Rework Reveal: Count Dooku

Replies

• Dryff
    672 posts Member
    How are people so confused by the kit?

-His basic does not attack infinitely.
    -His leader ability only affects ENEMIES
    -His TM gain used to be 25% chance for 45% TM gain = 11.25% avg TM. It is now 100% for 15% TM gain. Less RNG, more "overall TM gain"
    -The wording on his leadership very clearly adds 35% counter chance passively and not when Seperatist allies are stunned/dazed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Lonach wrote: »
    Strange... you release a hard counter to a team that is not arena viable...
    Does it means there will be another galatic republic release or rework ?

Doubly strange when you consider that no one is going to run Dooku-lead Seps in arena anyway, even with the current reworks. I don't understand the rework - unless it's only designed to make the Padme event easier in the future.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Akkhem hack akhem,
    Darth revan hack akhem,
    Still working on him akkhem hack grevious cough akhem,
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    why no synergy suggestion with Assaj ?-?
  • Honestly though the ignore protection when countering is going to be getting under my skin.
  • Literally,
  • This is going to make me wait on zetaing any seps just yet. I’m wondering optimal teams. Interesting that nute and Dooku work best with sep droids and no geos around anywhere.

my guess is there gonna totally overhaul Geos to work within themself (like SOLO smugglers) and not synergize with other seps as much, if at all.

I’m with that. A 5th geo and a faction synergy with same base stats boosts.
  • Ithilix
    39 posts Member
    Completely missing any synergy with Asajj Ventress... which would be kind of nice seeing that you did that exact same thing for GK, JKA, and Ahsoka.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »

Because “everyone” already has Ventress maxed?
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Not sure if I like the change on his unique. Sure, increasing the chance to gain TM from 25 to 100% is amazing but the cutdown from 45 to 15% TM gain? Idk..

He's got the second highest base speed in the game (179 behind only TFP). Not all that hard to get him into the 320s, so it's like adding an extra 48 speed onto him whenever you hit him. He's going to be interesting to handle with the increased tenacity after you stun or daze. Good thing he's only got one multi-tool.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Awesome rework! That Makashi stance looks badass! >:)>:)

Exactly this. Time to finally get that 7th star!
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Doubly strange when you consider that no one is going to run Dooku-lead Seps in arena anyway, even with the current reworks. I don't understand the rework - unless it's only designed to make the Padme event easier in the future.
    GA, TB, TW, (Raids?)
  • disappointed to see they removed his strength against the jedi, seemed thematic to me, and was useful
  • Dryff wrote: »
    How are people so confused by the kit?
    -His leader ability only affects ENEMIES
    Umm, no it doesn't. Separatist ALLIES gain +35% Counter Chance, and Separatist ALLIES can gain up to +50% Offense
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Boy, this would have saved me a lot of frustration last week if they'd released him then. Looks like he'll be superb in the upcoming Geo TB, and decent in GA/TW against padme teams.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

You have forgotten something... Or may be you just havent read that...

"To that end, we wanted to let you know that later in May, we are going to be releasing reworks of Count Dooku and Nute Gunray as a part of the lead up to the Dark Side Geonosian Territory Battle. These characters are meant to fit into the Territory Battle, specifically... "
  • Of course this is why they waited until after the Padme event to do reworks (or tune-ups) on Dooku and Nute.
    This. I worked my butt off to get Padme and now there is a HARD counter for her. Awesome!
  • How will he fare leading Genosians
  • Aydnie
    432 posts Member
    Aydnie wrote: »

Because “everyone” already has Ventress maxed?

I mean she gets counterattack and offense up, so, why not recommend using her under dooku lead ?
  • disappointed to see they removed his strength against the jedi, seemed thematic to me, and was useful

Exactly! I get that Galactic Republic is the current focus, but I don't see why adding one type of synergy should mean removing another synergy that had existed for a long time. The big-picture goal should be to have useful characters, and retaining the Jedi synergy would mean expanding his utility - instead of shifting it - because of the current flavor of the week.
  • Armandz
    36 posts Member
    wish he still had evasion chance on top of all this . then we're talking o.p.
  • So how will I find him any more useful on a sep team than I do as a sith?
  • Granted he is my best geared and leveled sep, but it looks like he's not synergized with the bugs, and I never cared to get nute gunray...and still don't.
  • Love everything about this... the TM gains, the new ability and animation, the stunning, and the new things in the leader ability...

Although, I noticed that his leader ability is now only restricted to Separatists (not that his old leader ability was that great). But is this going to be the trend? Reworked that restrict leader abilities until there are no good plug-and-play leaders?

Someone form a protective shield around Rex! Quick!
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    Please tell me you tested this out. I just hope a week after launch they get nerfd.