Rework Reveal: Nute Gunray

Replies

• Not sure about droideka being a great, synergy here with all the speed changes. With it being percent based though it'll probably be neglible, otherwise looks like fun to toy with.
  • I've got only one question Now, Do we call him Nute Talzin or Mother Gunray ?

Nutesister Zombie :D

How does his kit work against Raid bosses?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Pretty cool kit

I wonder if the AI keeps using extortion cleanse over all other abilities (Like Thrawn’s special). If so, this team would be amazing on offense

EDIT: Nute reviving is weird

But you should do that in most cases, right? If you use extortion then it’s gone until Nute can reapply it in 2 turns. If you don’t get rid of it then it spreads like wildfire. I feel like stun/ability block + extortion is going to be important.
  • kjyftjxdg wrote: »
    Ugh can we please stop getting new status effects for every new rework or release. Its getting out of hand and becoming overly complicated to anyone who isnt a lawyer. Whats wrong with getting speed up or crit damage up?

If 15 sentences is too complicated for you to understand, this might not be the game for you... I'll take horizontal growth over vertical growth any day!

• unfortunately as i suspected, they nerfed his lead as is the pattern, no more tm gain. otherwise neat looking kit, definitely buffed with max health damage, and love the call all assist added
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    How will Extortion work vs. raid bosses? Or will it just not?

That’s easy.
    It won’t work at all when first released. After awhile they will address the bug and it will be OP/solo the entire Sith Raid, then get nerfed.
  • Chewy88
    237 posts Member
    How is Nute supposed to revive more than one time?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    New incoming Geonosian Separatist toon called Jolee Bugto
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    That moment when you want to write "Wow cool, a very strong looking reworked character that doesn't require a single zeta?" and then realize that Crumb updated a "EDIT: Updated Nute Gunray's Unique 1 to include that it requires a Zeta upgrade" into it.

S O C L O S E
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    Hmm isk if I’m glad or sad no one works with geos yet.

Dooku lead is awesome with Sun Fac and the Geonosians now. Counter increase for Sun Fac and now he doesn’t need any speed because everyone else will stealth.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Chewy88 wrote: »
    New incoming Geonosian Separatist toon called Jolee Bugto

Spit out my drink.....well played.
  • The Extortion/Profit mechanic seems like it could be really fun in theory. Can’t wait to use it... and can’t wait for more Seps so that I don’t have to put characters with good leader abilities under other characters with good leader abilities.
  • can’t wait for more Seps so that I don’t have to put characters with good leader abilities under other characters with good leader abilities.

Yes
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Sun fac would still need a rework as he cant tank at all his DEf sucks.

For a guy who was super tanky in 2016, he dies really fast in 2019. 100k protection means little when you have minimal armor and toons that can now do 100k per hit or better. Plus you have several that can almost instantly defeat 100k protection, chiefly Nihilus who wasn't around when Sun Fac first arrived and now Malak who is a Mini-Nihilus (Nihilus Jr?). Sun Fac needs more armor and perhaps a way to regenerate protection the way he can regenerate health though perhaps not to the same degree.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Does extortion count as a turn for the enemy?
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Clash2Far wrote: »
    Not bad rework. His stats were really low though prior. Did those get buffed as well?

EDIT: Also, why not just remove the scoundrel tag if it's not going to matter at all?

As a scoundrel player guess we need lando at the very end for another leader than Qi'ra.
  • Interesting kit...Looking forward to using them in my separatist squad!!
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Btw do we get refund on this because jawas lose a leader lol j/k
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Pretty cool kit

I wonder if the AI keeps using extortion cleanse over all other abilities (Like Thrawn’s special). If so, this team would be amazing on offense

EDIT: Nute reviving is weird

But you should do that in most cases, right? If you use extortion then it’s gone until Nute can reapply it in 2 turns. If you don’t get rid of it then it spreads like wildfire. I feel like stun/ability block + extortion is going to be important.

qvtgrtp4beee.jpeg
  • Where is his capital ship ???
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Where is his capital ship ???

Lucrehulk? Passive Super:

Blockade: The enemy reinforce Cool down is increased by 1.
  • DarthKoon
    449 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Where is his capital ship ???

Lucrehulk? Passive Super:

Blockade: The enemy reinforce Cool down is increased by 1.

And then the AI to uses it when the whole enemy team has already reinforced.
  • jfears2
    185 posts Member
    Did anyone else immediately think that his synergies should have been the underpants gnomes...

eff566hbbcr7.jpeg
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Anyone asking questions of the devs here is asking in the wrong place (sigh).

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/boncy4/dooku_and_nute_gunray_reworks/
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Anyone asking questions of the devs here is asking in the wrong place (sigh).

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/boncy4/dooku_and_nute_gunray_reworks/
    At least he answered my questions somewhere else!
  • I just read this again, I think people are underestimating it
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    People always underestimate kit reveals. Except for the ones who always overestimate them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH