Should I start over?

I've been playing for about a month now, got to level 58 and have unlocked a lot of toons. I started to hit a lot of difficulty in squad arena and galactic war, and I've run across several guides that suggest it's a bad idea to level a lot of toons. Also, a lot of guides say to focus on Phoenix squad, which I just started farming.

My question is, is it a better idea to start over at this point and focus on a few key units, like the Phoenix squad, or play from where I'm at, with a bunch of mediocre toons that I've invested a lot of resources into?

Replies

• Myth4242 wrote: »
    I've been playing for about a month now, got to level 58 and have unlocked a lot of toons. I started to hit a lot of difficulty in squad arena and galactic war, and I've run across several guides that suggest it's a bad idea to level a lot of toons. Also, a lot of guides say to focus on Phoenix squad, which I just started farming.

My question is, is it a better idea to start over at this point and focus on a few key units, like the Phoenix squad, or play from where I'm at, with a bunch of mediocre toons that I've invested a lot of resources into?

Keep grinding away. Phoenix doesnt take a long time to grind out, they all are basically from different stores and nodes.
    You'll be happy you have "depth" to your roster later on.
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Keep going.

You're close to level 60, which is a major turning point in the game before hitting level 85. You'll be unlocking ships and the fleet store, which can make grinding a little easier.

For now, get your phoenix team going, then use them to get your empire team ready with Palpatine and thrawn. With ships, you should have Tarkin and TFP. You'll be able to farm Vader in the fleet store at 60. This will give you a good empire team with Palpatine, vader, Tarkin, tfp, and thrawn. Also, when you get phoenix going, you'll see a drastic change in galactic war. Phoenix makes the GW a lot easier. Once you have your Phoenix and empire teams established, grind out old ben, Bastila shan, and mace windu to 7 stars to get your 5 jedi for Grand Master Yoda. I suggest Mace cause he's super easy to get to 7 stars, and he's overdue for a rework, which will hopefully come soon. Old ben and Bastila are used for other legendary toons and are good in their own right. This will give you a good arena team with Bastila, old ben, ezra, gmy, and kanan.

With ships, follow the same advice. Unlock the phoenix ships. Toss in a few more rebel ships, like Biggs and wedge, and you'll be in a solid starting place, ships wise.
    Post edited by LordGrahck on
  • All good advice from these guys, only thing I would add is to buy 3 energy refreshes a day on basic and cantina. This will help you get to 85 faster where the real stuff is. GLHF!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Get into a good guild if you are not in one...level 58 is not too hard to improve from.

Where are you arena wise?
  • EPMAN
    76 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Yes and just do as advice dby rookie VOD´s
    Post edited by EPMAN on
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    You're early enough that you should be fine if you make a plan and stick to it.

Don't neglect your ships when you unlock them! Getting an early lead on ships is huge. You're already farming Phoenix and their ships are pretty great, so that's a good place to start. Biggs is also huge, and his character & ship shards are both easy farms as well.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• JarJarReubs
    36 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    get cassians ship too it is very good
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    Well squad arena I wouldn’t worry about early on at ur lvl. GW issues at lvl 60 isn’t good think I remember issues coming up around lvl 79-80. Ur going to need pheonix but u have time. Arena isn’t useful much until close to lvl 80. Early on u just massively drop and climb to go top 100-50. Higher depending on if you started playing the same time as others.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    2smooth wrote: »
    Arena isn’t useful much until close to lvl 80.

Are you saying that those 200-500 crystals you earn every day when you rank in top-20 at level 50 aren't much use?
  • Myth4242 wrote: »

I'm a month ahead of you, L79, and while loosing 30 days isn't great, its quite recoverable.

Phoenix squad is great in that it only has 1 overlapping farm area, Cantina Battles w/ Hera/Ezra.
    For that, Get Ezra open first, then Hera open, then Ezra to 5* followed by Hera the same, then Ezra to 7 & ditto Hera.
    He's more useful being a Jedi too & also your primary DPSer so farm him first to each bracket point.

Sabine will be a LONG SLOW farm. So work on her, but she will not likely be on your Emperor/Thrawn teams.
    Get her open & maybe even 3+* just to make Phantom a better ship.

Best options IMO for a 2nd/3rd/4th team is Empire, Jedi, & Scoundrels.

And yes, you want 4 teams fairly soon. Not 6+, but not just 1-2.

Galactic War is MUCH easier if you have multiple teams to alternate between battles.
    Phoenix is your main & will grind 1/2 of your 12 fights easily, but having some other teams that aren't total crap that you can use against certain targets & then Zerg assault a really tough node has become incredibly helpful.

My basic roster looks like this....

Phoenix Squad (All but Sabine who is only 3* for ships)

Empire (Emperor, Vader, TIE Pilot, Tarkin) + OTHER (I use Dooku/Talia/Veers/KyloU/RoyalGuard at random as needed, all lower geared or even Ezra at times, but the slot will be Thrawn's in 2 weeks when event returns)

Jedi (I used Ezra & Kanan from Phoenix along w/ Old Ben, Consular, & Qui-Gon to open up Yoda)
    I also have been farming Bastila & use her & Yoda in the spots I had Kanan/Ezra.
    As noted, Mace is free at 4* from fleet training so he's at option to 5* for early Yoda next time, otherwise farm a better Jedi like Bastilla.

Scoundrels (Lando, Boba, ST.Han, CW-Chewie, & V.Chewie) Substitute CadBane for V.Chewie since I got lucky & got him w/ my "free" guarenteed character chromium first opening.

I'm using 14 farmed characters to open up 5 legendary events (Emp, Yoda, Thrawn, R2, & CLS) & Credit heists due to overlapping classifications on some of them (Han, Ben, Ezra, & Kanan)

And most of it was all given to you from the game or with stuff like the $5 Starter Light/Dark packs.

When Fleet opens up at 60, I would suggest something different & improve on what I did.

Pick a single Capital Ship/Executrix & level it only up to 30-40 & use only that, don't put any XP into the other 2.
    The fighters are much cheaper to level up than the battle ships so dump early cash into getting them to 60+
    Get Kylo-U & Tie Fighter & FO-Tie Fighter up & running asap.
    They are all good ships & the characters will be used long term so nothing is wasted.

I went Rebels early thinking Chimera Event but I can't pass the 5* Home One challenge w/ my team & I flat out don't have enough ships for the Executrix event.

Keep plenty of Fleet Currency on hand each day & at each of the 3 refreshes of the store, make sure you buy EVERY single purchase of Vader's TIEx1 & Boba's Slave-1.
    As soon as those 2 are open you'll have 5 DS ships to upgrade Executrix & then open up the Zeta Mats level challenge which will help you MUCH more at L85 than having Chimera will. (Or so I've read repeatedly)