Why AA Squad with zVentress in HAAT? Viva la Resistance!

Prev1
DuneSeaFarmer
3525 posts Member
edited July 2019
Sure there are newer squads, but you just can't deny, zVentress is fun once she builds up enough Offense. I ran mine for grins in p4 only to watch her drop the tank and droids in one attack :)

imc75rxgk8s0.png
oj6z3fcec6j8.png
Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on

Replies

• yeah it's a fun team. been running it myself since last summer. can get through part of phase 2, and all of phase 3 and 4 and just love it when her aoe takes everything out :)
  • Delvorin wrote: »
    yeah it's a fun team. been running it myself since last summer. can get through part of phase 2, and all of phase 3 and 4 and just love it when her aoe takes everything out :)

Yep :)
  • Agreed. It is a thing of beauty once she gets ramped up. I don't use this squad anymore but I did enjoy the kitten out of it when I did.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Young Han is similarly fun. He maintains his Offense boost across phases (versus Ventress who resets at each phase), so phase 4 dies super quickly.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Young Han is similarly fun. He maintains his Offense boost across phases (versus Ventress who resets at each phase), so phase 4 dies super quickly.

O.o? Can he match zV's damage output?
  • 700k+ on a Crit? I'd say so.
  • Has anyone used Carth instead? That seems like an interesting prospect
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    700k+ on a Crit? I'd say so.

zVent's main plus is her Offense + AOE. But on a single target.. Hmmmmm
  • Young Han can absolutely smash HAAT. You can do a full solo with him (and others of course). The tricky part is getting through P1 as slowly as you can without hitting enrage, so that you have enough offense for P2. After P2 it is easy street.
  • dowc50ugsl6x.png

P4, just never gets old lol
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    @DuneSeaFarmer what are your mods on Asajj? I just swapped from a CD to offense set to see if it would ramp up faster. Almost exactly the same speed (within +/-2). Last HAAT I didn't see over 200k on her basic which I used to see with the CD set. Still cleared it easily though. She's only around 175 speed which isn't much but it's what I got lying around.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/characters/asajj-ventress

I forget I have swgoh.gg lol

I think they fiddled with HAAT since it is linked to STR, same loot table etc..

• Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Very similar then. I guess speed wouldn't ramp up damage, it's the amount of topples. She needs deaths to ramp up, duh Vendi...

ss8pm1lzte3f.png

I find P3 is a slog if your team is modded fast. The B2 only calls adds like twice for me and Asajj doesn't get very high dmg. Takes forever.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    I am looking forward to getting JKR this month and playing with him in raids. I put mods from Han Solo on Vent and it made only a little difference.

https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/characters/han-solo
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • P1 HAAT

7dtv2skaw6y2.png

CLS escaped for AA squad use later :)

• 64055ziklobm.png

P3/P4 :)
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Solid work. Congrats!

Here's my P2 FO squad. Trying to get FOX's speed up a bit to see if I can solo the phase:

ratqg089p692.png

9pcngjmm5fjf.png

• Very nice! I tried my RJT squad with Finn instead of RT. Almost finished P2. Had like 10% left. Will try again see if I do better next time. With topple buffs and Bb8's buff Finn's 3rd skill was hitting fir 120k per shot after building enough offense.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    That last screenshot there, Executioner was hitting 245k+ on his special and about 160 ish on basic. Just need him faster and I'll clear the phase. He had so much stacked health he could survive the tank coming out of topple and hitting him twice. If I time it right so his special is off cooldown he can topple the tank in 3 successive turns while it's enraged.
  • k4c6al4ukjgw.png

Just a cool screen of zVentress' s attack. :)
  • I'm on the brink of 7* ventress, and need to gear and abmat her and BB8. I have CLS g9, zzthrawn g10, and AA g9. What gear lvl does ABC squad start to work in hAAT?
    My guild doing our first realistic try at the moment. A couple of revans did for P1 and I'm holding my FO for P4.
    We're 4% remaining on P2, but some bad rng lost me CLS, zbas, Hera, and a few others... now I'm out of toons who can topple, but thinking ABC for next time around
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I'm on the brink of 7* ventress, and need to gear and abmat her and BB8. I have CLS g9, zzthrawn g10, and AA g9. What gear lvl does ABC squad start to work in hAAT?
    My guild doing our first realistic try at the moment. A couple of revans did for P1 and I'm holding my FO for P4.
    We're 4% remaining on P2, but some bad rng lost me CLS, zbas, Hera, and a few others... now I'm out of toons who can topple, but thinking ABC for next time around

This should help: https://swgoh.gg/squads/135299/

Obviously g12 is best but g11 can work with good mods. Take a look at the link above.

Organize your best member squads. Phase 1 can be taken down using Kylo Ren with a zeta, g11 minimum. You have to practice escaping before he hits enrage. 100k to 200k max each run by multiple members can chip away at it. IF you have a member with a zzzCLS and zHan Solo (Raid Han) they can duo and clear phase 1. Keep in mind they need to escape luke if they plan to use a AA squad in phase 3 and 4.

We're putting together web pages with help for our alliance, feel free to check it out, it may help you. Best of luck! http://greyarea51.freeforums.net/board/28/haat
  • Thanks.
    Phase 1 went ok with a few revans, but we've stalled a bit in P3. I've got FO left (g12 zzKru, g12zkr, g9 or so for phas, FOST, foo, foex, fotfp). They're good in P4 but not making any real headway in P3 - too much time ability blocked
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    If you get tenacity down on the main Droid, use Executioner special and FOO second special to keep removing his TM as often as you can. Try to not hit him much with the others. You won't do a solo but you can put a big dent.

If you have FOST instead of FOTP you can solo P4 with First Order.

However, what I use:

P1 - Dathcha, CLS, Raid Han: escaped CLS as soon as you are down around 30%. Then let the other two do as much more as they can until death. G9-10 with really good mods, g10-11 with OK mods.

P2 - KRU, Kylo, FOST, FOO, FOE - can do about 80-90% of the phase. About 18 million. G11+

P3&4 - ABC: as long as you escaped CLS. With even halfway decent mods you can pull it off between G10-11 on all.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    Ideal mods for ABC

Ackbar - 6x health with at least +50-60 speed. Protection on circle, cross and triangle. 30,000+ protection goal. He can heal his health but can't Regen protection.

Thrawn - 4x speed, 2x anything, go for maximum speed. Ideally +80 or more. Protection on circle, cross and triangle. 25,000+ protection goal.

BB8 - 4x speed, 2x anything, go for maximum speed. Same as Thrawn, +80 or more. I use health on circle and triangle, protection on cross but that's more for P1 STR and I don't like moving mods. 25,000+ protection goal. He'll dodge a bunch so his doesn't need to be as high.

Asajj - 4x CD or 4x offense, 2x health. As much flat # offense you can find, with ideally +60 or more speed. CD triangle, offense cross, protection or health circle. She'll stack so much health it doesn't matter which one the circle is.

CLS - just go for super high speed. He's your primary TM removal for P3. The faster he is the easier and faster the phase goes by.

Once you have the mods set up, it's all about figuring out the mechanics.

The biggest gotcha:

Don't use Fracture after Ackbar used Tactical Genius. It'll waste the Fracture completely. Just use Thrawn's basic and try to time TG so BB8 can use Covert Data Transfer twice in a row.

Second biggest:

Asajj will be using her basic almost all the time, so make sure every time it's off cooldown you use her healing move even if she doesn't need it. It will refresh her Secret Intel buff so the cannon (P3) or air strike (p4) don't take her out in one shot.

Thrawn is your primary healer, pass turns to whoever lost protection from a big hit from the cannon.
  • ImalaAnhala
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I just love to go with nightsister in every raid.
    Ventress lead made it possible for me to solo HPit
    I can get first in STR6 because of Nightsisters deathstorm in p3 and Turn Meter Train in p4
    HAAT is just as lovely with soloing most of it.

It is possible to solo p2-p4 all the way with deathstorm tactic. Just get two nightsisters to die in p2 as soon as possible and then try to deal damage to the main turret till shortly before it gets a turn and then topple it with ventress AOE. This gives enough damage output to solo p2 all the way with maybe one or two turns into enrage but thats bearable because of the massive health of daka and ventress.
    P3 is tedious because you have to deal 80% damage in enrage but the most important point is only to ever keep the sidekicks alive to revive daka or ventress and the third nightsister.
    P4 is a piece of cake with deathstorm.
  • I just love to go with nightsister in every raid.
    Ventress lead made it possible for me to solo HPit
    I can get first in STR6 because of Nightsisters deathstorm in p3 and Turn Meter Train in p4
    HAAT is just as lovely with soloing most of it.

It is possible to solo p2-p4 all the way with deathstorm tactic. Just get two nightsisters to die in p2 as soon as possible and then try to deal damage to the main turret till shortly before it gets a turn and then topple it with ventress AOE. This gives enough damage output to solo p2 all the way with maybe one or two turns into enrage but thats bearable because of the massive health of daka and ventress.
    P3 is tedious because you have to deal 80% damage in enrage but the most important point is only to ever keep the sidekicks alive to revive daka or ventress and the third nightsister.
    P4 is a piece of cake with deathstorm.

No, P3/P4 require a positive buff on each member when cannon fires (P3), or airstrike (P4) hits. No way to keep them buffed as needed?
  • 73bp3cf2b1d0.png

Had to return to share this.. Full clear of P2, P3, P4 :)

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited June 2019
    I put CLS in for R2 and clear the whole thing. I find P1 difficult without enough TMR from CLS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    @DuneSeaFarmer that's awesome! Pretty easy run? I managed this a few HAATs ago but it's such a pain strategy to try and clear P1:

xblrc0fy8edu.png