No more 3v3, DR is unbalanced

124Next

Replies

• Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    While I agree that Malak is really a wallet warrior, he can still be beaten if you strategize it right.

Only if you're lucky, extremely lucky. I've beaten the trio once also, and it only took 4 attempts, but more often than not the team is unbeatable.

You said you've beaten it. So how can it be unbeatable?? 😉
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    DR Malak can be done in two tries with any high burst team, but opponent will clear all in first and wins anyways. Two tries mostly is a loose vs good opponents. We talk sometimes about efficiency on first kill. Thats the only real advantage.
  • mali3538
    105 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I like 3vs3 format, it is nice to have some change, and i dont mind DR/Malak thing (i dont have them), but i think that for 20% of player GA is just easy win, i have won a lot...i think i havent won 2 GA maybe 3, i think bigger issue is machmaking, it is easier for me to win against unbalanced rooster, this league thing will be good, i hope we will be placed with similar rosters, or we will get to that in time with winning/loosing.

Matchmaking should be done with comparing gear and maybe mods or zetas (not all of that), then we would not have huge advantage at start, just not only GP, with same GP it can be different up to 30 g12 toon or even more, I with 3.5mil gp have 43 g12 toons an lots of 10+ speed mods, and that is my advantage majority of players dont, so often they do not play against me and that is the boring part....no defense, no attack if i clear board...BORING

This time in 5vs5 i got DR/Malak oponent in first round, he have 50g12 toons and better mods, so he have advantage, but i wont give up, i will fight, and it will be fun.

FUN is all about GA, dont give up, TRY even if seems lost at start.

I already won against dude with DR in final TWICE, i didn't give up.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Put all your best teams on defense and then ignore offense. Basically skip the rounds where you face DR or DR/Malak. The game mode isn’t fun anyway, so take it as a gift that you don’t need to waste extra time on it.

Ah you're the one I keep facing.

Why not make it fun? Try new teams. See how far you can get. You know, play the game.

Umm, some of these teams, like DR/Malak, have so few counters by design that it’s really not fun to even experiment with new teams against them.

On top of that, there’s about 6 or 7 real tough meta teams so missing one (or in my case 3) is extremely significant unless your opponent is missing an equal number. It’s not like I can throw my bugs, clones, or old school Jedi at some of these meta teams to whittle them down.

I find GA to be boring and a chore to play. I don’t want to spend extra time on it if I don’t have to. 90% of the time, I look at my opponent’s roster and can accurately predict who will win, so I win as many battles as possible when I know I’ll win the match and use the strategy above when I know I’ll lose. I play for the rewards and that’s it. If I want to test new rosters, I’ll use TB, TW, or GW.

If you like this mode then great, but I’m guessing from all of the discussions I follow here that more people don’t like GA than those that like it.

So wait...

You look at you opponents roster and decide ahead of time if you can win. If not, you don’t even play.
    And then claim that your prediction is 90% accurate?

Obviously if you don’t try, you will lose!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Put all your best teams on defense and then ignore offense. Basically skip the rounds where you face DR or DR/Malak. The game mode isn’t fun anyway, so take it as a gift that you don’t need to waste extra time on it.

Why not make it fun? Try new teams. See how far you can get. You know, play the game.

Umm, some of these teams, like DR/Malak, have so few counters by design that it’s really not fun to even experiment with new teams against them.

On top of that, there’s about 6 or 7 real tough meta teams so missing one (or in my case 3) is extremely significant unless your opponent is missing an equal number. It’s not like I can throw my bugs, clones, or old school Jedi at some of these meta teams to whittle them down.

I find GA to be boring and a chore to play. I don’t want to spend extra time on it if I don’t have to. 90% of the time, I look at my opponent’s roster and can accurately predict who will win, so I win as many battles as possible when I know I’ll win the match and use the strategy above when I know I’ll lose. I play for the rewards and that’s it. If I want to test new rosters, I’ll use TB, TW, or GW.

If you like this mode then great, but I’m guessing from all of the discussions I follow here that more people don’t like GA than those that like it.

So wait...

You look at you opponents roster and decide ahead of time if you can win. If not, you don’t even play.

I do it all the time... my prediction is 100% accurate not 90%

obviously if I had to fight all the self proclaimed Bobby Fischers around here I would set nothing as....I mean.....who could beat bobby fischer.

So many Fred Savage brothers from the The Wiz around here.... I would never dare challenge them.

What we need round these parts are the bobby Fischers realizing they can't beat Richie Rich

But in the end....only the Fonzie wins...cause he don't play ur rigged games....EHHHHHHHHH ! (hits jukebox)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

So wait...

obviously if I had to fight all the self proclaimed Bobby Fischers around here I would set nothing as....I mean.....who could beat bobby fischer.

So many Fred Savage brothers from the The Wiz around here.... I would never dare challenge them.

What we need round these parts are the bobby Fischers realizing they can't beat Richie Rich

But in the end....only the Fonzie wins...cause he don't play ur rigged games....EHHHHHHHHH ! (hits jukebox)

Your prediction that you will lose when you set one team of junk for your defense is 100% accurate? Color me shocked.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I want a Bobby Fischer title! I just didn't realize I had to self proclaim it. Kinda like declaring bankruptcy I guess.

giphy.gif

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SirCrankz wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    While I agree that Malak is really a wallet warrior, he can still be beaten if you strategize it right.

Only if you're lucky, extremely lucky. I've beaten the trio once also, and it only took 4 attempts, but more often than not the team is unbeatable.

So you assume because you can't, it is unbeatable as you are clearly the best player ever lived with the best squads and the best mods and way to apply them on toons. Interesting... can you provide any arguments or proves for this implied statement?

I made no assumptions. I never said I can't beat it. I never said the comp is always unbeatable. Read what I wrote. You can beat it sometimes, with luck, but most of the time the team is unbeatable. I.e. if the only 2 or 3 comps that can beat it fail, then it becomes unbeatable.
  • I like the 3v3 GA, therefore I disagree with the O.P.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

So wait...

Your prediction that you will lose when you set one team of junk for your defense is 100% accurate? Color me shocked.

math is math bra
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    I want a Bobby Fischer title! I just didn't realize I had to self proclaim it. Kinda like declaring bankruptcy I guess.

giphy.gif

if you claim that title then I will be the master Chesstician and Bobby Fischer rival the mad russian Nikolai Volkoff prepare to be destroyed sir
    5c0b2exety8x.png

Second- if the counter fails than it is unbeatable - isnt that ture for all teams?!

No, every other team has multiple ways to win, so if one fails there are others.
  • Ryanodo
    82 posts Member
    Because the general mindset of people is just this. Give me this, it's not fair if I don't have it. They're the real plague on this game.
    Arhithi wrote: »
    OP stated that DR is beatable by sending in a cheese team and follow it up with a CLS team. So whats the problem? He's the newest meta and should be hard to beat. I really don't understand why everyone wants things to be easy and just handed to them all the time. Work for it and you'll feel much more satisfied once you get it done.
  • @SmurfLAX28 but DR/Malak can be beaten by non DR/Malak squads in 3x3 GA! I beat all 3 of the ones I faced in the last GA without using my DR/Malak and one of the guys I went against beat mine without having Malak and beat me in banners as we both cleared but he was more efficient.

Except you can't be more efficient if you don't have Malak, that's the point... You just simply can't unless they are some next level awful

• Sorry meant to say you can't be more efficient if you don't have DR and they have Revan, unless they try to lose basically
    Interesting, so outside Treya how do you beat a good moded JKR?

JKR mirror
    CLS
    DR
    Bastila jedi