Rework Reveal: Count Dooku

Replies

• Whenever an enemy falls below 100% Health they inflict Tenacity Down and Healing Immunity for 2 turns on themselves, which can't be evaded or resisted, and all Separatist allies gain 10% Offense (stacking, max 50%).

If Talzin is on a Dooku-led Separatist team, is there a chance that her teammates could get +50% offense if her Dark Magick goes 5/5?
  • Roksteady wrote: »
    Whenever an enemy falls below 100% Health they inflict Tenacity Down and Healing Immunity for 2 turns on themselves, which can't be evaded or resisted, and all Separatist allies gain 10% Offense (stacking, max 50%).

If Talzin is on a Dooku-led Separatist team, is there a chance that her teammates could get +50% offense if her Dark Magick goes 5/5?

Yep. It would seem so. Fastest way to get to the cap. It would also proc the healing immunity along with plague, creating the same thing we saw with DR shock+plague.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Not sure if I like the change on his unique. Sure, increasing the chance to gain TM from 25 to 100% is amazing but the cutdown from 45 to 15% TM gain? Idk..

A 25% chance to gain 45% is effectively 11.25 TM, so on average he gains more TM now than he did before.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    I wish the Riposte buff (status?) would’ve been more than 2 turns or extended to counters via zeta

Reason being that he gives stealth for 2 turns and Riposte for 2 turns so he can only take advantage of it if his stealth was dispelled or AOE attacks that can be countered which feels like a niche case
  • zegene
    249 posts Member
    After Padme event, well played CG
    Check my collection. Contact me at Discord: zegene#1773
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Not sure if I like the change on his unique. Sure, increasing the chance to gain TM from 25 to 100% is amazing but the cutdown from 45 to 15% TM gain? Idk..

A 25% chance to gain 45% is effectively 11.25 TM, so on average he gains more TM now than he did before.

I'm just thinking in the way of "a low chance of big TM gain might be enough to get him another turn before enemy xy" (low chance, high impact) > "a guaranteed low TM gain that might not be enough to get him another turn before enemy xy" (high chance, low impact). But it's late and I might have a brainfart here, dunno.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Nteger
    3 posts Member
    This change alone probably means that I can 7* Padme now.
  • HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

yi6sxm4xugzy.gif

Thank You CG!
  • Kanzi
    45 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    Droideka looks like it's taking damage in the animation, but that's probably just a glitch.
    Probably it's Grievous turn after Dooku, and his unique triggers damaging Droideka

• Nauros wrote: »
    Drageero wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I dunno about this whole hurting your own team thing that the separatists seems to have trending for them....

I don't see where Dooku hurts his own team.

Droideka looks like it's taking damage in the animation, but that's probably just a glitch.

Probably not a glitch. It’s probably GG’s turn and his unique damaged Droideka.
  • Kanzi wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Probably it's Grievous turn after Dooku, and his unique triggers damaging Droideka

If droideka has damage immunity greivous's unique doesnt hurt it.
  • So this looks as though you get +35% counter chance on stun or daze which can't be right. Think this needs some punctuation because as written it is insanely dumb.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Really glad I dropped trou to get Padme at 7* and gear to 12 (w/ 2 zetas). Man they don’t even wait until the dust settles to offer a counter these days. Buyer beware....
    I don’t see them overpowering GR from the kits

It’s a B list team
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Special 2: Master of Makashi (Cooldown 3)
    FINAL TEXT: Count Dooku dispels all debuffs from himself and gains Riposte for 2 turns. All non-Tank Separatist allies gain 15% Turn Meter and Stealth for 2 turns.

Riposte: Attacks out of turn ignore Protection; can't be copied

Is this secretly the base level of this ability and not the fully upgraded version? It seems unreasonably weak for a special ability - compare this to Teebo’s special (+100% TM, 30% chance of stealth, Ewoks only), Plo special (+50% meter to Clone/Jedi, 25% to others, defense up), FO Officer second special (+15% TM, but deals damage and decreases cooldowns), Phasma (+50% TM, Advantage to all allies), Bistan (+20%, but gains Frenzy on self).

Either Riposte or Stealth need to pull a *lot* of weight for this to ever be worth using, and right now I’m not sure that it does enough, so this just... kind of makes Dooku worse on defense?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I hate Dooku. Now I have to hate Dooku more. Bummer I just spent a zeta on Padme, hope it wasn't in vain.
    i have a zeta on dooku and it still feels lackluster with the 15% up (10% previously). He has a base protection of 20k so he’s not healing much (1000 more) and his total health and protection is 40k, very easy to DPS through.

They also decreased his TM gain (non-zeta)

I’m interested in seeing if his base stat values were upped tho

But if you think about it, he has a chance to attack twice. So since it's worded the way it is, shouldn't he potentially get +30% turn meter and +30% protection back. If you keep attacking him, he is gonna come back stacking those numbers over and over.
    Now think about it with GunRay lead. Or even just GunRay ability to call separatist ally to assist. That's stacking it again. They can't make it a decent number because then he gets to be a hard sucker to bring down. I think, for once and maybe only once, that CG might have something right on these numbers. Every round in between dooku's turns, he could be gaining so much protection back while stunning and/or ability blocking someone.
    I think he needs testing with GunRay before we hate the small number change...plus surely a stat change as well.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    All the haters realize this is Count Dooku, right? The face of the Separatists, its de facto leader and hatchet-man of (arguably) the most powerful Sith Lord. Did you expect a wuss out of this? And of course a direct Padme counter.

Love it
  • Agrivere wrote: »
    "FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to attack again, doubled if the target is Galactic Republic. These attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Stun and Ability Block for 1 turn and can't be countered or evaded."

So Dooku just keeps attacking a Galactic Republic target until it's dead? Seems legit.

Umm...yeah...is there some sort of cap missing in this ability description?

Though the ability changed, the phrasing of it is the same as before. Unless CG really botch it up, “doubled if the target is Galactic Republic” only guarantees his 1 additional attack against the Galactic Republic.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Roksteady wrote: »
    Whenever an enemy falls below 100% Health they inflict Tenacity Down and Healing Immunity for 2 turns on themselves, which can't be evaded or resisted, and all Separatist allies gain 10% Offense (stacking, max 50%).

You could put Palpatine on the team too and use Let the Hate Flow. Same effect, more synergy.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    FINAL TEXT: Count Dooku dispels all debuffs from himself and gains Riposte for 2 turns. All non-Tank Separatist allies gain 15% Turn Meter and Stealth for 2 turns.

Is this secretly the base level of this ability and not the fully upgraded version? It seems unreasonably weak for a special ability - compare this to Teebo’s special (+100% TM, 30% chance of stealth, Ewoks only), Plo special (+50% meter to Clone/Jedi, 25% to others, defense up), FO Officer second special (+15% TM, but deals damage and decreases cooldowns), Phasma (+50% TM, Advantage to all allies), Bistan (+20%, but gains Frenzy on self).

Either Riposte or Stealth need to pull a *lot* of weight for this to ever be worth using, and right now I’m not sure that it does enough, so this just... kind of makes Dooku worse on defense?

Keep in mind though that Dooku is the 2nd fastest character in the game. His 15% TM gain + stealth can have a bigger impact because it can come at the beginning of battle.
  • @CG_SBCrumb How come you guys didn’t change Count Dooku to Darth Tyranus?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Maybe put both names.
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Keep in mind though that Dooku is the 2nd fastest character in the game. His 15% TM gain + stealth can have a bigger impact because it can come at the beginning of battle.

I get what you’re saying, but I don’t think it’s useful when a majority of separatists are 1) slow, so they won’t immediately follow Dooku’s turn and/or 2) internally synergistic within a different faction [Geo/Droid/etc]. Sure, you can go fast, but how much can you really take advantage of it, and how useful will that special really be either mid-battle or on a Sith squad?
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Agrivere wrote: »
    "FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 50% chance to attack again, doubled if the target is Galactic Republic. These attacks have a 50% chance to inflict Stun and Ability Block for 1 turn and can't be countered or evaded."

So Dooku just keeps attacking a Galactic Republic target until it's dead? Seems legit.

Umm...yeah...is there some sort of cap missing in this ability description?

It's pretty clear that the ability doesn't repeat itself. Greedo is the only character that has this functionality, and it explicitly states so in the ability description.
  • I wonder now what will be the best seperatists team and leader. Or will fielding two good seperatists teams be possible
  • This is going to make me wait on zetaing any seps just yet. I’m wondering optimal teams. Interesting that nute and Dooku work best with sep droids and no geos around anywhere.

• Hey @cg_sbcrumb and friends: His updated "Leadership" doesn't state whether the 50% Tenacity boost and Stacking Offense are each 'until the end of next turn' or 'until end of the encounter' or 'until the end of the battle'

Would you be kind enough to clarify the situation no those 2 items? Cheers
  • Fléau
    5 posts Member
    So does General Grievous benefit from the stacking offense bonus from Dooku's leader ability?
    His damage does not scale with physical damage, so I assume he doesn't.