TW make good

Prev13
OldBen
55 posts Member
Our Guild lost this TW because of the problems. They should have send first Rank Rewards to all 2nd places.

Replies

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    250 crystals is much better than the difference between first and second place rewards.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So... some guilds were compensated for the connection issue? 5 people (including myself) in my guild had battles crash. What is the criteria to be compensated? Just curious.
  • In the announcement they stated they will do regular 5v5 for some time. Does this meen this months 2 last TW will be changed?
  • OldBen
    55 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    250 crystals is much better than the difference between first and second place rewards.

250 crystals for EVERYBODY is no make up at all.

• JMG680
    83 posts Member
    OldBen wrote: »
    250 crystals for EVERYBODY is no make up at all.

How is it not, there was an issue that was game wide and CG is giving out compensation for everyone.
  • OldBen
    55 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Because it should be the same rewards for every guild this TW. Giving both guilds extra rewards does not compensate anything. It‘s just a nice present for everybody. We f.e. faced two Revan Walls in the front and lost a couple of our Revan counters in the first minutes of the TW. So we were not able to full clear later on. Our opponent only lost some ewok counters because of the bug. So they could still full clear when everything was fixed.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    And sending rank one rewards for everyone that came second isn't fair either. We lost counters to BH and FO. Still won. During the first couple of hours our opponent didn't act, why should they get extra rewards?

250 crystals to everyone is more than fair in my opinion.
  • Did everyone receive their 250?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Did everyone receive their 250?

Not yet. None of my guild has.

Same here. Glad that I'm not the only one.
  • Thank you.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Cancelling the ridiculous bonuses for awhile is reward enough!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Unfortunately there is absolutely no way for any one to guarantee the outcome would be different for the event had this not happened.

A blanket "make good" is the only way this should be done.
  • JMG680
    83 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is absolutely no way for any one to guarantee the outcome would be different for the event had this not happened.

This!
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    Cancelling the ridiculous bonuses for awhile is reward enough!

Han bonus was my favorite.
    Rex led clones annoying
    The droid one I had no idea what I was doing was just lucky it worked.

The silver lining here - devs are reading and listening. Even if you don’t agree with the outcome.

I’m always in the camp of - even if I don’t like something , other people do. That doesn’t mean just because I don’t like something it should be eradicated.

Again I applaud the attempts and the listening. Trying things is never a bad thing and imo is how something or someone grows.
  • PepsiAddict
    311 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Why not just give everyone 1/20th of a zeta? That’s what we’re playing TW for anyway.
    250 crystals? I can’t even call that “walking around money”.
    I don’t understand why CG is always stingy, and/or provides compensation that compensates nothing. Example: 10 MK5 Stun Gun Prototypes costs 260 crystals in weekly shipments.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Kyno wrote: »

A more fair compensation would have been to simply award all of the 2nd place guilds the difference in rewards between 2nd and 1st place, giving everyone 1st place rewards. That would simply nullify this unfair TW.
  • DocDoom
    532 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I think it would make sense to give all the second-place guilds rewards for first place, and for the ones that manage to come in first give them 250 crystals. That way everybody gets something and is better off than they would have been otherwise.

You know, as long as we're all offering opinions that will make no difference whatsoever.
  • DocDoom wrote: »
    I think it would make sense to give all the second-place guilds rewards for first place, and for the ones that manage to come in first give them 250 crystals. That way everybody gets something and is better off than they would have been otherwise.

You know, as long as we're all offering opinions that will make no difference whatsoever.

I’ll take your idea 1 step further: give second place teams 1st place rewards, AND give first place teams 2nd place rewards. 🤯
    That would not only make everyone equal, but tell players “we’re sorry if you experienced an inconvenience, and we appreciate you playing this game”.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Shaddes wrote: »
    I’m pretty confident that if zetas were purchasable via crystal they would cost way more then 250 crystals..

But they aren't. 250 crystals are worth more than 2k fleet currency.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I’m pretty confident that if zetas were purchasable via crystal they would cost way more then 250 crystals..

2k fleet currency - 5 batches of 5 shards, 25 total
    250 crystals - 5 cheap shards from shipments, or 3 expensive ones.
  • Nauros wrote: »

2k fleet currency equals 1 zeta mat , worth lot more than a measly 250 crystals. But keep trying to pound the cg drum. Its pathetic, no matter how you spin it 250 crystals is not worth more than even 1 zeta mat.
  • Plus add the current. we know ppl are cheating and we might do something in the future. shows just how much CG cares about the players, which is to say not at all.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

2k fleet currency equals 1 zeta mat , worth lot more than a measly 250 crystals. But keep trying to pound the cg drum. Its pathetic, no matter how you spin it 250 crystals is not worth more than even 1 zeta mat.

Wait what? I was just showing how 2k fleet currency is worth more than 250 crystals.
  • When are they sending out the crystals to everyone ? Or must we submit a ticket and perform a circus act
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Nauros wrote: »

Hey, if you need 25 SRP shards, be my guest.

Crystals are more valuable because of their flexibility. I can farm mods with them. I can farm or buy almost any shards I want, versus the limited selection in the fleet store. I can farm or buy almost any gear I want. I can refresh my arena battles and earn even more crystals.

The problem with a single zeta mat (or in this case, 2000 fleet currency) is what I can't do with it. Crystals give me a choice.

And more to the point, people complain because CG used to give out crystals for stuff like this, and then hadn't been doing it any more. So they finally do it, and people still complain. People always complain. This place is a very silly place.
  • Has anyone received the make good yet?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

A more fair compensation would have been to simply award all of the 2nd place guilds the difference in rewards between 2nd and 1st place, giving everyone 1st place rewards. That would simply nullify this unfair TW.

But how does that "make good" for the players who were effected by this but still won?

• Lio
    1003 posts Member

But how does that "make good" for the players who were effected by this but still won?

This ^

We had people in our guild who were affected, I'm not sure if the opposing guild did too, and we managed to win. It was neck-and-neck but we won and it was a really fun TW. If CG were to simply give both 1st place, I'm not sure my guildmates would like that.