Will Malak return?

Replies

• StarSon wrote: »
    Didn't they say that Malak would go to a store after getting him to 5*?

What they said was:
    Darth Malak shards will appear in the Guild Event Store when you unlock Darth Malak at Five Stars.

And that's what happened. If you beat both battles, you were able to finish him from the GET store. Doesn't mean that's how it will stay. I go back and forth with myself, between the event will return, and the event won't return. If it doesn't return, they would just allow everyone to buy him from that store (is my personal theory).

My point is that if you are able to buy them from the store after unlocking him, that the event will return. How would one unlock him to be able to purchase shards in the store if they don't appear until after he is unlocked.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

What they said was:
    Darth Malak shards will appear in the Guild Event Store when you unlock Darth Malak at Five Stars.

And that's what happened. If you beat both battles, you were able to finish him from the GET store. Doesn't mean that's how it will stay. I go back and forth with myself, between the event will return, and the event won't return. If it doesn't return, they would just allow everyone to buy him from that store (is my personal theory).

My point is that if you are able to buy them from the store after unlocking him, that the event will return. How would one unlock him to be able to purchase shards in the store if they don't appear until after he is unlocked.

And like I said, just because that's how it was the first time, doesn't mean it has to stay that way. Nothing keeping them from removing the restriction and allowing everyone to start buying him.

But, it would be a little weird for them to put the effort into the event and only use it once.
  • There are achievements in-game for completing the Star Forge event. It's clearly going to return. Why is this even a discussion?
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    Dagonsith wrote: »
    He's a Sith Lord, he shall do as he pleases

He's not a wizard.

He's better than a wizard. He's a SPACE WIZARD

This thread is so wizard.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 8gru0rh6imxs.png
    etycramvx5ww.png
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Oh no it's another 12 Days of Spring achievement!
  • Calagon
    80 posts Member
    Yep. Malak's coming back, and he's coming back tomorrow. Buy crystals.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Oh no it's another 12 Days of Spring achievement!

You're welcome to disagree, but you've offered no evidence or compelling logic as to why this event wouldn't follow the same pattern as all other of the character release events.

CG isn't known for their altruism or generosity, so I don't know why anyone here would believe the character would become *more* accessible by going directly to the GEC store. And while it's possible the cadence or the event length may differ on future iterations, it's also highly unlikely they would spend development time programming and creating art assets for the Star Forge event only to never use it again.

I mean it's technically possible they will defy all past precedent and do something different, but it's also possible that game will shut down, or an asteroid will hit the Earth, or the entire development team and user base will die of a new strain of bird flu. Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's terribly likely...

If you don't have anything cogent to say, feel free to return to whatever bridge or cave from whence you came.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    ssj4tim wrote: »
    I realize there are some free to play players because they actually geared and leveled the toons before hand

Also wrong.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

What they said was:

And like I said, just because that's how it was the first time, doesn't mean it has to stay that way. Nothing keeping them from removing the restriction and allowing everyone to start buying him.

But, it would be a little weird for them to put the effort into the event and only use it once.

exactly what I was trying to say. Have they ever released a character in an event and only used said event once?
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    BeralCator wrote: »

If you don't have anything cogent to say, feel free to return to whatever bridge or cave from whence you came.

For making a joke about unachievable achievements?
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Obviously he will be coming back. Since he was technically a new type of event, there is no precedent but the normal 90-100 day first return period for legendaries and journey characters is a safe bet.
  • I am ready for him to come back so bring him back today cg!
  • Fives5555
    331 posts Member
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Don't think so. It was a one time thing... they know he ended up way too OP, so they won't risk more players getting him. I also heard, that players who got Malak the first time, will be moved to seperate arena shards to give other players a chance.

Pretty sure they’ve said they’ll never mix up arena shards
  • Liath wrote: »
    I realize there are some free to play players because they actually geared and leveled the toons before hand

Also wrong.

Why is he wrong. CG even came out with the stats on how many F2P Malak there are out there.
  • JVU420
    429 posts Member
    August
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Also wrong.

Why is he wrong. CG even came out with the stats on how many F2P Malak there are out there.

The wrong part is the assumption that this could only be done by people who “actually geared and leveled the toons before hand.”
  • He will be back. There eventually will be whales who now can get him
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    Amazing conspiracy theories.... deep they are.... and funny they can be :).

Yes.... sure he will be back.... short time after the return of DRevan event....but please keep the thing going.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    He will be back. Sad news is by the time he comes back and gets 7* he will no longer be what he is now. Welcome to Star Wars Galaxy of Fast Changing Metas.

Idk JKR was meta for longer than most peoples relationships so, we still gotta wait 3 months and 4 days.
  • He will come back just in time for his reign to be over. Just ask Jedi Knight Revan.
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member

Also wrong.

The wrong part is the assumption that this could only be done by people who “actually geared and leveled the toons before hand.”

If they didn't gear and level them before hand, how on Earth do you propose f2p players got it? There was no way you could grind all that gear for free in the time period they gave you.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Also wrong.

If they didn't gear and level them before hand, how on Earth do you propose f2p players got it? There was no way you could grind all that gear for free in the time period they gave you.

Crystal and/or gear stash.
  • ssj4tim wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah he's not returning like all the other similar whale only toons we've had so far like:

Commander Luke Skywalker
    Jedi Training Rey
    Jedi Knight Revan
    Darth Revan

Those are not whale toons, those were toons that people were given plenty of time to farm. Malak was made specifically for people that were willing to spend money. I realize there are some free to play players because they actually geared and leveled the toons before hand, but by putting a power level minimum on a toon to even participate in an event and requiring 10 toons including 2 unlocks to participate instead of the normal 5. Not to mention CG has mentioned that he was a "reward" for those that were willing to pay for him.... This was a unique event, NOT a normal legendary or journey event.

You clearly dont remember those toons arrivals then.

JTR required both geriatrics to aquire. Both wereonly purchase until the week before JTR event. Then they were both 9 cantina.there is zero math where that made JTR free first round
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Also wrong.

You seem to have missed the concept of hoarding.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah he's not returning like all the other similar whale only toons we've had so far like:

Commander Luke Skywalker
    Jedi Training Rey
    Jedi Knight Revan
    Darth Revan

Those are not whale toons, those were toons that people were given plenty of time to farm. Malak was made specifically for people that were willing to spend money. I realize there are some free to play players because they actually geared and leveled the toons before hand, but by putting a power level minimum on a toon to even participate in an event and requiring 10 toons including 2 unlocks to participate instead of the normal 5. Not to mention CG has mentioned that he was a "reward" for those that were willing to pay for him.... This was a unique event, NOT a normal legendary or journey event.

You clearly dont remember those toons arrivals then.

JTR required both geriatrics to aquire. Both wereonly purchase until the week before JTR event. Then they were both 9 cantina.there is zero math where that made JTR free first round

It wasn’t the week before, it was 3 weeks before. But they hadn’t announced the event requirements yet so you had to be paying enough attention to predict the structure of the event.
  • Mirotic
    51 posts Member
    I've been informed by top men that he isnt returning to the game.
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    He was one time only. That was it.