ifeul65ckx8k.gif

UNIT NAME: Nute Gunray
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Support, Leader, Scoundrel, Separatist
Separatist Support who specializes in sabotaging enemy strategies

Changes Highlighted in Green

ABILITIES:

Basic: Hard Bargain
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target had Extortion, reduce the cooldown of Motivate by 1
dgi5tjjuvwnh.gif

Special 1: Dubious Dealings (Cooldown 2)
FINAL TEXT: Grant the Extortion ability to target enemy. If they already had Extortion, grant it to the weakest enemy that does not have it. Then, inflict Speed Down on all enemies for 2 turns and deal 20% Max Health damage to enemies with Extortion, which can't be evaded. Enemies who use Extortion grant Profit to allied Separatists.

Extortion: Remove Extortion, recover 10% Health, and grant Separatist enemies Profit.

Profit: +10% Critical Chance and Critical Damage per stack (max 50%) until the end of battle

vy73276m3qww.gif

Special 2: Motivate (Cooldown 4)
Dispel all buffs on target enemy and increase their cooldowns by 1, which can't be evaded. If the target had Extortion, call all other Separatist allies to assist.
l53pifjij5qw.gif

Leader: Backroom Subterfuge
FINAL TEXT: Separatist allies have +15% Speed and Potency for each enemy with Extortion. While Nute Gunray is alive, each enemy that ends their turn with Extortion dispels their own buffs and grants Extortion to another random enemy that doesn't have it.

Unique: Viceroy's Reach
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Whenever a Separatist ally inflicts a debuff, they also deal 5% Max Health damage to that enemy, which can't be evaded, and enemies with Extortion have -30% Speed and Offense.

The first time Nute Gunray is defeated, he is revived with 100% Health and Turn Meter. Every time Nute Gunray is revived, he Stealths for 2 turns.

SYNERGIES
vjhcg7v2j4lk.gif
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Pretty cool kit

I wonder if the AI keeps using extortion cleanse over all other abilities (Like Thrawn’s special). If so, this team would be amazing on offense

EDIT: Nute reviving is weird
  • Clash2Far
    179 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Not bad rework. His stats were really low though prior. Did those get buffed as well?

EDIT: Also, why not just remove the scoundrel tag if it's not going to matter at all?
    Post edited by Clash2Far on
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    This looks super interesting. Nute isn't worthy of such an awesome kit
  • Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    Looks different, I do really miss the days of toons having single sentence abilities
  • Interesting. Very interesting.
  • Wow. This is better than expected.
  • Strange. His Unique says "The first time Nute Gunray is defeated, he is revived with 100% Health and Turn Meter. Every time Nute Gunray is revived, he Stealths for 2 turns."

Does this mean he can be revived more than once?
  • As long as Nute cannot defeat JKA, otherwise it goes against canon lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVH88BjSuM
  • Hantal86
    217 posts Member
    Strange. His Unique says "The first time Nute Gunray is defeated, he is revived with 100% Health and Turn Meter. Every time Nute Gunray is revived, he Stealths for 2 turns."

Ewok elder, old daka
  • JediKnight_MarkRyan
    749 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    So many teams could kill Nute instantly with no pretaunt around. the revive is Probably just there to balance the game.
  • I've got only one question Now, Do we call him Nute Talzin or Mother Gunray ?
  • Hantal86 wrote: »
    Strange. His Unique says "The first time Nute Gunray is defeated, he is revived with 100% Health and Turn Meter. Every time Nute Gunray is revived, he Stealths for 2 turns."

Ewok elder, old daka

I was thinking more along the lines of an all separatist squad. I think it's just strange wording.
  • I've got only one question Now, Do we call him Nute Talzin or Mother Gunray ?

I think it's more like Nute Zombie after the first death.
  • Durango
    113 posts Member

There's several character that could revive him, such as Daka or Ewok Elder. I guess this is to cover such cases.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Got a feeling that the AI will royally screw up when playing against Nute, and possibly when playing as Nute as well. The Extortion mechanic begs for true PvP.
  • Jarvind
    3918 posts Member
    How will Extortion work vs. raid bosses? Or will it just not?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    As long as Nute cannot defeat JKA, otherwise it goes against canon lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVH88BjSuM

He calls him Vader, so you'll have to wait for Anakin's Hero's Fall/Villian's Journey event for that caveat to be needed. There's no Jedi knight in that clip!
  • Saneth
    13 posts Member
    It would be so cool to have these artworks as the ingame characters portraits. :)
  • How on earth have I never noticed Nute is a Duros until now? 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Now that’s an interesting kit... I don’t know if it works in practice but it really seems unique.
  • mikk207
    242 posts Member
    Hantal86 wrote: »

Ewok elder, old daka

I was thinking more along the lines of an all separatist squad. I think it's just strange wording.

there will be a new separatist, fish nute or something, with jolees abilities
  • After you win a battle with the newly reworked Nute Gunray
    gq7hoi5atehi.gif
  • Ugh can we please stop getting new status effects for every new rework or release. Its getting out of hand and becoming overly complicated to anyone who isnt a lawyer. Whats wrong with getting speed up or crit damage up?
  • Looks good. We’ll see how it plays
  • dogwelder79
    1459 posts Member
    So should we start gearing him for the next time the Padme Amigdalitis event comes? What is the best team without B1 and droideka now for that event?
  • Hmm isk if I’m glad or sad no one works with geos yet.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    mikk207 wrote: »
    Hantal86 wrote: »

Ewok elder, old daka

there will be a new separatist, fish nute or something, with jolees abilities

Rune Haako?
  • kjyftjxdg wrote: »
    Ugh can we please stop getting new status effects for every new rework or release. Its getting out of hand and becoming overly complicated to anyone who isnt a lawyer. Whats wrong with getting speed up or crit damage up?

Anyone else read this as "this is getting out of hand" in their heads?

3rmdo2.jpg