Payout System Improvement

Jubba
2 posts Member
The payout system that you use now, binds a lot of players who want to be competitive to always play at the same time of day to get to the payout in the best possible position. This however makes it impossible for many players who cannot play at the same time of day to give up the competition. Wouldn't it be better to adopt a system that gives everyone every day the opportunity to choose their payout?! An excellent system could be that the best position reached in the day will be your placement. Giving anyone the chance to climb the ranking at any time of the day depending on their needs.

Replies

• Well there already is an implemented solution from those players. Now you're able to select when you receive your payout. Though I am a little confused as to what you mean by "choose their payout". So I don't think it is necessary to make any changes at the moment. And yes it is unfortunate some players don't play at the same time the majority of the other players do, but that's what makes SA competitive and rewarding.
  • Though I do like your idea
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Zaxtus wrote: »
    Well there already is an implemented solution from those players. Now you're able to select when you receive your payout. Though I am a little confused as to what you mean by "choose their payout". So I don't think it is necessary to make any changes at the moment. And yes it is unfortunate some players don't play at the same time the majority of the other players do, but that's what makes SA competitive and rewarding.

The OP wants to be able to change his payout time each day.

This sounds like a nightmare.
  • I read this as "the top position reached in a 24 hour period" and if that's correct I would also like this
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    Get rid of the crystals reward from arena and no one will have to bother with the bugged arena and the cheaters.

Arena is not fun ! It's not competitive or strategic it's just luck of the mods !

Top 50 = 49 Drevan.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Jubba wrote: »
    An excellent system could be that the best position reached in the day will be your placement. Giving anyone the chance to climb the ranking at any time of the day depending on their needs.

So, potentially everyone within top-100 could potentially climb to rank 1 and claim 500 crystals everyday, if they would invest the time to do so. Everyone would have more crystals paid out (not only rank 1 rewards). How do you suggest that CG should handle this huge increase in free crystal gains?

• Lonach
    87 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    So, potentially everyone within top-100 could potentially climb to rank 1 and claim 500 crystals everyday, if they would invest the time to do so. Everyone would have more crystals paid out (not only rank 1 rewards). How do you suggest that CG should handle this huge increase in free crystal gains?

Simple do a league system with diffrent Tier and diminish the reward from 500 to 100 but spread out to all tier. And do it not daily but weekly. In the end same amount of crystal for CG and far more interesting.

And get away with the 5 fights per day !
  • Jubba
    2 posts Member
    An excellent system could be that the best position reached in the day will be your placement. Giving anyone the chance to climb the ranking at any time of the day depending on their needs.

I arrive within the 5th position in the fleet and within the 50th in the arena and the gems never sufficient. . So I don't think it will be that the problem given the amount of farmable characters
  • Jubba
    2 posts Member
    Zaxtus wrote: »
    Well there already is an implemented solution from those players. Now you're able to select when you receive your payout. Though I am a little confused as to what you mean by "choose their payout". So I don't think it is necessary to make any changes at the moment. And yes it is unfortunate some players don't play at the same time the majority of the other players do, but that's what makes SA competitive and rewarding.

Now you can change your payout 2 times in a year, but when you play for the first few positions you are forced to gamble at least one hour before the payout so that you don't get too depressed when you arrive at the final payout. But you are forced to play at that time of day. If that hour was only the hour of the rewards and kept good the best position reached in the day, would be much less binding
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member

I arrive within the 5th position in the fleet and within the 50th in the arena and the gems never sufficient. . So I don't think it will be that the problem given the amount of farmable characters

Just because you don't think it will be a problem doesn't mean CG won't. Their data shows them exactly how many crystals are introduced into the economy through arena payouts every day. Their data also shows them exactly how fast players collect gear and shards. Your proposed change would increase the number of crystals introduced into the economy and reduce the time it takes an average player to collect gear and shards. After 3 years of looking at the data, I don't think this is a change CG is interested in. How do I know? Because:

WhatIth: Will either arena ever be reworked?
    [NR] Not sure what the question is asking. If the question is will the actual structure of Arena or Fleet Arena be changed (rank swap, payout times, shard sizes, etc) the answer is no.

Also:
    Dr_Alan_Grant: Is there any thought about having a players highest rank throughout the day count for their payout?
    [NR] The answer is no. This sort of system ultimately doesn't reward the play pattern we believe drives competition, which is players should battle for the top spot at a specific payout time. This also likely facilitates collusion behavior that we think is detrimental to the game.

Both from: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/165536/live-q-amp-a-w-dev-team-4-6-18/p1