luck with these types of mods, laws of averages.

If a blue mod has speed in the first slot I will level it. The 9th and 12th hits tend to roll plus 5 and 6. These get taken to 6E +15 or better speed secondaries.

If there is no speed on the mod I level it to 6 to unlock the hidden stat. I rarely take these to 15 since speed is not a common hidden stat.
    If there is no speed it’s sold. If it has low speed it goes on a low stat TW team.

I don’t bother with green or grey, they are just sold.

All stats have an equal chance to level, so it’s just rotten RNG and my perception bias.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Some of my best mods started grey or green. You're just hurting your chances by ignoring them.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Say it with me: R N G!

You're missing out if you don't level green mods. Can get +10-11 speed if it has speed and hits (2). Not to mention it doesn't take much salvage to then go to blue. You'll still have the SAME 1-in-4 chance of it going up to (3) that you would have of a blue level 9 mod hitting (3) once taken to level 12.

I'll slice the odd grey mod once I'm sitting on a stockpile of initial mod salvage, get plenty from raids and events.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Some of my best mods started grey or green. You're just hurting your chances by ignoring them.

Old green mods were guaranteed a speed upgrade so were at 9 or 10. That means you only need 2 out of the 3 slices to be successful to get a decent mod of 20 speed.

Even better for blue mods. Blue mods could have had say 14 secondary in the old days so only 1 out of 2 slices needed to get a good mod

Odds are much lower these days
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    This. The bigger the pool of mods you have to work with, the more likely you are to get lucky.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    You can still get the 9 or 10 speed greens. Just a lower chance when initially upgrading the levels.

You still need the same 2-3 successful slices to get it to +20.

It's why they warned anyone with a decent stash of mods to make sure they leveled them up before mods 2.0...
  • Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    This. The bigger the pool of mods you have to work with, the more likely you are to get lucky.

I sort of agree with this. The Square, Circle and Diamond shaped mods drop way more than the Cross and Triangle (Triangle is the most rare), so I don't stress about them at grey (insta Sold). I will level every grey triangle up and only grey crosses and arrows if they have the primary stat I'm looking for. All green and above mods get leveled until all secondaries have dropped on them and then I decide if I want to keep going or not....
  • BrashSchwartz
    556 posts Member
    edited May 2019

30vu7i.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • BrashSchwartz
    556 posts Member
    edited May 2019

30vu7i.jpg
  • I give up. Can’t post the meme I made. It was Data saying he supported this.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Old green mods were guaranteed a speed upgrade so were at 9 or 10. That means you only need 2 out of the 3 slices to be successful to get a decent mod of 20 speed.

Even better for blue mods. Blue mods could have had say 14 secondary in the old days so only 1 out of 2 slices needed to get a good mod

What?

You couldn't slice green mods before. There was no such thing as slicing. The green was guaranteed to bump a secondary one time, and that's it.

There's no such thing as a green 1.0 mod with +20 speed, unless you farmed it in the crossover period between 1.0 and 2.0 and then sliced it.

Odds are not much lower these days.
  • TVF wrote: »

What?

You couldn't slice green mods before. There was no such thing as slicing. The green was guaranteed to bump a secondary one time, and that's it.

There's no such thing as a green 1.0 mod with +20 speed, unless you farmed it in the crossover period between 1.0 and 2.0 and then sliced it.

Odds are not much lower these days.

Old days:
    Pick up a green L1 mod with 5 speed secondary = 100% chance to get speed increase by levelling. Say to 10. Then under mods 2.0 you have 3 slice opportunities and only 2 are needed to get a good mod (around 20 secondary)

Today:
    Green L1 mod with 5 speed secondary. 25% chance to get a 10 speed secondary by levelling. Then the same slicing odds as above

100% chance down to 25% is s big drop
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You can't say it's worse and then use 1.0 mods you carried into 2.0 as your example.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    This week for speed mods
    208 sliced mods
    X1 +14 highest
    X5 +10

X0 +10

Miss mod 1.0 days of a guaranteed role for 1 stat mods.

So many wasted resources to roll on mods that never roll the 1 resource we...speed.

Wish it would go away or we could have a help a speed roll program, 10 rolls and u get 1 full roll guaranteed.

X0 + 10. Quick maths
  • DavieJG
    112 posts Member
    You can't say it's worse and then use 1.0 mods you carried into 2.0 as your example.

Of course you can. All of my best mods are blue/greens leveled during 1.0 and sliced during 2.0. Anyone I fight in GA that didn't farm mods as much as me during 1.0 is at a massive statistical advantage to ever match my mods.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    I don't care much about basic misunderstanding of the nature of statistics and how mods 2.0 effected the outcome.

Here's what happened for me. At the beginning of GA launch I decided to improve my mods beyond arena needs. At that point I had 150M credits and 80M ship credits to burn through. Since then I have also been using 50*3 most days to improve my mods. I had right below 100 10+ speed secondary mods. Here's where I am now. ufcmx35k7pxj.png

• No_Try wrote: »
    I don't care much about basic misunderstanding of the nature of statistics and how mods 2.0 effected the outcome.

Here's what happened for me. At the beginning of GA launch I decided to improve my mods beyond arena needs. At that point I had 150M credits and 80M ship credits to burn through. Since then I have also been using 50*3 most days to improve my mods. I had right below 100 10+ speed secondary mods. Here's where I am now. ufcmx35k7pxj.png

This is the problem. No_Try has invested substantial time and resources over a long period yet another player could in theory come along and beat this by getting a plus 25 speed mod in one roll of the challenge. They should make it much more certain of what mods are achievable. If everyone started getting high speed mods in would even out. Make it that you can pick secondaries but it costs way way more salvage. The people at the tops Investment is still protected because it’ll cost a huge amount to get them. Then if two characters with same speed come up against each other 50/50 chance of going first. I would be happy with this
  • The statistics behind getting a pure speed mod if it was a gold showing speed is 0.10% for it to role speed 5 times so if you had 1000 gold mods showing speed and you rolled them all statistically 1 of them rounded up would = a pure speed mod. This is crazy !