CLS Team Strategies

Prev1
Vendi1983
5023 posts Member
edited April 2019
Hi guys,

I've been putting off the switch to an alternative Squad Arena team as long as I can but after almost 18 months it's about time to bid adieu to my FO toons.

My next switch will be to the following;

G12 zzzCLS, CD/CC, +105
G12 zzChewie CD/CC
G11 zHan CD/CC
G11 zzR2 +122
G12 z Thrawn +115

I've run them a bunch on GW to get a feel for the team, but any specific helpful hints for the stronger teams in Arena? Kill orders, etc? Surrounded by zPalp, NS, lower gear and mod Revans, z Bastilas.

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Forgot to mention:

Guard is set up for CLS already, and free to suggestions on alternatives to Thrawn currently or in the future. (No 3PO yet...)
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited April 2019
    When facing Traya teams, use Han’s opening salvo against Thrawn, then use your own Thrawn to fracture Traya. Kill order is Thrawn, Bastila Fallen/Palpatine, Sion, Nihilus, Traya

When facing Jedi Revan teams without GK, begin by stunning and fracturing Yoda, which should trigger savior. Kill order is Yoda (to trigger savior), Jolee, Yoda, Revan, Bastila, Hermit Yoda or whoever they’re using as a 5th

When facing Bastila teams, you want to stun Yoda, and kill order either starts with Yoda (if no Jolee) or Jolee, if he’s present

• @Kai_Mulai thanks!
  • I’d also mod CLS for speed rather than CD, if you’ve got fast enough mods. He’s the engine that runs the TM train, and his attacks should focus on controlling the enemy team with stuns/TMR rather than hard kills (which are the job of Han/Chewie). I also usually avoid using call to action unless I need him to cleanse/heal, as he’s more valuable gaining lots of TM whenever anyone else gets attacked, then passing TM along via his unique/lead.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    I've debated that @Dirty_Litle_Smuggler . I have a +142 set on FOO but I really don't want to have to move them over because they're set up perfectly for all raids etc.

Time to start building a new set I guess.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    When facing Jedi Revan teams without GK

Can I have some of those?

Back when I ran CLS in arena against the JKR meta, the strat was not to shoot GMY first, it was to shoot Jolee first. He will resist three times (twice on Han and once on Chewie), granting 15% TM via CLS' lead.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Alright I've made the switch and now trying to figure out kill orders and strategies for various teams.

Any that I should avoid at all costs? Any that I can cut through like a hot knife through butter?

So far zPalp with no BSF is pretty straightforward. Stun Vader, focus down Palp and Fracture Sion. But when BSF is there she seems to be almost more critical than taking out Palp. Thoughts?
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Alright I've made the switch and now trying to figure out kill orders and strategies for various teams.

Any that I should avoid at all costs? Any that I can cut through like a hot knife through butter?

So far zPalp with no BSF is pretty straightforward. Stun Vader, focus down Palp and Fracture Sion. But when BSF is there she seems to be almost more critical than taking out Palp. Thoughts?

With chewie palps mass stun isn't as big a threat because of guard. I'd use Han's special attack + CLS to control palps while you take out the bigger threats.

You can also use Old Ben as your 5th if you go against a team where you need a tank. With his taunt zetad he's really good.

The only teams that are really bad are ones with Nest. It's a very difficult balance act to slowly whittle away the health of nest after each of her turns while targeting her other teammates between her turns to not apply too much tmr. You basically need to juggle so nest is the first to die, if the rest of her team dies first CLS teams have too much tmr to allow you to beat nest
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    @Captain_Apollo thanks for the tips! I'm trying to get old Ben up and properly modded to take Thrawn's place but all those Carbanti are desperately needed elsewhere.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    @Vendi1983 Thrawn is necessary as you can use his fracture on Sion (against Sith) or Revan (against Jedi).

You should cut through JKR like butter...once you get C3PO that is. My CLS team often doesn't lose a character against JKR and sometimes wins without even taking damage.

Personally I mod CLS with a potency cross and offense triangle. Potency ensures that buff immunity will stick on GK (the "easy button" for CLS against JKR). You could go with Crit Dmg triangle too, just use whichever has better speed.

You definitely want CLS as your fastest, followed by R2.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Also, just looked at your ewoks...you need to get on ewoks ASAP. CLS doesn't compete at top-end PvP without Goldenrod.
  • Presaria
    199 posts Member
    Any tips for Jedi Revan teams with GK?

I can try to work around GK with debuffing his taunt, but it is hit and miss.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Presaria wrote: »
    Any tips for Jedi Revan teams with GK?

I can try to work around GK with debuffing his taunt, but it is hit and miss.

You need to land CLS Buff Immunity on GK. If it is resisted, the fight is exponentially more difficult (albeit you usually can still win).
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Hit him with Han Chewie or CLS Chewie combo to inflict tenacity down initially then the buff immunity sticks.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    There's always a base 15% chance to resist even with ten down applied.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    True, but then modding for potency is irrelevant. Which was mentioned earlier to get BI to stick on GK.
  • Azazel61
    68 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I’m taking 1st with Cls but requires c3po and top tier mods.

R2 is replaced with thrawn
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    @Dryff I just started working on my Ewoks. With a Contact Protocol being next week I won't even unlock 5* unfortunately. But that should guarantee a 7* the time.

So far I'm farming the ideal lineup (no Scout or Teebo), and they're all G7-8 and +60-90 speed.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Awesome! C3PO definitely makes this team MUCH better. He can also be used in Padme and JTR teams to great effectiveness, though probably best overall in the CLS team. GL on the event!
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Dryff I just started working on my Ewoks. With a Contact Protocol being next week I won't even unlock 5* unfortunately. But that should guarantee a 7* the time.

So far I'm farming the ideal lineup (no Scout or Teebo), and they're all G7-8 and +60-90 speed.

With the ideal line-up you can get a 5* with significantly less gear than you would expect, but zeta on Chirpa is sort of the clencher. All level 85 5* great mods and zeta on Chirpa should equal 5* C3PO 4U.

Also, you should easily be able to bring all to G8 by end of event from G7
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Quick question: is Rally supposed to clear Fracture? I fractured Revan and on her next turn Bastila called Revan to assist and he could, with no fracture icon.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    No, either that's a bug or (more likely) you may have missed fracture expiring.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Possibly but Thrawn was still down around 25% turn meter. He had just done it. I'll record my next couple of Revan matches just in case.
  • Who would all of you that run CLS Rebels recommend as first for G12+ and G13 on the team? About to get C3PO so he's an option too.
  • Get Han to g12 1st. Keep CLS around G10, R2 g11, Chew don't matter just up as you can. Getting Han at g12 maximizes damage while just don't mod him for health/protection. Make sure guard stays on Han and CLS. C3PO gears pretty easy and is Tanky. Mod him to g10 while you work up Han
  • @Vendi1983 I don't recommend G13ing the CLS team. I destroyed an all g13 CLS mirror 2 days ago and their Han went 1st. My team only has 2 g12 on it....
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Get Han to g12 1st. Keep CLS around G10, R2 g11, Chew don't matter just up as you can. Getting Han at g12 maximizes damage while just don't mod him for health/protection. Make sure guard stays on Han and CLS. C3PO gears pretty easy and is Tanky. Mod him to g10 while you work up Han

How is any of this relevant when his toons are all already higher geared?
  • Well they're set up as such:

zzzCLS G12+3, 300 SPD, 4000 offense (+ GUARD)
    zzChewie, G12+5, 210 SPD, 4,900 offense
    zHan, G12+3, 240 SPD, 3,250 offense
    R2, G12+2, 304 SPD

For now: zThrawn, G12+1, 275 speed

But, all gear and mods hoarded for:

zzC3PO, G12+0, speed/potency set with +130 speed
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    @Vendi1983 I don't recommend G13ing the CLS team. I destroyed an all g13 CLS mirror 2 days ago and their Han went 1st. My team only has 2 g12 on it....

Anyone can lose on defense. I have seen a couple g13 CLS breaking top 50 or better.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Who would all of you that run CLS Rebels recommend as first for G12+ and G13 on the team? About to get C3PO so he's an option too.

I don't run that squad, but of the ones I see doing well, Han and CLS seem to be the first to g13.