KOTOR Resurgence

DeeOhGee
118 posts Member
With the release of all the KOTOR characters in the game, did anyone else download the app from the app store and start playing the game again?

Replies

• CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    Opposite. My annoyance with the almost year and a half of this game being completely dominated by KOTOR content made me sour to the point of choosing specifically against playing the originals.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    CaesarAM wrote: »
    Opposite. My annoyance with the almost year and a half of this game being completely dominated by KOTOR content made me sour to the point of choosing specifically against playing the originals.

So when you say "almost year and a half" what I think you mean is less than 1 year. Kotor wasnt introduced until the content update that occurred on 7/11/2018.
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

So when you say "almost year and a half" what I think you mean is less than 1 year. Kotor wasnt introduced until the content update that occurred on 7/11/2018.

STR launched February 2018. So 15 months. That’s the start of KOTOR “dominance” of the game for me. Not just focusing on arena. That’s when we started having to direct all effort to KOTOR related things in order to keep up in the game.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »

STR launched February 2018. So 15 months. That’s the start of KOTOR “dominance” of the game for me. Not just focusing on arena. That’s when we started having to direct all effort to KOTOR related things in order to keep up in the game.

You didnt have to do anything. I guess building a JTR team was a lot of kotor focus lol. But hey to each their own, I dont care for kotor a whole lot either but I dont look at the world the same as you. I was never forced to focus on all things KOTOR.

• Has anyone pondered the chance that EA/Bioware could be working on either an updated version of KOTOR to run on Win 10 etc, or perhaps a 3rd installment?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Has anyone pondered the chance that EA/Bioware could be working on either an updated version of KOTOR to run on Win 10 etc, or perhaps a 3rd installment?

Could be, especially with the rumored trilogy of movies coming
  • I downloaded the app from the app store and am playing it for like the 6th time now. Best thing about SWGOH is introducing me to KOTOR for the first time.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • And as for a third KOTOR, I'm all for it, but I'd rather see KOTOR II ported to mobile first.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • CadoaBane
    563 posts Member
    I love KotoR I + II and would play them again anytime, if I get enough time for it. But never on a mobile phone with a tiny screen, that's kind of wasted.
  • And as for a third KOTOR, I'm all for it, but I'd rather see KOTOR II ported to mobile first.

I would rather see a remastered version of each game, with better graphics and the bugs worked out.
  • DeeOhGee
    118 posts Member
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    I love KotoR I + II and would play them again anytime, if I get enough time for it. But never on a mobile phone with a tiny screen, that's kind of wasted.

I'm playing on the iPad, I would never play on a phone either.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I've played it. I found it mundane and boring - I didn't even finish the first one. I've played through (and completed) NeverWinter Nights, all of the Starcraft campaigns, and the Baldur's Gate series, so it's not like I am one of those people who gives up on things easily. I found KOTOR to be boring and weak after a while. For it's time it was...fine. But that's it. I am honestly a little surprised that so many people act like it's the shizzle - and also surprised that CG felt the need to spend months and months of game time on a 16 year old video game that hasn't aged well, Whatevs. Not my call.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • So many good reviews with only a handful of sour reviews(these usually mean a good thing as in people are sour just for the sake of being so), makes me want to check it out.

But then again, i find sw in general to be kinda weak in storytelling. So not sure.

Only thing i did related to kotor was that I read about kreia and man was i fascinated.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    So many good reviews with only a handful of sour reviews(these usually mean a good thing as in people are sour just for the sake of being so),.

Or it means there are actually people who didn't like it. :(

Why the conspiracy theory? You do realize that not everyone has the same taste, right?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    So many good reviews with only a handful of sour reviews(these usually mean a good thing as in people are sour just for the sake of being so),.

Or it means there are actually people who didn't like it. :(

Why the conspiracy theory? You do realize that not everyone has the same taste, right?

Because someone always has to be salty
  • DeeOhGee
    118 posts Member
    So many good reviews with only a handful of sour reviews(these usually mean a good thing as in people are sour just for the sake of being so), makes me want to check it out.

But then again, i find sw in general to be kinda weak in storytelling. So not sure.

Only thing i did related to kotor was that I read about kreia and man was i fascinated.

The story was super compelling for me me. At least for the first one. the 2nd one kinda lacked excitement and dragged on a bit. Would recommend KOTOR 1 to anyone.

I would rather see a remastered version of each game, with better graphics and the bugs worked out.

I agree, that would be sick.