TW make good

Replies

• BeralCator
    790 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is absolutely no way for any one to guarantee the outcome would be different for the event had this not happened.

A blanket "make good" is the only way this should be done.

A more fair compensation would have been to simply award all of the 2nd place guilds the difference in rewards between 2nd and 1st place, giving everyone 1st place rewards. That would simply nullify this unfair TW.

But how does that "make good" for the players who were effected by this but still won?

A blanket "make good" is the least equitable and most poorly reasoned way this should have been done.
    If you won, you weren't adversely affected by the issue (other than some mild annoyance about losing a team).

My guild won by 6 points, and while I appreciate 250 crystals, I don't see why we should get anything. Winning by 16 or 26 points wouldn't have netted us any additional rewards.

The only people who were actually adversely affected were guilds who lost by a small number of points or were unable to clear a territory because the server issue burned their counter teams. A more logical solution would have been to find all the guilds that lost by a slim margin (say ~1500 points) and give them the difference between 1st and 2nd place.

However that would actually require effort on behalf of the developers so it was probably immediately discarded as a solution, because it would have cut into their lunch break or something.
  • We had players impacted by this but still won also.

No matter what CG does for an unexpected issue, it will never be enough for some. Eventually the attempts to "make good" will go away because of this. Why bother if people are going to complain about it the extra stuff in addition to complaining about the issue that happened in the first place?
  • BamWrath
    242 posts Member
    if the crystals were givin, we did not get? Sorry if I missed something.
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb does "Original 5v5" format also mean no buffs or just no 3v3? Just want to clarify. It looks like it means no more buffed wars for the foreseeable future but I just want to make sure.

Thanks.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    BamWrath wrote: »

They have not gone out yet.
  • BamWrath
    242 posts Member
    BamWrath wrote: »

They have not gone out yet.

Thanks!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Unfortunately there is absolutely no way for any one to guarantee the outcome would be different for the event had this not happened.

A more fair compensation would have been to simply award all of the 2nd place guilds the difference in rewards between 2nd and 1st place, giving everyone 1st place rewards. That would simply nullify this unfair TW.

But how does that "make good" for the players who were effected by this but still won?

A blanket "make good" is the least equitable and most poorly reasoned way this should have been done.
    If you won, you weren't adversely affected by the issue (other than some mild annoyance about losing a team).

My guild won by 6 points, and while I appreciate 250 crystals, I don't see why we should get anything. Winning by 16 or 26 points wouldn't have netted us any additional rewards.

The only people who were actually adversely affected were guilds who lost by a small number of points or were unable to clear a territory because the server issue burned their counter teams. A more logical solution would have been to find all the guilds that lost by a slim margin (say ~1500 points) and give them the difference between 1st and 2nd place.

However that would actually require effort on behalf of the developers so it was probably immediately discarded as a solution, because it would have cut into their lunch break or something.

For several different reasons this is the best case to "make good"

Players are affected in different ways
    Players feel differently about how they were affected

From the other side
    Cost benefit of how much effort it takes to tailor the "make good" to try and satisfy the players base. Dumping man hours into specifically suiting each subset of players effected doesn't always make sense or make the situation better.

It is 100% impossible for anyone to say that "the people who were actually affected are X", you cannot prove who would have won or lost in the end of an event like this with so many moving pieces.

The more specific they try to tailor the rewards to each player, the more people will complain they think they should have gotten X. This would be compounded by the work they would have to put in, which personally I would rather see put into fixing the root cause not the bandaid.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »

While I agree that it would be the most equitable solution, things never go that way.
    In reality it is nearly impossible to determine specifically who lost because of the outage and who didn’t. It would be extremely resource intensive to identify the potential guilds and would also require some level of guess work to decide if a guild was or wasn’t affected enough to cost them the win. (“Hmm, guild A lost 3 DR teams due to the bug while guild B lost 10 JKR teams...was that enough to swing the battle?”).
    A blanket “sorry we screwed up again” is really the only possible option here.

My concern is more around the fact that these bugs happen at all, as they seem to be more and more frequent. Really, there should almost be a “punitive” aspect to this. Like if they gave everyone something significant that players otherwise would have spent resources on (like several thousand crystals, or even shards for the latest cash cow toon or something major, something that could impact their own bottom line).

If they committed to something like this, I bet that the developers would also commit to testing their product before sending it out. Rather than having “more traffic than expected” at the start of a guild event, they would ensure that their servers were ready for the demand (which, let’s be honest here, they are totally capable of anticipating).
    Getting the apology rewards would be an extremely rare occurrence (preferably never) but the game would actually work properly.

As an example: Many retail stores have a policy where if an item is incorrectly priced or advertised, they have to honor that price. That incentivizes them to get it right and it means that they can’t profit from “honest mistakes”. As a result, the number of pricing errors goes way down as the store doesn’t want to lose money.

As it stands, 250 crystals it like a store saying “Sorry we overcharged you for that stereo. Here’s a free cookie to help offset it”.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    They used to give cookies, and then they started only giving crumbs. They give a cookie for the first time in a long time, and people get mad because they didn't get 10 cookies.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    And to be clear, I don’t want more “make good” stuff. I want less - as in for it to never happen.

I’d be fine with them making a large charity donation when they release poorly designed/buggy content. Just something that makes it “sting” a bit to incentivize them to fix it first.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Anything is better than chatting with someone from Sri Lanka for 3 hours and no matter what you type you get pre loaded blah blah blah messages.

We won our war would have won no matter what glitch happened.

I think people who lost will enjoy the crystals.... at the same time I think many of them "might" want a single zeta mat instead seeing as a lot of people only enjoy TW for the zetas...

Either way a make good is great and 1000x better than dealing with the most horrible support system ever.
  • Well they can see the time stamp of when the problems were and go back and see where the banner issues happened. It’s just a lazy attempt to penalize guilds that were very close in banners and not give both guilds first place.
  • TVF wrote: »
    They used to give cookies, and then they started only giving crumbs. They give a cookie for the first time in a long time, and people get mad because they didn't get 10 cookies.

Except 2 years ago 250 crystals meant something. Getting a few salvage pieces at this point in the game is pretty useless. You couldn't even use it to get one character one piece of gear, so please with the, they gave us something. Keep your crystals ill take the one zeta mat , worth much more than 250 crystals every day of the week. Lastly again coming on the backs of the known cheater issue in TW/GA, it just shows, they really don't care.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    TVF wrote: »

Except 2 years ago 250 crystals meant something. Getting a few salvage pieces at this point in the game is pretty useless. You couldn't even use it to get one character one piece of gear, so please with the, they gave us something. Keep your crystals ill take the one zeta mat , worth much more than 250 crystals every day of the week. Lastly again coming on the backs of the known cheater issue in TW/GA, it just shows, they really don't care.

Agreed. For those that won their TW because they started later than the glitch of course don’t want the other guilds who lost because of the glitch get rewards. If we won because of the glitch we would want the other guild to get first place too.

At the end of the day, this is the fault of the game crashing. Stuff happens. But 250 crystals for a Zeta Mat ain’t even close. If that’s the case let me buy 4 for 1000 crystals because I’ll do that every day.

See the point?
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    According to EA help there is no connection issue in this game. It‘s all on your device.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    I agree that 250 crystals is a bit low, but giving out full TW rewards was never going to happen, and would be wrong to the guilds that won thiers, if you lost TW was most likely to do with reaction time to stop guild attacking just as much as the game issues
  • OldBen
    55 posts Member
    edited May 2019

In my eyes the first part of your msg is 100% true. But i think your conclusion is 100% wrong. If a TW is affected by a bug like this it should either be cancelled or not count and everybody should get 1st rank rewards. That is the only way this should be done. Period.

*250crystals on top for all players would then be a reasonable make good for the inconvenience everybody had that participated in this TW.
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    OldBen wrote: »

In my eyes the first part of your msg is 100% true. But i think your conclusion is 100% wrong. If a TW is affected by a bug like this it should either be cancelled or not count and everybody should get 1st rank rewards. That is the only way this should be done. Period.

*250crystals on top for all players would then be a reasonable make good for the inconvenience everybody had that participated in this TW.

The already full calender would not have room for such a thing, without a knock on somewhere else
  • Dropper
    110 posts Member
    Most guild lost TW as were going too anyway, or were too slow to react, move on already its one ZETA in a pond of many many..........
  • Dnoff423
    403 posts Member
    Dnoff423 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb does "Original 5v5" format also mean no buffs or just no 3v3? Just want to clarify. It looks like it means no more buffed wars for the foreseeable future but I just want to make sure.

Thanks.

Any answer to this question anywhere yet?
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    So did they just decide to make good by not giving anyone crystals? Lol
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    30z894.jpg
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    And sending rank one rewards for everyone that came second isn't fair either. We lost counters to BH and FO. Still won. During the first couple of hours our opponent didn't act, why should they get extra rewards?

250 crystals to everyone is more than fair in my opinion.

You could have faced a guild from a later time zone so they all could have been asleep.
    That would make sense why they didn’t attack same time as your guild.
  • Gems gems gems gems, he wants some gems, she wants some gems, we want some gems, they want some gems.. gems gems gems..
  • Gems gems gems gems, he wants some gems, she wants some gems, we want some gems, they want some gems.. gems gems gems..

I feel like this is spam in disguise.

csz3or1j5vpm.jpeg

• I didn't even get those 250 crystals, anyone else not receiving theirs?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    The makegood is likely to come out alongside the Nute and Dooku reworks. Could be tomorrow, could be next week. Could be Friday alongside a sudden nerf of somebody.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"