Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Daimoisgod wrote: »
    KRU was released just before the 2nd time the BB8 event came around

28/07/2017 - BB8 Event 1st Time
    09/11/2017 - KRU Marquee
    08/12/207 - BB8 Event 2nd Time

Many won't have had KRU for the 2nd time BB8 came around which won't be the case with Dooku and Nute reworks

add roughly 2 to 3 months to his marquee date for him to become farmable, so basically no one had KRU that still needed to unlock bb8.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Which means it isn't like this event then as chances are most will have Dooku and Nute by the second run of Padme
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Wait, is this post about Nute and Dooku being reworked, the Padme event, new player vs old player, ftp vs P2P, KRU and bb8 release dates, or walking uphill in snow?

So many topics.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Which means it isn't like this event then as chances are most will have Dooku and Nute by the second run of Padme

For certain definitions of “have,” sure. Will “most” people gear them up and zeta them? Who knows. We don’t even know how much easier these reworks will make the event. We do know that Droideka makes the event a whole lot easier and people have the ability to farm Droideka in time for the second event when they couldn’t have done so for the first event. So there was already a method in place to make the event much easier the second time.

But my point was just that these events become easier over time for a variety of reasons, and there’s nothing wrong with that. They added zetas to Phoenix after the Thrawn event was already out - you could equally well complain that they should have had those zetas from the beginning.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Which means it isn't like this event then as chances are most will have Dooku and Nute by the second run of Padme

For certain definitions of “have,” sure. Will “most” people gear them up and zeta them? Who knows. We don’t even know how much easier these reworks will make the event. We do know that Droideka makes the event a whole lot easier and people have the ability to farm Droideka in time for the second event when they couldn’t have done so for the first event. So there was already a method in place to make the event much easier the second time.

But my point was just that these events become easier over time for a variety of reasons, and there’s nothing wrong with that. They added zetas to Phoenix after the Thrawn event was already out - you could equally well complain that they should have had those zetas from the beginning.

No you cant because Thrawn also got a zeta too. Which made the event the same if not harder.

Yeah they become easier over time but thats after a new shiny toon has been released after. Its never been immediately after. Immediately after is a slap in a face to those that spent. Doesnt matter of it was announced before, its still a terrible idea regardless.

No one had KRU for the second BB8 unless they paid for him. Marquees dont work that way.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »

No you cant because Thrawn also got a zeta too. Which made the event the same if not harder.

Yeah they become easier over time but thats after a new shiny toon has been released after. Its never been immediately after. Immediately after is a slap in a face to those that spent. Doesnt matter of it was announced before, its still a terrible idea regardless.

No one had KRU for the second BB8 unless they paid for him. Marquees dont work that way.

The event was not made harder. You are just full of myths today.

You conveniently ignored my point about Droideka. Is that a “slap in the face” too? Because that is *exactly* how marquees work.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    NicWester wrote: »
    Nute's last rework made him worse, Finn's too, and HK as a droid leader.

Finn and HK are much better now. They're just not leaders any more, which is actually fine when you consider their leader abilities were so strong that they were the reason later Droid and Resistance characters were gimped. I know, I know, I know, you're going to come back at me with something about how Revan has an equally OP, faction-breaking leader ability. The difference is that you can't farm Revan from a single Cantina node.

HK is better for 1% of the player base. But for the 100% of us that had a droid squad set up around him it was a big middle finger. Wish i could get all my credits and droids and mats spent on him back. Id find another droid leader. Waiting for Bao-Dur i guess.

Your "100%" of players that had a droid squad built around HK is probably a smaller number than that "1%" of players with DR in their roster, by the way.

Funniest thing I've read all day. No way more people have darth revan than a geared droid squad based around HK.
    KueChael wrote: »
    Hopefully this reworks pattern holds where characters get better synergy with their factions or professions. It can be more interesting then the start of the game when my lineup was Sidious L, Dooku, Lumi, fives, and JC. Mixed groups are not as fun (imo).
    I’m not a big fan of lightside characters on a Darkside squads (or DS on LS) because of one mechanic. I wish that characters like GMY buff mechanic could only work on lightside characters. Just my opinion.

That's funny. I'm of the exact opposite mind. Forcing people to stick with pure factions and limiting mixed comps takes pretty much every last bit of fun out of the game IMO. I want to create my own team and be successful, not pick from a set of pre-decided teams.

Only way to do that is to have light/dark teams with mixed faction tags, but nowadays any team like that gets nerfed. It's why I've gone from an every day player to maybe once a week. When I first started playing I was a whale. Power creeping too much at a time made me stop spending. This faction specific nonsense is making me quit playing.

You conveniently ignored my point about Droideka. Is that a “slap in the face” too? Because that is *exactly* how marquees work.
    Sometime people need a slap in the face. Just look at any hysterical person in the movies.

Maybe the big hit from a non-zeta droideka would be helpful. In general though, any character with an out of turn attack was a very bad idea for that event since every counter or assist gave the person being attacked 50% health as irresistible, indispellable protection up that made them immune to debuffs. Which means if you used Dooku, Magna, B1, GeoSol, or Droideka you had a tougher time than others.

Oh, and every event that featured a character who got a rework was harder after they were reworked. That's completely true.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I'd totally watch a sitcom starring Dooku and Nute as mismatched roommates.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member

Thrawn didn't suddenly get to use his zetas in his event because Phoenix got zetas, that's not how any legendary has worked to my knowledge.

• CamaroAMF
    In a foot of snow. Can’t forget the snow.

Barefoot.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    New FO characters were released not long after the BB8 event and those new characters were both better and easier to farm than the original ones. [/quote]

Specifically KRU. Or was he released just before BB-8?[/quote]

Definitely after. In my day we couldn't walk over the event with KRU, we had to do it with Phasma lead. And we had to walk uphill while doing it. Both ways.[/quote]

In a foot of snow. Can’t forget the snow.[/quote]

10 feet of snow! I even zeta phasma lead pre-KRU release and now phases doesn’t even make the line up for my FO team, phasma zeta almost as regrettable as savage oppress back long ago when was needed to do heroic tank raid
  • look pretty good question tho with eon those taking leader... is GG worth gearing at this point can he be a good non leader toon? what is the sweet spot for padme 7*?

nute dooku droideka and magna, B2? or?

Hah are you kidding me, yes. GG is an absolute beast at g12, and with his unique zeta... I can't imagine a Dooku team would really be good without him.
  • I can only hope that these two are used for an awesome team that we can name Nute Dookum.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member

Not ignoring your point it just doesn't make any sense and also doesn't apply. Im talking about REWORKS both BUFFS and NERFS.

Droideka was not reworked. It was released prior to the event as a pay option and now is going to be available for the second event as a free option...like
    Everyother Marquee thats come before a legendary

Reworks should not happen immediately after the legendaries first appearance. It cheapens the win for those that succeeded in getting it on the first time, F2P or P2P, period.

And yes the Thrawn event was made harder due to zetas. A quick search here on the forums will prove that the difficulty spiked from g8 to g10 requirements.

And no BB8 was not that tough to get. It took a maxed Phasma and Zylo. I guess if you couldn't max then then it was tough. Or maybe i got lucky...
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    And yes the Thrawn event was made harder due to zetas. A quick search here on the forums will prove that the difficulty spiked from g8 to g10 requirements

Not this again. You keep claiming this, consistently, over months. You also claimed the Chewie event difficulty was raised second time round if I remember correctly.

They do not adjust the difficulty of the legendary events.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited May 2019

Not ignoring your point it just doesn't make any sense and also doesn't apply. Im talking about REWORKS both BUFFS and NERFS.

Droideka was not reworked. It was released prior to the event as a pay option and now is going to be available for the second event as a free option...like
    Everyother Marquee thats come before a legendary

Reworks should not happen immediately after the legendaries first appearance. It cheapens the win for those that succeeded in getting it on the first time, F2P or P2P, period.

And yes the Thrawn event was made harder due to zetas. A quick search here on the forums will prove that the difficulty spiked from g8 to g10 requirements.

And no BB8 was not that tough to get. It took a maxed Phasma and Zylo. I guess if you couldn't max then then it was tough. Or maybe i got lucky...

I don’t need to search the forum, I was here for it. I remember people making that claim and I remember them being proven wrong. And I remember, personally, completing the Thrawn event at g8 after the alleged difficulty spike.

You still have not explained what is so special about reworks making the second iteration of an event easier compared to any other way in which the events become easier. My win doesn’t feel cheapened in the slightest so maybe this is just a you problem.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    And yes the Thrawn event was made harder due to zetas. A quick search here on the forums will prove that the difficulty spiked from g8 to g10 requirements

Not this again. You keep claiming this, consistently, over months. You also claimed the Chewie event difficulty was raised second time round if I remember correctly.

They do not adjust the difficulty of the legendary events.

They did especially with Thrawn. Only because they implemented Zetas though.

It would be crazy if i was the only person that though this. Im not. The majority knows Thrawn event was harder after due to the zeta they gave him.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member

Concerning Thrawn: Nope. Never heard of your version. Completed Thrawn with G8 the second or third time around.

How is a rework of the Seps cheapen the win in the Padme event? I have my Padme and I do not care if the Seps are reworked or not. Why should I?
    I have her and she is exclusive for the next 3 months. So why should I care, if the Seps are reworked now after or in 1 or 2 months?

• jejuzang wrote: »

Thrawn had both zetas on release. I gave him one the week of the event's first run, one a couple weeks after. Phoenix didn't have zetas at that time.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Finn and HK are much better now. They're just not leaders any more, which is actually fine when you consider their leader abilities were so strong that they were the reason later Droid and Resistance characters were gimped. I know, I know, I know, you're going to come back at me with something about how Revan has an equally OP, faction-breaking leader ability. The difference is that you can't farm Revan from a single Cantina node.

HK is better for 1% of the player base. But for the 100% of us that had a droid squad set up around him it was a big middle finger. Wish i could get all my credits and droids and mats spent on him back. Id find another droid leader. Waiting for Bao-Dur i guess.
    So you're saying that no one will ever get Darth Revan again? The event won't exist any more and no one else will ever unlock him?

Oh. Okay.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    So you're saying that no one will ever get Darth Revan again? The event won't exist any more and no one else will ever unlock him?

Oh. Okay.

Please share whatever it is you're on that made you reach that conclusion from his statement.

I'm half serious. Your comment makes no sense. Whoever said anything about the future? This conversation is about the past and the present.

Eventually more people will have Darth Revan than droids geared for an HK lead. That's a no brainer statement. Of course they will. No one will ever build a team for an HK lead again but more and more people will get DR.

That has nothing to do with the present situation. THAT is what this discussion is about.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    Nah this is just wrong. A complete slap in the face.

They make an event really difficult, then after its passed they rework the toons used in the event. They know this rework should have been first.

I would be upset if i sunk my resources into getting Padme with a less than team and these reworks end up making her easier to get

Of course it is....because everything that happens in the world today is a "slap in the face" to someone, lol. They told us before the event that Dooku and Nute were getting reworks. Anyone paying attention knew that these two would be better after their reworks. The people who got Padme will have her for 3 months before other people can get her....if they just wanted to eventually get her and didn't want that period of exclusivity, they could have waited for the reworks. That's why I just got her at 5* with what I had and didn't gear up anyone specifically for her event. I already had Dooku at G11 and wanted to see how much better he was going to be after his rework.

Paying attention?

Correct way to do this would have been to issue the reworks and make Padme a marquee so everyone gets to test the rework out and be sure if they want it. It also leads to sales.

Only people that were hurt by this were those that spent resources to get Padme early and everyone else gets her later with an easier time. Point is the rework should have happened before the event because now you are essentially changing the events difficulty very soon after its release.

Like how they released new BHs BEFORE the Chewy event. What made them think this was a good idea i wonder...

Paying attention? Because it’s clear that you have no idea why things like Finn and HK were changed.

Most reworks are meant to be buffs, especially if they are announced or hinted at earlier. JKA, GK, Ahsoka, Bastila, Grievous, B2, etc. Most “nerfs” have happened only recently, and they were also announced as such.

Look, we get that you and a lot to f people spent to get Padmé, but however unfair this is, it’s a marketing strategy. I’m guessing that it’s working, due to their repeated use of this strategy. It makes no sense from a business standpoint to make free characters really good right before a big event.

And im saying the marketing strategy would be better the other way around by introducing these reworks first through a marquee event to work out the for sure bugs these will bring.

No one in their right mind is going to invest in these reworks now. Especially when there is about a 90% chance they will be nerfed in a week. This game is so complicated that everytime there is a "rework" or a new toon introduced the game is "broken" and then more toons are getting nerfed.

I didnt spend for padme because i am free to play but its a slap in the face to those that did.

These nerfs have BEEN happening. Its only recent to you because you haven't played this game for very long. Like Nute for example (funny that he's now being buffed again)

This strategy has never been used before. Never. Look at all the legendaries there are and tell me which have had reworks RIGHT after the event was held to make the event easier, ill wait (surprise, there are none). Everything has always happened prior to an event happening never right after. If its right after its to nerf a toon not buff them.

Explain to me why the HK droids were destroyed. We all know what happened to Finn.

Lol, so many fallacies. Also don’t pretend you know me, I’ve played this game for years.

Again, Nute and Dooku have, for most people, been ready to go for years. Giving them a solid rework BEFORE the event that requires their faction is a terrible money making strategy.

And you don’t “spend money” on reworks.

Good day
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I'd totally watch a sitcom starring Dooku and Nute as mismatched roommates.

“Dooku, where are my PLLAANNNSS?”

*Hysterical laughing from LEGO people*
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member

They make an event really difficult, then after its passed they rework the toons used in the event. They know this rework should have been first.

I would be upset if i sunk my resources into getting Padme with a less than team and these reworks end up making her easier to get

Of course it is....because everything that happens in the world today is a "slap in the face" to someone, lol. They told us before the event that Dooku and Nute were getting reworks. Anyone paying attention knew that these two would be better after their reworks. The people who got Padme will have her for 3 months before other people can get her....if they just wanted to eventually get her and didn't want that period of exclusivity, they could have waited for the reworks. That's why I just got her at 5* with what I had and didn't gear up anyone specifically for her event. I already had Dooku at G11 and wanted to see how much better he was going to be after his rework.

Paying attention?

Correct way to do this would have been to issue the reworks and make Padme a marquee so everyone gets to test the rework out and be sure if they want it. It also leads to sales.

Only people that were hurt by this were those that spent resources to get Padme early and everyone else gets her later with an easier time. Point is the rework should have happened before the event because now you are essentially changing the events difficulty very soon after its release.

Like how they released new BHs BEFORE the Chewy event. What made them think this was a good idea i wonder...

Paying attention? Because it’s clear that you have no idea why things like Finn and HK were changed.

Most reworks are meant to be buffs, especially if they are announced or hinted at earlier. JKA, GK, Ahsoka, Bastila, Grievous, B2, etc. Most “nerfs” have happened only recently, and they were also announced as such.

Look, we get that you and a lot to f people spent to get Padmé, but however unfair this is, it’s a marketing strategy. I’m guessing that it’s working, due to their repeated use of this strategy. It makes no sense from a business standpoint to make free characters really good right before a big event.

And im saying the marketing strategy would be better the other way around by introducing these reworks first through a marquee event to work out the for sure bugs these will bring.

No one in their right mind is going to invest in these reworks now. Especially when there is about a 90% chance they will be nerfed in a week. This game is so complicated that everytime there is a "rework" or a new toon introduced the game is "broken" and then more toons are getting nerfed.

I didnt spend for padme because i am free to play but its a slap in the face to those that did.

These nerfs have BEEN happening. Its only recent to you because you haven't played this game for very long. Like Nute for example (funny that he's now being buffed again)

This strategy has never been used before. Never. Look at all the legendaries there are and tell me which have had reworks RIGHT after the event was held to make the event easier, ill wait (surprise, there are none). Everything has always happened prior to an event happening never right after. If its right after its to nerf a toon not buff them.

Explain to me why the HK droids were destroyed. We all know what happened to Finn.

Lol, so many fallacies. Also don’t pretend you know me, I’ve played this game for years.

Again, Nute and Dooku have, for most people, been ready to go for years. Giving them a solid rework BEFORE the event that requires their faction is a terrible money making strategy.

Good day

What? Anyone can just say things with no reason. Nothing you said makes any sense. You're just saying things

I never mentioned you, so i surely dont care to know you.

What are the fallacies you claim are there?

So i guess the Bastilla rework prior to the Malak event was a bad money making idea huh? Even though people had her ready for months...

I dont have Nute ready, sure i have Dooku and but then again ive played since 2016. By the time i heard about the Nute in AAT raid CG nerfed him...and you cant just assume most people have a useless toon like Nute ready to go. Thats ridiculous.

Yes you do spend money on reworks, that's why there are packs for the reworked toons. I was however mainly referring to the resources in game you spend which you only get quickly by....spending money

Go away.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited May 2019
    Go away.

Admittedly I didn't read the rest of the post, or any of the run-up posts on either side.

With that said, this is not how forums work.

And with that said, I feel like we could all get along if we could all just sit down in the same room, have a drink, and watch my Dooku and Nute sitcom.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Paying attention?

Good day

What? Anyone can just say things with no reason. Nothing you said makes any sense. You're just saying things

So i guess the Bastilla rework prior to the Malak event was a bad money making idea huh? Even though people had her ready for months...

I dont have Nute ready, sure i have Dooku and but then again ive played since 2016. By the time i heard about the Nute in AAT raid CG nerfed him...and you cant just assume most people have a useless toon like Nute ready to go. Thats ridiculous.

Yes you do spend money on reworks, that's why there are packs for the reworked toons. I was however mainly referring to the resources in game you spend which you only get quickly by....spending money

Go away.

Assuming that parts of what you suggest are fact. Forgot the name of that fallacy. I should also point out that you’re proving yourself wrong. You literally said that Nute was good for AAT, and that gives people incentive to improve him. Other people, having mastered the end game, upgraded him anyway. Basically, if you’ve been playing since 2016 and haven’t leveled Nute: that’s kinda on you.

Bastila was different from these reworks. Just because Bastila got buffed before Malak, it didn’t mean that she could be used instead of other characters that were hard to build up in time without money.

So I’ll show you the whole scenario. CG allows the public to farm Droideka and Battle Droid. Then, they announce Padmé is coming shortly after. Now let’s say they rework Dooku and Nute right before Padmé. Yay, everyone gets Padmé because these free characters are good! There is no money needed to get an “arduous” legendary character right off the bat. So what actually happened, instead of losing money, CG made the event just hard enough to get people to think they needed to pay for Droideka. That, or they needed some top tier characters. After the event, they release the reworks to make it easier for more casual players later. It’s a win-win.

I’m assuming that you ended up paying and are now mad. I’m sorry for you, but that doesn’t give warrant to your argument. If that is the case, then you just fell into their convincing business model.

And finally, no, I don’t need to leave you alone. If you didn’t want criticism, you shouldn’t have posted on a public forum. Just saying.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member

Paying attention?

Good day

Go away.

Assuming that parts of what you suggest are fact. Forgot the name of that fallacy. I should also point out that you’re proving yourself wrong. You literally said that Nute was good for AAT, and that gives people incentive to improve him. Other people, having mastered the end game, upgraded him anyway. Basically, if you’ve been playing since 2016 and haven’t leveled Nute: that’s kinda on you.

Bastila was different from these reworks. Just because Bastila got buffed before Malak, it didn’t mean that she could be used instead of other characters that were hard to build up in time without money.

So I’ll show you the whole scenario. CG allows the public to farm Droideka and Battle Droid. Then, they announce Padmé is coming shortly after. Now let’s say they rework Dooku and Nute right before Padmé. Yay, everyone gets Padmé because these free characters are good! There is no money needed to get an “arduous” legendary character right off the bat. So what actually happened, instead of losing money, CG made the event just hard enough to get people to think they needed to pay for Droideka. That, or they needed some top tier characters. After the event, they release the reworks to make it easier for more casual players later. It’s a win-win.

I’m assuming that you ended up paying and are now mad. I’m sorry for you, but that doesn’t give warrant to your argument. If that is the case, then you just fell into their convincing business model.

And finally, no, I don’t need to leave you alone. If you didn’t want criticism, you shouldn’t have posted on a public forum. Just saying.

No i did not pay anything for Padme. That event was way too tough for me/i was no where near ready.

Only some people have nute super well geared. Only those that knew of how he worked with AAT. This was before g12 i believe...and he got nerfed hard, so im sure no one maxed him because CG nerfed him nearly useless.

My point is and has always been that this method of a rework was a slap in the face. You dont change something AFTER the fact. No one buys a car then test drives it. People are going to be SOOOO mad when these "reworked" toons dont help them get Padme. They are investing in the reworks off faith not sight.

Im calling it now. CG will either refund everyone that put a Zeta and invested in Dooku and Nute, or they will rework the "rework" and make them viable for the event.

I refuse to invest in something that im not sure about will do what i want it to. And my main reason for investing in those two is Padme.

As ive stated ad nausea CG has ALWAYS done the reworks prior to the event or at least not right after.
    Bastilla (free slow farm)> Darth Malak
    Nightsisters (free fast farm)
    Ewoks (free fast farm)
    Bounty Hunters (free mixed farm)

And i *think* all the rest have been after the second run of a event.

Either way ill see you in 90 days (or less pending if CG can catch this walk by faith debacle before the event returns).

If only there was someway to teat these toons in that event prior.....hm...

Your first comment wasn't criticism. It was just you saying " no because i have my reasons.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Go away lol. That's my new favorite comment. I feel like Nute would be telling Dooku to Go Away all the time in your proposed sitcom @TVF
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Haha that's his catchphrase!
  • Richfxxx wrote: »
    New FO characters were released not long after the BB8 event and those new characters were both better and easier to farm than the original ones.

Specifically KRU. Or was he released just before BB-8?[/quote]

Definitely after. In my day we couldn't walk over the event with KRU, we had to do it with Phasma lead. And we had to walk uphill while doing it. Both ways.[/quote]

In a foot of snow. Can’t forget the snow.[/quote]

10 feet of snow! I even zeta phasma lead pre-KRU release and now phases doesn’t even make the line up for my FO team, phasma zeta almost as regrettable as savage oppress back long ago when was needed to do heroic tank raid[/quote]

I like her Zeta actually but I think the reason why hers isn’t at good anymore is KRU dominates FO Leadership and there are only 8 FO toons. Having say 10 total would make her much more useful instead of a 3 man team and toss in randoms.