Rework Reveal: Count Dooku

Prev1345
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
8a9tcs8w9l8j.gif

UNIT NAME: Count Dooku
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Sith, Separatist, Attacker, Leader
Disciplined Separatist Attacker with high damage, counter attacks, and debuff capabilities

Changes Highlighted in Green

ABILITIES:

Basic: Hindering Press
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to attack again, doubled if the target is Galactic Republic. These attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Stun and Ability Block for 1 turn and can't be countered or evaded.
vw9la8xl4dd2.gif

Special 1: Force Lightning (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Shock the target enemy, deal Special damage, and Stun them for 1 turn. This attack has a 50% chance to Shock and Stun another random enemy, doubled if the target is Galactic Republic.
93p0b93hwrbk.gif

Special 2: Master of Makashi (Cooldown 3)
FINAL TEXT: Count Dooku dispels all debuffs from himself and gains Riposte for 2 turns. All non-Tank Separatist allies gain 15% Turn Meter and Stealth for 2 turns.

Riposte: Attacks out of turn ignore Protection; can't be copied

r858x6le7awm.gif

Leader: Nefarious Connections
FINAL TEXT: Separatist allies have +35% counter chance and gain 50% Tenacity the first time they are Stunned or Dazed. Whenever an enemy falls below 100% Health they inflict Tenacity Down and Healing Immunity for 2 turns on themselves, which can't be evaded or resisted, and all Separatist allies gain 10% Offense (stacking, max 50%).

Unique: Flawless Riposte
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Count Dooku has 100% counter chance. In addition, whenever he attacks outside of his turn, he deals 30% more damage, gains 15% Turn Meter, recovers 15% Protection, and gains Critical Hit Immunity for 1 turn.

SYNERGIES
snm9oi75tehl.gif

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Master of Makashi’s animation 🔥🔥
  • I hate Dooku. Now I have to hate Dooku more. Bummer I just spent a zeta on Padme, hope it wasn't in vain.
  • a2daj
    22 posts Member
    My accidental zeta finally fully realized?
  • Just finished off my galactic republic squ-oh.... OK
  • Yotommy
    94 posts Member
    Unique #2 "I've been looking forward to this" - Count Dooku says "I've been looking forward to this".
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I hate Dooku. Now I have to hate Dooku more. Bummer I just spent a zeta on Padme, hope it wasn't in vain.
    i have a zeta on dooku and it still feels lackluster with the 15% up (10% previously). He has a base protection of 20k so he’s not healing much (1000 more) and his total health and protection is 40k, very easy to DPS through.

They also decreased his TM gain (non-zeta)

I’m interested in seeing if his base stat values were upped tho
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I dunno about this whole hurting your own team thing that the separatists seems to have trending for them....
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    I am REALLY HAPPY with this rework. Guess i already know who is going to get a zeta after after i finish my last Old Republic char.
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I dunno about this whole hurting your own team thing that the separatists seems to have trending for them....

I don't see where Dooku hurts his own team.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited May 2019

The leader ability inflicts tenacity down and healing immunity on ENEMIES when an ENEMY falls below 100% health. The Seps get offense buff. I read it wrong the first time, too.

edit: quoted the wrong post, oops
  • fb2f06lg9min.gif
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Strange... you release a hard counter to a team that is not arena viable...
    Does it means there will be another galatic republic release or rework ?
  • Of course this is why they waited until after the Padme event to do reworks (or tune-ups) on Dooku and Nute.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    FINAL TEXT: Separatist allies have +35% counter chance and gain 50% Tenacity the first time they are Stunned or Dazed. Whenever an enemy falls below 100% Health they inflict Tenacity Down and Healing Immunity for 2 turns on themselves, which can't be evaded or resisted, and all Separatist allies gain 10% Offense (stacking, max 50%).

It is applied on the enemies not Dooku's separatists allies.
  • Lonach
    87 posts Member
    Then i'm glad they reworked Dooku :smiley: Otherwise he would be useless with such a focus on countering GR.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Drageero wrote: »

I don't see where Dooku hurts his own team.

Droideka looks like it's taking damage in the animation, but that's probably just a glitch.
  • KKatarn wrote: »

Yes, this. I’d imagine it’s phrased “inflicting...on themselves” to circumvent mechanics that might prevent the user from applying them to the enemy (CBM?)?
  • Well he keeps counter attacking, but the target keeps gaining 40% protection up each time for attacking out of turn. Probably not going to kill anything that way.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    Erebus2017 wrote: »
    Well he keeps counter attacking, but the target keeps gaining 40% protection up each time for attacking out of turn. Probably not going to kill anything that way.

His attacks out of turn ignore protection when he has riposte. Seems like a great way to kill something.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    I currently use Dooku on my Sith team, glad to see his rework doesn't really affect him there :)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Or maybe he doesn't keep attacking....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Agrivere wrote: »
    "FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to attack again, doubled if the target is Galactic Republic. These attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Stun and Ability Block for 1 turn and can't be countered or evaded."

So Dooku just keeps attacking a Galactic Republic target until it's dead? Seems legit.

Umm...yeah...is there some sort of cap missing in this ability description?
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    Agrivere wrote: »
    "FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to attack again, doubled if the target is Galactic Republic. These attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Stun and Ability Block for 1 turn and can't be countered or evaded."

So Dooku just keeps attacking a Galactic Republic target until it's dead? Seems legit.

They only note a cap if there isn't one. Compare Ezra and Greedo.
  • Master of Makashi’s animation is best. Nice rework.
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Agrivere wrote: »

edit: never mind, misunderstood what you were saying.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »

Yes, this. I’d imagine it’s phrased “inflicting...on themselves” to circumvent mechanics that might prevent the user from applying them to the enemy (CBM?)?

Most likely. I totally read that wrong.

Right. Hence the question. With 100% chance of another attack versus GR, what’s preventing this from looping? It doesn’t say it only operates once per turn.

I think it’s more like Canderous’ basic or Leia’s Basic (where it has a chance to deal damage a second/third time) than like Greedo’s unique (which has a trigger outside the base ability, which uses a basic ability for a second time).

Right. Hence the question. With 100% chance of another attack versus GR, what’s preventing this from looping? It doesn’t say it only operates once per turn.

I think it’s more like Canderous’ basic or Leia’s Basic (where it has a chance to deal damage a second/third time) than like Greedo’s unique (which has a trigger outside the base ability, which uses a basic ability for a second time).

Yeah, I got it, misunderstood what the person I was responding to was saying. Post has been edited.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Not sure if I like the change on his unique. Sure, increasing the chance to gain TM from 25 to 100% is amazing but the cutdown from 45 to 15% TM gain? Idk..
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg